edison project
Geraldo

Houston, TX

#61 Jan 22, 2012
callmewag wrote:
the sm, salary mgt, 2 stl thing doesn't sound far fetched at all since it's fairly standard for the industry. pretty sure walgreens is the only company that has been overpaying a bunch of mgt's to stock shelves and mop floors for all these years...
troll alert
Been There

Saint Paul, MN

#62 Jan 23, 2012
florida wrote:
this is all getting ridicouls....whatever will happen..will happen....walgreens will not just blind side people...that is not how they have survived for over 100 years...with what is it now...26 or 27 years in a row of record earnings...from the sounds made from some of you out there..you may end up losing your jobs before this even comes around...talking about looking for a lawyer?? come on now....
I think "looking for a lawyer" makes sense in that it is best to know what your options are. Some folks here have answered that unemployment comp is an option. I need to to know for sure, how much, is partial an option, etc.. Why go into a meeting without knowing what your position is? Many of us have bills to pay and a major pay cut could send some people over the edge.
Been There

Saint Paul, MN

#63 Jan 23, 2012
florida wrote:
this is all getting ridicouls....whatever will happen..will happen....walgreens will not just blind side people...that is not how they have survived for over 100 years...with what is it now...26 or 27 years in a row of record earnings...from the sounds made from some of you out there..you may end up losing your jobs before this even comes around...talking about looking for a lawyer?? come on now....
I think "looking for a lawyer" makes sense in that it is best to know what your options are. Some folks here have answered that unemployment comp is an option. I need to to know for sure, how much, is partial an option, etc.. Why go into a meeting/interview without knowing what your position is? Many of us have bills to pay and a major pay cut could send some people over the edge.
Been There

Saint Paul, MN

#64 Jan 23, 2012
sorry for the messed up posting..!!
pop

East Northport, NY

#65 Jan 23, 2012
the way they have done things and treated people is ridiculous. all store level cuts but the districts and corporate posistions are where the cuts need to come from. and anyone who wonders why they are so anti-union heres another example
shermy

Houston, TX

#66 Jan 23, 2012
Been There wrote:
<quoted text>I think "looking for a lawyer" makes sense in that it is best to know what your options are. Some folks here have answered that unemployment comp is an option. I need to to know for sure, how much, is partial an option, etc.. Why go into a meeting/interview without knowing what your position is? Many of us have bills to pay and a major pay cut could send some people over the edge.
I would check with an unemployment office in your area but not until some definitive things have come out of corporate about the restructuring. The internet does provide a great resource. Just google the name of your state and then unemployment claim. Being that I've been this route before, if you are given a severance package instead of taking the lower paid position you are intitled to unemployment when the severance runs out ( I was even told I could have done this while I was receiving severance but I'm not too sure on that). I'm now investigating the possibility of taking the lower paid position if I'm forced to to keep my employment with Walgreens and to claim partial unemployment benefits to help make up the difference. http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/efte/ui_law_e...
MGT

Louisville, KY

#67 Jan 23, 2012
In my state you can't receive unemployment while receiving a metered severance. However, if the severance is a lump sum then you can immediately file for unemployment.

In the past, when corporate jobs have been terminated, Wag has given a lump sum and did not challenge the unemployment claims of those laid off.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#68 Jan 23, 2012
According to the "Salary Continuation Plan" booklet distributed last year outlining this benefit, severance is not paid to hourly employees unless they have been with the company for at least 5 years (and also have an average of 30 hours/wk or more). If you meet these criteria, the benefit is one week of pay for every 2 years of service, up to 8 weeks. Terms are more generous for salaried employees. If they lay us off or reduce our pay more than 5% we are eligible for the severance. However, if they cut our hours (instead of pay rate), we are not eligible for severance. At least that's how I read the legalese. Unemployment is another matter altogether, which of course is not addressed.

All of this may be moot, I just thought I'd share. Even if they did some kind of new "rewire," they could offer more generous severance than what the booklet says if they wanted or needed to. Most people wouldn't get much. Me, I'd get nothing (I don't hit 5 years until the fall).

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#69 Jan 23, 2012
Correction: I could be wrong about the 5-year requirement for hourly employees. The booklet shows an example that seems to contradict this. It's actually a bit confusing (if you have the booklet, check out pages 4 and 5).
shermy

Houston, TX

#70 Jan 23, 2012
Rumin8 wrote:
Correction: I could be wrong about the 5-year requirement for hourly employees. The booklet shows an example that seems to contradict this. It's actually a bit confusing (if you have the booklet, check out pages 4 and 5).
Forget the booklet. This is from the employee site - severance plan. You'll have to do your normal sign ons but it will take you directly there.
https://webapp.walgreens.com/BC/CM/Ben_Polici...
A manager

Estero, FL

#71 Jan 23, 2012
We will all find out when they return from the meeting in Dallas next week. Company has done a great job keeping this thing a secret.
Mickey

Detroit, MI

#72 Jan 23, 2012
How soon will they tell us after they find out or will they sit on it a while before making the announcement? I can only imagine how they are going to announce it to all of us. Will they call us to district office or make the sm do their dirty business? Will anyway just walk out and quit on the spot? Hmmmm. Only time will tell.
shermy

Houston, TX

#73 Jan 23, 2012
Mickey wrote:
How soon will they tell us after they find out or will they sit on it a while before making the announcement? I can only imagine how they are going to announce it to all of us. Will they call us to district office or make the sm do their dirty business? Will anyway just walk out and quit on the spot? Hmmmm. Only time will tell.
From the Jan 5 Q&A "All store managers will learn specific details of any changes in early March." Actually, from what I see, most of these meetings where SMs will learn the new structure will occur in late Feb. After that I doubt very seriously if they will be able to keep a lid on the info, if in fact, they are suppose to. My hunch is that the SM will tell us. If you walk out and quit they win. Make them at least suffer somewhat with the unemployment benefits paid to you. You could also use the $:). "Don't cut off your own nose".
bubba

Oceanside, CA

#74 Jan 23, 2012
I was told by my DM as long as the MGT has a good eval and is a good MGT they have nothing to worry about. They are not getting rid of you. From here on out we just will not hire for MGT positions. As the Company grows little by little they will balance MGTS in stores. EXA will be in CL stores.
This is in CA..we are lawsuit happy maybe it is different in other States
Stopthemadness

Winter Park, FL

#76 Jan 23, 2012
The edison project is a three year plan to change our stores again and change from the current high priced field management structure that was put in place for all the high growth that is now over because of the economy etc... the fact that this is all happening at the same time as the esi problem is just a coincidence. The plan for project edison was put in place over 2 years ago. Members of management are not all being fired or let go, the change to lower priced key holders is to happen through attrition not by just letting them all go, it will take care of itself over time. Market meetings are happening in all areas in the middle of feb to line all of this out to the store managers, they are calling it the "edison project roadshow". It is all hoing to be ok, just take a breath, keep working hard and everything will be fine. No one likes change in the beginning but over time you will see that it all will work itself out.
Mickey

Detroit, MI

#77 Jan 23, 2012
I was not planning on "cutting off my own nose" I was going to let them tell me we are changing your position to x and you have to reapply for position y and your pay will be different, I would then say no thank you if they pay was less. I would then be eligible for unemployment bc my position was eliminated. I believe a better opportunity would be out there for me to take. I'm tired of choosing wags over my personal life and sacrificing my health in the process.
sm-florida

Orlando, FL

#78 Jan 24, 2012
I like your possitive outlook but Im willing to bet you are a manager of a 24 hour store that gets to do a mid shift on your closing night, when we go to the new set up store managers will be forced to close 2 nights per week, however managers of 24 hour stores do whatever they want..
Mickey wrote:
I was not planning on "cutting off my own nose" I was going to let them tell me we are changing your position to x and you have to reapply for position y and your pay will be different, I would then say no thank you if they pay was less. I would then be eligible for unemployment bc my position was eliminated. I believe a better opportunity would be out there for me to take. I'm tired of choosing wags over my personal life and sacrificing my health in the process.
gnn

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#79 Jan 24, 2012
sm-florida wrote:
I like your possitive outlook but Im willing to bet you are a manager of a 24 hour store that gets to do a mid shift on your closing night, when we go to the new set up store managers will be forced to close 2 nights per week, however managers of 24 hour stores do whatever they want..
<quoted text>
I can not see store managers closing two nights a week when they do not do their one night a week.
Mickey

Detroit, MI

#80 Jan 24, 2012
sm-florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I was in a 24 hour store but now I am a floater mgt. I'm thinking also that me being in this position for wags is especially shaky and very insecure. I feel like I will be one the first people eliminated. Since I work one day a week at a different store, who's going to go to bat for me? I mean I only work for each one day and one day is not enough time to judge what kind of manager I am. Just my thoughts on it.
sm florida

Orlando, FL

#81 Jan 25, 2012
Stopthemadness wrote:
The edison project is a three year plan to change our stores again and change from the current high priced field management structure that was put in place for all the high growth that is now over because of the economy etc... the fact that this is all happening at the same time as the esi problem is just a coincidence. The plan for project edison was put in place over 2 years ago. Members of management are not all being fired or let go, the change to lower priced key holders is to happen through attrition not by just letting them all go, it will take care of itself over time. Market meetings are happening in all areas in the middle of feb to line all of this out to the store managers, they are calling it the "edison project roadshow". It is all hoing to be ok, just take a breath, keep working hard and everything will be fine. No one likes change in the beginning but over time you will see that it all will work itself out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SBA going away... 23 min Lol 65
Women ONLY manager meeting in North Carolina 1 hr IT DAY WAG NIGHT 10
New Rx work flow 4 hr slowdownlol 17
most 9's in a month?/new SFL looking for some p... 4 hr idk 27
Get out if you can, FAST!!!!!!! 5 hr anybody 28
Write ups over donations? 6 hr Peeon 5
Designated hitters for pharmacy (Jun '14) 10 hr IT DAY WAG NIGHT 20
Customer Plan 12 hr LogicZer0 10
Asm position going away Fri WAG2003 34
More from around the web