How to best quit?
CNO

Radcliff, KY

#1 Jan 26, 2013
hello

7 year employee ... current exa ... have job offer elsewhere (accepted)... probably putting a 10 day notice in on tuesday ... how do I best quit without leaving money on the table (vaca, sick) etc? I know I'd only get current year vaca at 1/12th because it is early in the year... any other advice tips would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
ThrobbingWag

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Before you leave, make sure to delete all the repacks out of the AS/400.
WagEXA

Eugene, OR

#3 Jan 27, 2013
Leaving money on the table?

Any current-year vacation days you have coming will be paid out to you at the pro-rated rate, along with any banked days.

As far as sick time goes, if you are planning on calling out you may as well just not leave any notice at all. Don't be surprised if after the first call-out they tell you not to come back.
Diane

United States

#4 Jan 27, 2013
I just ran out crying, forgot my keys, ran back in crying, grabbed my keys and ran back out crying. Classy. (I didn't give notice. )
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#5 Jan 27, 2013
I gave a two week scheduled notice. Basically 1 week real time notice.
seeyawag

Huntington, NY

#6 Jan 27, 2013
I was an assistant and I gave 4 days and my EXA/DM/CL (store manager was out on disability) didn't even deserve that much. I had already used my current year vacation got paid in full for what ever I had banked and kissed my sick days good bye. There's really no way to leave without leaving something. I put in 12 years.
Anonymous1

United States

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Care about you. F them. Veterans employees are leaving bcuz they don't care about them. Leave and don't look back

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Jan 27, 2013
Hopefully you guys that are quitting were in profit sharing so I get a percentage of your forfeiture!
Daytona Mgt

Valdese, NC

#9 Jan 27, 2013
How best to quit? Give a decent notice. Be professional. Do your job until you walk out the door for the last time. Don't do anything to cause or leave problems.(Trust me, its not that satisfying) Make them miss you, not be glad you're gone. You're going to leave money, that's inevitable. Just go to your new opportunity and be happy. That is how to best quit.
chip

Platte City, MO

#10 Jan 28, 2013
How can you make sure you are paid out your vacation time? Do you go through human resources or just hope your manager doesn't screw you over
Mgr

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#11 Jan 28, 2013
Make sure you use your personal time before u tell them, that's never paid out
caliWAG

San Jose, CA

#12 Jan 28, 2013
My manager was cool enough to schedule me out for the rest of my vacations. So my "two weeks" was actually three weeks (1 week vacation + two working weeks)

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Best way to quit walk in and throw your keys at the sm and say hey I am gone bye no notice because walgreens does not deserve any.
wagsuxxx

Platte City, MO

#15 Jan 30, 2013
2 dope wrote:
Best way to quit walk in and throw your keys at the sm and say hey I am gone bye no notice because walgreens does not deserve any.
Commas? Periods? You'll never make team lead with your lack of education.

Location hidden

#16 Jan 30, 2013
wagsuxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Commas? Periods? You'll never make team lead with your lack of education.
Hey moron, I am well above team lead ,Sorry I never cared much for grammar or punctuation. Enjoy your shit future at wags.
Nicer

Huntington Beach, CA

#17 Jan 30, 2013
Work something out with your store manager, let him know you have a new job, but you don't want to lose all your vac, sick, and special days. Tell him that you will work on weekends and use 3 days every week until you run out of days. Give your sm a iPad or something expensive. He will do it.
Kronos

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Jan 30, 2013
CNO wrote:
hello
7 year employee ... current exa ... have job offer elsewhere (accepted)... probably putting a 10 day notice in on tuesday ... how do I best quit without leaving money on the table (vaca, sick) etc? I know I'd only get current year vaca at 1/12th because it is early in the year... any other advice tips would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
If you have any banked vacation you should be able to get that. I don't believe you can cash in on your sick days, unfortunately. I don't know about your annual personal day either, although probably not.

Location hidden

#20 Feb 8, 2013
Kronos wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have any banked vacation you should be able to get that. I don't believe you can cash in on your sick days, unfortunately. I don't know about your annual personal day either, although probably not.
HAHA I am "cashing in on all of mine" Yeah all you have to do is call out you earned it. I love the response I get where are we supposed to get someone to fill in ? My response I dont know I am sick sorry bye.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#21 Feb 8, 2013
Youre 2 dope man. Youre like a free spirit that don't take shiznit from anybody. I can almost picture you on a motorcycle next to Fonda and Hopper!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's Back! 3 min Californiaasm 5
Designated hitters for pharmacy (Jun '14) 4 hr Lol 22
Asm position going away 6 hr more bleaker 38
pharm tech schedules 10 hr Its amazing 13
let's unite--do not punch in ebt card numbers--... (Oct '12) 12 hr Brilliantlydumb 135
DM promotion opportunity 13 hr Lol 2
Theranos - the movie. Jennifer Lawrence as the ... 17 hr Lol 2
Customer Plan Mon Brian 11
Get out if you can, FAST!!!!!!! Sun everything changes 29
SBA going away... Sun everything changes 70
More from around the web