shift lead crap
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
exa

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jan 23, 2013
Just found out that all the hype about "best of the best" means
sh!t. All stls and SIMC are transitioning into shift leads... So any of you that have been working your azz off in hopes of becoming a SFL, will have to wait until your stl -> sfl leaves.. Talk about Bullshit. This company is crap.

Months and months of talking about what is needed to gain the position and last minute they decide to pull the plug and make the stl the automatic sfl. fucking joke! My stl received a 2.5 on her last eval but she is apparently the "best of the best"....
mrs tomic

Leslie, AR

#2 Jan 23, 2013
exa wrote:
Just found out that all the hype about "best of the best" means
sh!t. All stls and SIMC are transitioning into shift leads... So any of you that have been working your azz off in hopes of becoming a SFL, will have to wait until your stl -> sfl leaves.. Talk about Bullshit. This company is crap.
Months and months of talking about what is needed to gain the position and last minute they decide to pull the plug and make the stl the automatic sfl. fucking joke! My stl received a 2.5 on her last eval but she is apparently the "best of the best"....

hahaha...you actually thought wags would carry through with that plan?????..hahahaha..bout time ya pull yer diapers up and learn a lesson in life junior!!!!!!!!!
WagMGR

United States

#3 Jan 23, 2013
exa wrote:
Just found out that all the hype about "best of the best" means
sh!t. All stls and SIMC are transitioning into shift leads... So any of you that have been working your azz off in hopes of becoming a SFL, will have to wait until your stl -> sfl leaves.. Talk about Bullshit. This company is crap.
Months and months of talking about what is needed to gain the position and last minute they decide to pull the plug and make the stl the automatic sfl. fucking joke! My stl received a 2.5 on her last eval but she is apparently the "best of the best"....
If your STL got a 2.5 on their eval, and they didn't improve or get fired, then your store manager failed at their job.
exa

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Junior?
listen slut, you best reconsider who the fuck you think you are talking to....

WagMGR- her eval was under an MGR that is no longer at this store...and she has improved somewhat with this new MGR but thepoint is that this chickenshit company talks one thing for months on end and in turn tells us that starting March 1, all stls automatically transfer over into sfl. it is a chickenshit call and everybody knows it

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#5 Jan 23, 2013
Those busting their ass for SFL are fine. It's the MGTs thinking they have a safe spot if they miss ASM-T that need to worry.

The STLs are getting free passes into one SFL spot...and at least in our area, they're already hiring outside people and giving them the SFL title while interviewing qualified internal candidates. There won't be SFL openings for MGTs to step down to at the rate our area is moving.

The more I see, the more I believe that Walgreens plans for for MGTs is step up or step out.
yep

Lockhart, TX

#6 Jan 23, 2013
exa wrote:
Junior?
listen slut, you best reconsider who the fuck you think you are talking to....

WagMGR- her eval was under an MGR that is no longer at this store...and she has improved somewhat with this new MGR but thepoint is that this chickenshit company talks one thing for months on end and in turn tells us that starting March 1, all stls automatically transfer over into sfl. it is a chickenshit call and everybody knows it
It's the same position just a different title. Why shouldn't they switch over?
yep

Lockhart, TX

#7 Jan 23, 2013
exa wrote:
Junior?
listen slut, you best reconsider who the fuck you think you are talking to....

WagMGR- her eval was under an MGR that is no longer at this store...and she has improved somewhat with this new MGR but thepoint is that this chickenshit company talks one thing for months on end and in turn tells us that starting March 1, all stls automatically transfer over into sfl. it is a chickenshit call and everybody knows it
And if you're an exa why is this upsetting you so much?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#8 Jan 23, 2013
That being said, I don't agree with all STLs getting that free pass. There's alot of current STLs who are only in their position because of the SIMC conversion to STL. But they're not a good fit for leadership roles. Now we'll continue dumping more on their plates. Not wise IMO
Wagger

Auburn, WA

#9 Jan 24, 2013
This SFL nonsense is the biggest bunch of bull. Good luck getting college grads to work for that laughable wage.
astockguy

Harrison, NJ

#10 Jan 24, 2013
Can some one give me the abbreviation meaning as it relates to the mgt hierarchy and corresponding payscale of each position.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 24, 2013
Wagger wrote:
This SFL nonsense is the biggest bunch of bull. Good luck getting college grads to work for that laughable wage.
I've already seen a couple people who seem very overqualified get hired in as SFLs in our area. I have a feeling they're being "promised" things such as ASM-T. Look at the FAQ now and it doesn't say you need to be an SFL for a full year, just says you need a review on file. So get hired now as SFL, get through training, be SFL for a 2-3 months, then get your review and be eligible to apply for ASM-T. But the outside hires maybe in for a surprise later when they realize those verbal "promises" don't mean much

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 24, 2013
The only thing college grads are using the SFL position for is a stepping stone for something else. This position will have a lot of turn over. If WAGS hired a bunch of under performers as their asst. managers before while paying 15-19 dollars an hour, how do they expect to get the best of the best while paying 10.5-11.5 an hour with more demands?...
horrible employee

Waterloo, IL

#13 Jan 24, 2013
exa wrote:
Junior?
listen slut, you best reconsider who the fuck you think you are talking to....
WagMGR- her eval was under an MGR that is no longer at this store...and she has improved somewhat with this new MGR but thepoint is that this chickenshit company talks one thing for months on end and in turn tells us that starting March 1, all stls automatically transfer over into sfl. it is a chickenshit call and everybody knows it
ok, pull your DEPENDS up.....errr,ahhhh,baby bot
wagsfl

Portland, OR

#14 Jan 26, 2013
RetaiLifer wrote:
The more I see, the more I believe that Walgreens plans for the MGTs is step up or step out.
This is a very true statement. Company wide there was a lot of dead weight at the MGT position. The new system is designed to solve that problem and save the company money.

Plus if your looking at this from the companies point of view why would you want them? they are just going to be disgruntled employees because they are making five dollars less than what they were a year or two ago. A new hire into the SFL position will work twice as hard as a demoralized and demoted MGT would.
wnyexa

Buffalo, NY

#15 Jan 26, 2013
I have no qualms about the step up or step out philosophy because it follows the "best of the best" verbage they have been talking about... However, that entire theory means nothing when they automatically shift the stl into sfl position... They are calling it a lateral move when in fact it is not even close. sfls are in effect, assistant managers without pay or proper title.
wagsfl

Portland, OR

#16 Jan 26, 2013
yesthisisfine wrote:
The only thing college grads are using the SFL position for is a stepping stone for something else. This position will have a lot of turn over. If WAGS hired a bunch of under performers as their asst. managers before while paying 15-19 dollars an hour, how do they expect to get the best of the best while paying 10.5-11.5 an hour with more demands?...
The short answer is they don't expect it and they don't care. It takes years to develop a strong employee for a management position. Regardless of what the hacks are calling it at corporate the SFL position is a management position. Managing employees is what I do every day.

It makes zero sense to give somebody the keys and say to them, "alright, so you are in charge while i'm gone... but you have no real authority over these employees so call me if somebody misbehaves so I can verbally spank them. Also I need everything on this list done yesterday." It just does not work that way, I have never once called the store manager with an issue. I handle that shit. In order for any real work to get done you have to "manage" your employees regardless of title or position.

It'll take a few years for the damage of promoting unqualified people into management positions to fully hit all of the stores and when it does Things will change. Knowing Wag I wouldn't be surprised if in 4-5 years they'll introduce a new higher paid and higher responsibly SFL Position. Senior SFL or something along those lines. They will be the new MGT's.

If there is one thing that I know about this company that I work for it is that when ever they take a big step forward they always take two steps back. Take a look at the "new" uniforms for example.
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#17 Jan 26, 2013
My prediction is in 5 to 10 years you will have a ASM-T in every store except really slow ones.
wagsfl

Portland, OR

#18 Jan 26, 2013
thespaz wrote:
My prediction is in 5 to 10 years you will have a ASM-T in every store except really slow ones.
I thought about that too but they would have to change the language of the ASM-T position in order for that to happen. From what I understand the ASM-T position will be very similar to the ADSM EXA training from the past but with a two year time line for completion.

In order to put an ASM-T in every store they would have to scrap the timeline all together and keep a constant pool of disgruntled ASM-T's waiting to be promoted since we are not opening new stores right now. The more I think about it the more likely that sounds. They have been doing that forever With MGT's waiting to be promoted to EXA.

But then again the company has made it clear that they don't want any more career MGT's so if they drop the timeline what happens then? We are right back were we started. It's from that train of thought that having a senior SFL might make more sense.
wagsfl

Portland, OR

#19 Jan 26, 2013
wnyexa wrote:
I have no qualms about the step up or step out philosophy because it follows the "best of the best" verbage they have been talking about... However, that entire theory means nothing when they automatically shift the stl into sfl position... They are calling it a lateral move when in fact it is not even close. sfls are in effect, assistant managers without pay or proper title.
It sounds to me that your STL sucks and is not deserving the SFL position. I totally get that but it's more of a lateral move than you think if you break it down by job description alone. The main difference between the two is SFL closes more shifts than STL. Other than that it is effectively the same.
Anonymous1

United States

#20 Jan 26, 2013
Haha college graduates at 14.50 what a joke is this suppose to be 2001. Walgreens is a joke and a disgrace as a company out founder would be rolling over is his grave. I don't give Walgreens a single cent anymore. Go to HELL!!!'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Task 29 min EXasm 11
Gift card policy (Oct '15) 46 min Itsjustajob 10
Bonus 2017 1 hr Longbeach12 264
Losing Aetna in 2018 1 hr Lisa 3
Time off during holidays 1 hr rph4ever 33
ASM Elimination 2018 2 hr Mgr in Tx 59
Calling in Thanksgiving and Black Friday 4 hr rph4ever 24
blue cross versus united healthcare any suggest... (Sep '14) 23 hr Common_sense 36
More from around the web