First Prev
of 21
Next Last
exaexa

Dallas, TX

#1 Jan 18, 2012
So when is everyone having there showcase of this project? An email dropped yesterday stating our market will have ours 2/28/12 all str mgr must attend.
Tozai

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Jan 18, 2012
Divisionals spent most of last week in corp learning the details...my guess is market meetings are taking place throughout the company this week to share info with District Leadership....late next week every dm will be inTexas to hear tthe final word on roll out chain wide. my best guess in sometime in Feb for most of us.
Graf

United States

#3 Jan 18, 2012
No matter what it involves,you can be sure the DMs and CLs will fall into line cheering for it."Run the stores with even less payroll and still meet red zone and sales goals? Yes,that's a great idea,we love it." Of course none of them even know how hard it is to run a store with the current setup 2 MGTs and an STL.
Mgt

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jan 18, 2012
Same thing in our market, 2/16/12 for us. Anyone who knows anything please share. Already have 1SM, 1MGT, and 2 STL's. Other stores in our district are following with extra STL
exaexa

Dallas, TX

#5 Jan 18, 2012
Well whenever anyone finds out please post on here. No speculations please once your districts gets the info please share we will all appreciate it thanks.
MGT

Louisville, KY

#6 Jan 18, 2012
We should see details start leaking out in the next two weeks as DM's learn more about the project.
Exa

Buffalo, NY

#7 Jan 18, 2012
OUr store manager got an email today. All managers in buffalo, Rochester and Albany area meeting in feb with MVP to role out details...
wag

Pensacola, FL

#8 Jan 18, 2012
Mgt wrote:
Same thing in our market, 2/16/12 for us. Anyone who knows anything please share. Already have 1SM, 1MGT, and 2 STL's. Other stores in our district are following with extra STL
Do you not have an EXA? What is happening with EXA's that are at stores in your area that are following suit with an extra STL's?
Geraldo

Houston, TX

#9 Jan 18, 2012
wag wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not have an EXA? What is happening with EXA's that are at stores in your area that are following suit with an extra STL's?
Some districts are actually "short" in EXAs. A 1 SM / 1 MGT / 2 STL store is usually a low volume store. My district has 2 of these stores. This is another example of "1 size does not fit all". Commenter MGTSF can give you the other extreme :)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 18, 2012
wag wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a few stores that make less than 7,000 s/s daily have been in the 2 MGT model for a little over a couple years now. About the time MGT overtime was eliminated some districts took their ADSM training down to once every other year. This allowed the number of EXAs to decrease over time. Of course, this is also an area that moved into the STL model a long time ago.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 18, 2012
After a bad experience with their last EXA, our SM had to prove that his/her store could do well without one, so 1 SM, 2 MGT and 1 STL.
To my knowledge the rest of the stores in our district still have one.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 18, 2012
NiceThingsKitty wrote:
After a bad experience with their last EXA, our SM had to prove that his/her store could do well without one, so 1 SM, 2 MGT and 1 STL.
To my knowledge the rest of the stores in our district still have one.
That's the setup we have. Seems to work pretty well for us.
Happy Harry

Dyer, IN

#13 Jan 18, 2012
Edison Project = New light bulb relighting program. bulbs do not use any electricity. 8000 stores will
be reinvented with this new light bulb technology.

Saving a total of about 5 billion dollars and making
up the difference in losing ESI. And in turn no layoffs in field management. Only problem this new light bulb technology will not be introduced till march 2012.
john

Buffalo, NY

#14 Jan 18, 2012
i have a feeling project edison is going to be the conversion of our stores into those new health and daily living stores that we keep hearing about. kind of how CCR conversions took place over 3 years. Although i feel like its almost impossible to convert most of our stores into what they are showing.
Happy Harry

Dyer, IN

#15 Jan 18, 2012
Thank You and Be WELL "informed"
MGT

Louisville, KY

#16 Jan 18, 2012
The health and daily living setup will be rolled out nationwide but it's unlikely every store will be converted to that format 100%. You aren't going to see the expanded food section in stores with a Kroger across the street.

One thing you will see change is the pharmacist's role in the store. Having the pharmacist out front in an area easily approachable by customers will be a big part of this renovation.

The retail pharmacy industry is lobbying for pharmacists to legally be labeled as health care providers. This will enable Wag and other retailers the ability to bill insurance for things we currently do for free.

Project Edison is NOT about laying people off. This is simply the plan for the future of Wag. Hopefully we'll learn more about the management restructuring but this meeting isn't going to be all doom and gloom.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#17 Jan 19, 2012
exaexa wrote:
So when is everyone having there showcase of this project? An email dropped yesterday stating our market will have ours 2/28/12 all str mgr must attend.
SunEdison did a beta with Walgreens to provide rooftop solar power to a store. The "Edison Project" may simply mean more stores will be converted to solar
dubbz

Canton, OH

#18 Jan 19, 2012
You will have about 3 years to to see the full effect of project Edison. This new "rewire " will take some time. Don't panic just yet.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#19 Jan 19, 2012
The edison project is the conversion of the mgt position to the new team lead position. This program has been going for a few months now in the phoenix area and corprate has been very pleased with the results so far. Eliminates the higher wage mgt position for a low wage team lead position. This is not speculating this is what's going on and people are freely talking about here in the valley. Do what u may with this info I.e. get your resume ready if u can't aford to live on 10 bucks an hour. Also includes some pharmacy stuff but I'm not sure what's going on there.
Store MGR

Denver, CO

#20 Jan 19, 2012
PhxMgt wrote:
The edison project is the conversion of the mgt position to the new team lead position. This program has been going for a few months now in the phoenix area and corprate has been very pleased with the results so far. Eliminates the higher wage mgt position for a low wage team lead position. This is not speculating this is what's going on and people are freely talking about here in the valley. Do what u may with this info I.e. get your resume ready if u can't aford to live on 10 bucks an hour. Also includes some pharmacy stuff but I'm not sure what's going on there.
So what is the new management structure going to be? 2 team leads, a salaried co manager (like EXA), and the Store Manager?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Delight Surveys 14 min JTruant 18
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 24 min PanteraBabe90 1,282
Staff RPH bonus 2014? 44 min wag 8
So I put in my 2 weeks notice 7 hr wagbegone 15
asmt positions opening. 8 hr Maybe 5
Management having affiars with employees 9 hr commonsenseman 15
Ex-CFO sues Wag for defamation 13 hr savage 60
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... (Mar '14) Fri XRX 281

Walgreens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE