MGTs being demoted, but only temporar...
wagyess

Denver, CO

#42 Mar 15, 2012
comiskeybum wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME. If you consider all of the MGTs on 3rd shift and all the daytime MGTs and all the good STLs out there in your district, there are only so many SFL, and ASMT jobs to be had.
IF YOU DO NOT TAKE SFL WHEN IT IS OFFERED TO YOU, you stay at MGT until whenever your district manager says time is up. If your DM says time is up and you the MGT have not either been promoted to ASMT or taken a SFL spot (which have now been filled)
YOU ARE FIRED!!!!! There are more people than jobs!!!! Understand now???? THIS WAS CONFIRMED BY MY STORE MANAGER AND DISTRICT MANAGER.
The only way a MGT will be asked a SECOND time to become a SFL is that if by some miracle all of the SFL spots have not been filled when deadline hits.
let me make this clear to you....if there are no sfl spits left in your district (very unlikely ever) yoy will not be fired period. You may be a flouting sfl or even still an mgt and maybe at a lower rate but not terminated! Yoy are not paying attention! If you turn down the sfl spot them tees your only other CHOICE is to LEAVE BY CHOICE! But if there are no openings they are not going to say ” oh well to late goodbye”
wagyess

Denver, CO

#43 Mar 15, 2012
Sorry for all the typos. I'm just soooooo upset that people are really thinking that walgreens is just gonna be throwing away employees. Look it sucks that they have to pay us less I completely after with that. But they are trying to make this transition as easy and smooth as possible and so no one had to leave unless they want to.
Red

Carmichael, CA

#44 Mar 16, 2012
wagyess wrote:
Sorry for all the typos. I'm just soooooo upset that people are really thinking that walgreens is just gonna be throwing away employees. Look it sucks that they have to pay us less I completely after with that. But they are trying to make this transition as easy and smooth as possible and so no one had to leave unless they want to.
Walgreen don't care. They just want to see lots of mgt going on edd and dealing with lawsuits. Don't matter if a mgt will win a lawsuit or not but it'll cost a lot of money dealing with it. And also with edd that cause a lot of time and money as well, imagine if all mgt contest that mean Walgreens have to show up to try to deny the claim. Plus there end up paying more. That why they are doing what they are doing. Not because they care.
what a mess

Covington, GA

#45 Jan 31, 2013
i heard it will be 1 mgt, 1 asm, 3shift lead per 6 stores...
is this true?
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#46 Jan 31, 2013
No more MGTs.
msmgt8yrs

Garden City, MI

#47 Feb 1, 2013
2 SFL's per store
1 ASM per store
1 ASM-T in each of the C.L's store
1 ASM-T in each community that floats in the community

Maybe more than 2 SFL's in higher volume stores and 24hr stores?
Ddddddd

Tucker, GA

#48 Feb 1, 2013
Any new word one when?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#49 Feb 1, 2013
This will never work.......waaaaaaaay to much going on in stores between call-outs, people quitting like the Titanic is sinking and of course a whole lot of "your fired"......fail plan from the beginning..it is already causing mass chaos in many locations......
Diane

United States

#50 Feb 1, 2013
joeybutterfucco wrote:
This will never work.......waaaaaaaay to much going on in stores between call-outs, people quitting like the Titanic is sinking and of course a whole lot of "your fired"......fail plan from the beginning..it is already causing mass chaos in many locations......
I bet it's all great at disgovernments store.!!!

Location hidden

#51 Feb 2, 2013
Diane wrote:
<quoted text> I bet it's all great at disgovernments store.!!!
Lol, in his imagination land.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#52 Feb 2, 2013
Thanks for asking. Yes it IS going great lately.

Even at my last store, which was much much tougher, it was certainly still manageable.

Let's face it: Walgreens was fat on labor and crappy employees for a long long time. Now, they have put the screws to the entire process and they are slowly pressing the underperformers out of the company.

It's like Darwin...the strong will survive. And I have no worries about myself. I dont spend my life worried about what I can control- my job. I worry about what I can't control- a totalitarian government.

Location hidden

#53 Feb 2, 2013
disgovernment wrote:
Thanks for asking. Yes it IS going great lately.
Even at my last store, which was much much tougher, it was certainly still manageable.
Let's face it: Walgreens was fat on labor and crappy employees for a long long time. Now, they have put the screws to the entire process and they are slowly pressing the underperformers out of the company.
It's like Darwin...the strong will survive. And I have no worries about myself. I dont spend my life worried about what I can control- my job. I worry about what I can't control- a totalitarian government.
You should worry. You think too highly of yourself. So if you got an in with someone because your oral skills are very good, then i can see you doing fine. Problem is i do agree with the getting rid of the lazy good for nothing wastes that have seemed to plague the company.....however its the friggin DM's that need to go because they are the ones to begin with that promoted garbage to begin with.....so instead of using better hiring practices instead of making sure the ghetto fabulous get a job because the govt says we have to mix the demographic up....alot of easy fixes that could have been done and now the lower mgt has to suffer, and frankly it IS NOT the way to do this.

Location hidden

#54 Feb 2, 2013
Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, if your store is in a low-income neighborhood (like two previous stores I managed)- you don't really have any choice but to try and hire the best of the worst. It's not like middle class people came strolling thru my store's neighborhood looking for a job.

Ultimately, the problem is our country's wealth-redistribution principles which cause our company's biggest problems with entry level employees.

Location hidden

#55 Feb 3, 2013
disgovernment wrote:
Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, if your store is in a low-income neighborhood (like two previous stores I managed)- you don't really have any choice but to try and hire the best of the worst. It's not like middle class people came strolling thru my store's neighborhood looking for a job.
Ultimately, the problem is our country's wealth-redistribution principles which cause our company's biggest problems with entry level employees.
I agree with you the labor model for Walgreens was killing the company and they did hire a lot of under performers however the amount they pay the shift lead off the street and what they demand does not equal out and every company that pays minimum wage or 8 dollars an hour has issues with entry level people because you get what you pay for. But you are right, a cosmetician should not be making 20 dollars or more an hour nor should an asst. manager who is not moving up make 22 dollars an hour. But an SFL who does the same job (which is more difficult now than before) should also not be making 3.5 more than a cashier.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#56 Feb 3, 2013
wagyess wrote:
Well wake up they are doing just that, and we are leaving but the economy sucks bad in a lot of states.
what a mess

Covington, GA

#57 Feb 3, 2013
the folks at my job said it will be 1 asm 2 asmt per 6 store...
is that true
Daytona Mgt

United States

#58 Feb 3, 2013
what a mess wrote:
the folks at my job said it will be 1 asm 2 asmt per 6 store...
is that true
What I've heard is 1 SM, 1 ASM, 2 SFL per store. 2 ASM-T per community.(once all training of promoted MGT's is completed)
Daytona Mgt

United States

#59 Feb 3, 2013
My concern is when I lose $500/month in pay I never get it back, at least until I get to ASM. I still haven't recovered the last pay they took away.
leave now

Tulsa, OK

#60 Mar 24, 2013
I haven't read anything new in this thread yet. But don't take the demotion to sfl. stay as a mgt as long as you can. over the years walgreens has messed with our heads, by taking hours away from everyone and then they had this idea of a stl position and getting rid of the sims position. now they are getting rid of the mgt position and forcing hard working individuals to either step down and become a sfl or compete for a adsmt position. if you choose to relocate to another weather you are a exa or mgt. its a force to step down. then if you try to apply for a adsmt position. your new store manager and dm has no idea of who you are. so your internal review from your new store manager is not going to be very good. so you will be struck as a sfl forever. your best bet is to find another job.
leave now

Tulsa, OK

#61 Mar 24, 2013
EXA's shouldn't be forced to becoming a sfl if you relocate to another state. But if you request to leave your old district. You will be force to step down to a SFL, even if you are a EXA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quit without notice 52 min Butt Beads Up My ... 2
Theatro to track employees 2 hr Mike from the video 16
Phase out pharmacy managers 2 hr Captain Prozac 11
Conference calls 2 hr Security Department 111
Bonus 2017 3 hr jerkstore 19
Beauty Position 11 hr jerkstore 32
Threatening at work 12 hr WBAUnethical-Nonc... 8
New scheduling system 13 hr IsThisAQuestion 3
More from around the web