Use your vacation/sick days before yo...
SouthernWalg

Temecula, CA

#21 Apr 30, 2012
Got a couple of questions if someone could answer for me. I already took two weeks of Vacation days recently. If I quit lets for example next month and do my two weeks notice. The company can't make me pay back the vacations days i took right?
Second questions, If my two week notice happen to be my vacations day I requested..would they still pay me out for all my vacation or are they going to say I already use most of it(from above statement)?
WaGEXA

Eugene, OR

#22 Apr 30, 2012
Your question is a bit convoluted, but I'll try.

1) No, the company will not make you pay back any vacation days used.

2) At the time your employment with Walgreens is terminated, you will be paid out a prorated portion of your vacation days for the year, minus any days already taken (+ any banked days). A couple examples are listed below.

Example A: Employee leaves Walgreens on May 1st, with 15 vacation days allotted for the year and none used. Employee would be entitled to a payout of 5 days worth of vacation (15x.33).

Example B: Employee leaves Walgreens on May 1st, with 15 vacation days allotted for the year and 5 days already used. Employee would receive no payout for vacation days (15x.33-5=0)
waggin

Belvidere, IL

#23 May 12, 2012
Thanks
walgreenslifer

United States

#24 Jun 19, 2012
I wish Walgreens would pay out sick days at termination...or in my case retirement. I have 36 days and lose 6 every year. It would be nice to know working while vomiting in the stockroom trash was rewarded.
yabba dabba do

United States

#25 Jun 20, 2012
walgreenslifer wrote:
I wish Walgreens would pay out sick days at termination...or in my case retirement. I have 36 days and lose 6 every year. It would be nice to know working while vomiting in the stockroom trash was rewarded.
Hey dumb ass..use them up each year..yeah I know you r not really sick..and no I don't want to hear from the kool aid drinkers club why doing that is not ethical..
FtheWag

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Oct 6, 2012
WaGEXA wrote:
Your question is a bit convoluted, but I'll try.
1) No, the company will not make you pay back any vacation days used.
2) At the time your employment with Walgreens is terminated, you will be paid out a prorated portion of your vacation days for the year, minus any days already taken (+ any banked days). A couple examples are listed below.
Example A: Employee leaves Walgreens on May 1st, with 15 vacation days allotted for the year and none used. Employee would be entitled to a payout of 5 days worth of vacation (15x.33).
Example B: Employee leaves Walgreens on May 1st, with 15 vacation days allotted for the year and 5 days already used. Employee would receive no payout for vacation days (15x.33-5=0)
What is this .33 based on?
I was promised by my store manager upon my resignation notice that I would be entitled to the 35 hours left of vacation pay from the 115 hours I had at the beginning of the year.
Instead I was paid out only for 7.5 hours.
I was given crumbs. Not very cool
Red

Santa Clara, CA

#27 Oct 6, 2012
FtheWag wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this .33 based on?
I was promised by my store manager upon my resignation notice that I would be entitled to the 35 hours left of vacation pay from the 115 hours I had at the beginning of the year.
Instead I was paid out only for 7.5 hours.
I was given crumbs. Not very cool
Depends when you left. The person in the example only work 4 month. The .33 came from 4 month divided by 12 month. By the way, you should have went on vacation and use up 115 hours and call in sick in between those days than quit.
nolongerWAG

Kansas City, MO

#28 Oct 6, 2012
Depends..when I quit my manager was cool enough me to schedule out my remaining vacation days. So on paper i was employed an "extra week" because my last week was actually all vacation days.

However if you're manager doesn't do that, your vacation hours are pro-rated for the year. That's what your SM probably did to you except they lied about to your face. Typical Walgreens move.
so long wag

Huntington, NY

#29 Oct 8, 2012
I called payroll to find out about my banked time. You get paid in full for banked time since its time already earned no matter if you give two weeks or not. Current Vacation will be paid out prorated but I believe u have to give 7 days notice.
braman

Tulsa, OK

#30 May 15, 2013
I am from another country and need to go home once a year to take care of parents affairs and see my family. Have to fly, take bus, then boat to get there.Family is very spread out and it takes three to four weeks to get done. I have 3weeks now and four in a few years. It is very expensive to go home.How can I take my vacation at one time?
Goofer

Yamhill, OR

#31 May 15, 2013
What is your position in the company? For an MGT/ASM/SM, you are probably out of luck. If you are a service clerk, your store may be able to accommodate, but only your Store Manager/ASM will be able to tell you whether it will be approved or not.

