edison project

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#286 Feb 8, 2012
Not going to be as bad as everyone thinking. Gonna me a Max of 20 hours cut per store which will affect newest employees. As far as MGT/EXA cuts...most will be through attrition so basically if you are a good employee you will be fine.
Someone somewhere

Oakland, CA

#287 Feb 8, 2012
caressss wrote:
eliminate districts, there is no need for 6 districts in a small state.
each district costs
salaries prob 400k a year
bonsues 100k
cars and expenses 100k
these people do shit all day anyway
Then who will u call with all ur stupid questions.Cuts where already made at dist level.
Pissed

Fort Worth, TX

#288 Feb 9, 2012
wagsmgr wrote:
Not going to be as bad as everyone thinking. Gonna me a Max of 20 hours cut per store which will affect newest employees. As far as MGT/EXA cuts...most will be through attrition so basically if you are a good employee you will be fine.
If you are in the least bit worried, get a copy from employee records of your personell file. Takes them 4-6 weeks. A former coworker of mine did this, she had 7 writeups she never saw or signed , just put there. As it turned out, she quit. But i know that is commin practice and against both policy and most stAte laws
FiredInFla

Leesburg, FL

#289 Feb 9, 2012
wagsmgr wrote:
Well whatcha think is going to happen in districts that attrition is not an option?
NMEXA

Albuquerque, NM

#290 Feb 9, 2012
We had our district's store manager conference call monday. The call was mostly addressing strategy fro ESI. From what my SM told me there was nothing mentioned about the edison project, only that new Pharmacy budgets would be rolling out (mostly affecting part time techs in the pharmacy). The company wants to try to cut around 10 hrs per store out of the pharmacy. we are getting new budgets next week for pharmacy.

Also the SM bonus structure is changing and we are going to be put on a 6month, 8month then 12 month bonus structure. My SM assumed since bonuses rolled out in Sept 2011 as usual we should get a 6 month bonus in feb 2012 prorated on the new bonus scale, then one 8 months later (around sept 12) then finally back on a 12 month rotation again. We are supposed to get a detailed bonus structure soon.

But the downside is the new bonus structure is tied to performance in the pharmacy.. so they cut hours but if you want to get paid you have to keep performing.

The understanding is that part time techs would either step into a self service position with lower pay rate or quit. Or move techs to stores that need the help and still have the budget.. Lets see how that goes.
Billysh

United States

#291 Feb 9, 2012
"The understanding is that part time techs would either step into a self service position with lower pay rate or quit. Or move techs to stores that need the help and still have the budget."
Part-time techs going into lower paying self-service positions was a reason (but maybe not the only one) for the hiring freeze. This type of hiring freeze was done in my region several years ago for this very reason.
Billysh

United States

#292 Feb 9, 2012
Billysh wrote:
"The understanding is that part time techs would either step into a self service position with lower pay rate or quit. Or move techs to stores that need the help and still have the budget."
Part-time techs going into lower paying self-service positions was a reason (but maybe not the only one) for the hiring freeze. This type of hiring freeze was done in my region several years ago for this very reason.
oh yes, and if a tech position opened up they would at least maybe have someone that could fill the spot immediately

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#293 Feb 9, 2012
wagsmgr wrote:
This is somewhat correct.SS will lose a max of 20 hours per store but pharmacy has no such restrictions.
nmexa2

Albuquerque, NM

#294 Feb 9, 2012
NMEXA wrote:
We had our district's store manager conference call monday. The call was mostly addressing strategy fro ESI. From what my SM told me there was nothing mentioned about the edison project, only that new Pharmacy budgets would be rolling out (mostly affecting part time techs in the pharmacy). The company wants to try to cut around 10 hrs per store out of the pharmacy. we are getting new budgets next week for pharmacy.
Also the SM bonus structure is changing and we are going to be put on a 6month, 8month then 12 month bonus structure. My SM assumed since bonuses rolled out in Sept 2011 as usual we should get a 6 month bonus in feb 2012 prorated on the new bonus scale, then one 8 months later (around sept 12) then finally back on a 12 month rotation again. We are supposed to get a detailed bonus structure soon.
But the downside is the new bonus structure is tied to performance in the pharmacy.. so they cut hours but if you want to get paid you have to keep performing.
The understanding is that part time techs would either step into a self service position with lower pay rate or quit. Or move techs to stores that need the help and still have the budget.. Lets see how that goes.
Well you must be in Druyors district because Edison was talked about in Limke's...if you're in Limke's...I was actually listening while counting safe and getting banks ready. I did hear exa's will have to reapply.
waggy

Canyon Country, CA

#295 Feb 9, 2012
The bottom line is People are going to lose jobs. Sad
Mickey

Powhatan, LA

#296 Feb 9, 2012
I hope I'm one of the ones that gets laid off so I can better myself.
Agree

United States

#297 Feb 9, 2012
I want to get laid off, too......I hope they offer a buyout deal.......

Location hidden

#298 Feb 9, 2012
Agree wrote:
Agree... If I can get severance and unemployment I will concede defeat. I will try to start a new career at mid life. Reality is that the top brass have already taken away all that we Cherished in this once great company. The only things we have left is life sustainable pay and a salutation to go by, and "THEY" are about to take that away too. Walgreen's will become "Small BoxMart" I almost kills me to say this after years of bleeding for this company, but I would rather be cut loose than be part of that.
Wag Sucks

United States

#299 Feb 10, 2012
I think the Executives are playing games with employees. The fact that there's been no major announcements as to what is really going to happen (wait for some stupid road show?!), keeping things quiet for weeks, letting rumors fly around....I think they want us to be frustrated and find other jobs. This would let them off the hook until they are ready to implement their plan and cut hours and jobs. Further proof this company sucks.
Whatever

Fort Worth, TX

#300 Feb 10, 2012
Agree wrote:
Do you really think they will pay buyouts or severance? They will terminate for dumb reasons-guarantee. Lp has a quota to fire
caressss

East Northport, NY

#301 Feb 10, 2012
if theres proof they have aquota that would be awesome to see. it would demolish their pathetic jobs
anonymous

United States

#302 Feb 10, 2012
Why wait to be laid off? Just to get some shitty handout for nothing. Grow some balls and do something about it. "Better myself" yea right, if u wanted to better yourself u wouldnt be waiting to be laid off for underperforming.

Spring Hill, TN

#303 Feb 10, 2012
This is a response from an email that I wrote to Greg......

Hi Brad,

Greg forwarded me your email and asked me to respond. I appreciate your
concerns about our operations transformation (Project Edison). I know
your concerns are heartfelt. First, let me say thank you for the hard work
that you and your team members have contributed recently and over the
years. We do indeed have the best people. Walgreens employees
differentiate us from our competitors and we do recognize that.

To continue to differentiate our company and respond to the way retail and
healthcare are changing around us, we have to continue to make progress.
The changes we’re making in operations are designed to help our team
members enhance our customers’ experiences and deliver on our Well
Experience model. That means taking a close look at how we serve the
customer today, and where we can improve that experience.

As you know, for many years, we have focused on the convenience of our
locations on the best corners in America. Now we are building on that
foundation, investing in the products and services we offer our customers
and the relationship we have with them. That means taking a look at
roles, responsibilities, opportunities for development and a host of other
things that help us do that. We are all responsible for creating a new
kind of experience for our customers, and that requires well thought out,
and deliberate change.

In the past several years, we have come through a lot of change – perhaps
more in the past five years than we have in the history of our company.
But even with those changes, we are still guided by values that are rooted
in our long history. We will make decisions that are good for the success
and security of the company. While that sometimes means we will have to
make tough choices that impact some of our people – and that is never easy
– our goal is always the long-term stability, health and success of the
company for our employees, customers and shareholders.

I appreciate the feedback and encourage you to continue to share your
thoughts with me and your field leaders.

Mark

Mark Wagner
President
Community Management
Walgreens

Date: January 29, 2012 9:21:46 PM CST
To: "[email protected] .com" <[email protected] om>
Subject: Edison Project
Reply-To:#14$$$#@

Not sure if you will receive this email, but even if you do you probably
won't respond. I'm very concerned about the well being of our employees
company wide. I heard stories of the "good ole days" when the company
would have cookouts and different activities. We were like a family. I
understand that you have to separate personal from business, but I just
hope that you all remember who takes care of our customers and how much
that is worth. If it has been decided to get rid of mgt's and replace
them with stl's, than I think it's going to crash. I can't count the
times that I felt like leaving, but reminded myself of my hourly pay.
Taking myself and others down to $12.00 an hour will cause high turnover
because that is not enough to put up with the stress and crap that
customers give us. With all that being said..... I hope that you and your
family enjoy the extra $4,000,000 raise that you received this year. Your
raise alone would be enough for my family to retire and live a happily
until we die.

Like I said before, I understand that you have to separate business from
personal. Just remember that Walgreens is not like CVS. We are a family
and we stand out among everyone else because we have the best people. I'm
not just saying that because I'm one of the family members......(:

Hope this letter gets to you.

Your long distant family member,

Brad
Wags

United States

#304 Feb 10, 2012
Nice email, but of course you got a ''form letter'' type response. To be really honest, great that you sent it, but it won't register with Executives because they do not care about us.
Billysh

United States

#305 Feb 10, 2012
Thanks for the posting Brad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rite aid buyout 9 min WAG 11
Our beloved Pessina, awarded with International... 40 min waglead 2
Telxon on PC (Jan '15) 1 hr Been-There 7
Overnight Pharmacist? Welcome to $6000 haircut ... 2 hr moatnight 112
8 hour shifts cut to 6 2 hr Optimistic 10
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 2 hr Ambientdonkey 2,299
Manager hours 3 hr Be Happy 2
More cuts 7 hr Rick james 33
walgreen manager gone 10 hr whocares 7
More from around the web