The one thing I would recommend is if the store manager says they will approve it to put in the request as soon as you can, as you never know if there will be a change in leadership between now and then.
Tippy

Toronto, Canada

#32 Jul 20, 2013
The question was WILL THE COMPANY MAKE YOU PAY BACK VACATION TIME USED IF YOU QUIT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE YEAR HAVING USED ALL YOUR VACATION TIME ALLOCATED FOR THE YEAR?

its not about vacation time not used.
waggygirl

Chicago, IL

#33 Jul 21, 2013
pimp wrote:
<quoted text>
ur info is correct. But come o. Ur name is wag4life. Seems a little gay. U must be one of those people who has been with the company right out of high school. I stuck with this company cus I was hired as an mgt. I saw all other mgt were no competition n knew I was a better candidate for SM position but now that there bonus was cut. Not sure if I'm sticking around. I'm turning my degree into something in the health industry, that's where he money is.
"Seems a little gay"? Really? And you're in management? Its sad that they hire immature people like you to run a store. I am glad you're not my assistant.
waglifer

Fort Worth, TX

#34 Dec 17, 2014
yabba dabba do wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumb ass..use them up each year..yeah I know you r not really sick..and no I don't want to hear from the kool aid drinkers club why doing that is not ethical..
Yup...left the company and lost 300+ sick hours. All you suckers not calling out sick...use your sick time. Walgreens won't give you a medal for your dedication. I didn't even get a cake. Love my new job. The grass is really greener!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#35 Dec 17, 2014
waglifer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup...left the company and lost 300+ sick hours. All you suckers not calling out sick...use your sick time. Walgreens won't give you a medal for your dedication. I didn't even get a cake. Love my new job. The grass is really greener!
Sick time doesn't work that way anymore.........PTO is taken out first.........and sick time only used if you have no PTO time..........
wags

Cleveland, OH

#36 Dec 18, 2014
Plain and simple here, a ton of bad information. Banked vacation and accrued PTO is paid 100% regardless of voluntary or involuntary separation. Sick time is lost unless you have exhausted your PTO time, a which point any call offs will decrease this balance. PTO was set up to punish people that call off on a regular basis (and to separate them) and reward individuals with a good work ethic that make it to work regardless of tough situations. Hope this helps and good luck to you!
BulliedAtWork

Hyattsville, MD

#37 Jan 16, 2015
When I started my job, I was told that I will have 15 days of PTO to use as I please, no time limit of employment. However, I was not told about how I would be bullied in the office, which has caused me to begin searching for another place of employment. I have been with this company for 5 months and 16 days. I have used up 13 of my PTO off days.

I have not landed new employment yet, but wanted to know if it is legal for them to make me pay back time?

This is a hypothetical question, because I have not left as of yet. But due plan on before my one year anniversary.
Anonymous

United States

#38 Jan 16, 2015
BulliedAtWork wrote:
When I started my job, I was told that I will have 15 days of PTO to use as I please, no time limit of employment. However, I was not told about how I would be bullied in the office, which has caused me to begin searching for another place of employment. I have been with this company for 5 months and 16 days. I have used up 13 of my PTO off days.
I have not landed new employment yet, but wanted to know if it is legal for them to make me pay back time?
This is a hypothetical question, because I have not left as of yet. But due plan on before my one year anniversary.
No PTO is accrued as you work, it is yours!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#39 Jan 16, 2015
BulliedAtWork wrote:

You don't start earning pto until 6 months so those 13 days you took with pto have you in the negative so you may end up owing... The company bc the paid you for days not worked which you weren't eligible to earn from
yep

United States

#40 Jan 16, 2015
Cisha9- wrote:
<quoted text>You don't start earning pto until 6 months so those 13 days you took with pto have you in the negative so you may end up owing... The company bc the paid you for days not worked which you weren't eligible to earn from
You earn pto from day. You can't use it until 6 months. You also can't use negative pto. If you request pto and don't have you then you just don't get paid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sept budgets 58 min ASM northeast 31
Salaried workers making less than $47,476 to be... 2 hr JMGT 79
big changes? 2 hr Sengalong 34
Asm position going away 6 hr new_sfl1234 158
ASM Pay? 6 hr new_sfl1234 22
asmt 6 hr sflies 1
Beauty selling hours gone!! 9 hr Lol 90
More from around the web