sfl's hired off street
sled

Palestine, TX

#1 Jan 27, 2013
The sfl nooby to walgreens at my store does such a bad job, am wondering how other stores are faring with off the street hires.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 28, 2013
I've spoken to a few MGTs that don't think they can make ASMT. They'll downgrade to a clerk instead of being a SFL.

I guess we're gonna see more of these fresh off the street SFLs

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 28, 2013
Maybe they do a bad job because they are new and aren't being properly trained and don't know as much as you. Just a thought. Asst. Managers making much more were not great either!:)
SLed

Palestine, TX

#4 Feb 3, 2013
I don't think a new hire for sfl and a promoted sfl should start out at same rate of pay, the amount of work they are capable of doing doesn't equal out and on top of that the new hire for sfl that we have just flat out refuses to complete assignments correctly then I have to go behind him and redo his work

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5 Feb 3, 2013
Most of the ones I've seen at stores in the area treat it just like it is... an easy-money slightly better alternative to a minimum-wage clerk job. Most were "management" at crappy little joints like dollar stores or Blockbuster. Most are very poor alternatives to a good STL/HPS/SBA that already knows the business becoming an SFL. They're not dedicated to learning the ins and outs of the business. They spend a LOT of time on socializing, their work is usually of low quality (even piddly things like facing), and some of them are total trainwrecks that never show up and for some reason store management can't get permission to fire them, like Employee Relations has something to prove. Some are downright shady characters that I wouldn't leave alone with more than twenty bucks.

Are they allowed to date service clerks and the like? Some of them already are, and there are a lot of creepy dudes in this new bunch.

I don't think Walgreens is going to tank or any of that other apocalyptic baloney people keep throwing around on here.

It's just going to suck.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Feb 3, 2013
I love how old asst. managers think their group is so much better than sfls. Old asst. managers sucked just as much except they were getting paid 80% more!
SLed

Palestine, TX

#7 Feb 3, 2013
My SM said we have to be patient with the Sfl new hires and they are given a year to learn everything from ground up but this sfl in particular works graveyard and doesn't have anyone to guide him so he does what he wants to do which is basicly not much and leaves the store a mess no basic stocking done never does truck or scanouts . I don't know why he has gotten away with it for 9 months but he has. I am getting tired of having to catch up all he doesn't do including redoing his resets. If I have to do his job on top of mine then I should get half his pay since he only does half a job lol.
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#8 Feb 3, 2013
yesthisisfine wrote:
I love how old asst. managers think their group is so much better than sfls. Old asst. managers sucked just as much except they were getting paid 80% more!
Paint with a broadbrush much??
Loki

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Apr 6, 2013
So here is my question for you all...If I get an SFL position "off the street" (which I'm 95% sure I have it) I would like to know how to go about being the newbie. In other words, what can I do to make coming into this store easier on me and everyone else? I know that there may be people who don't agree with me new to Walgreens and coming in as a SFL what with me needing to learn the system, procedures, and basic duties, ect. However, I don't want to be thrown into a snake pit of people who are pissed off because I was hired in at a higher level then they are and they want to take it out on me. I hope it isn't like that but even if it is I'm going to have to push through it for nothing else then to have the experience on my resume. My babbling aside, any advide for me to make the best out of it and to build good report with coworkers?
Ya right

United States

#10 Apr 6, 2013
Loki you are replacing long time mgts who were payed 18-19$ per hour. They were highly motivated to get promoted. The usually worked very hard, and felt responsible to better the store and the people who worked for them. This is who you will be compared to. Just do your best, and work hard and be fair to all others and you will be fine.
Loki

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Apr 6, 2013
I guess I should be glad that I'm coming into the company and position after all the changes I've been reading about happened. I'm none-the-wiser I suppose. I have read that the SFL position is hard and sucks but it's $11.00/hr or $11.50 if I'm put on nights and thats better than the $0/hour I'm making now. lol. I guess as with anything, I will do my best and if it doesn't work out then I can always quit. No biggie.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12 Apr 6, 2013
Work hard. Ask questions. Keep communication open. Build a good relationship with the managers and other employees. Be professional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is really needed to run a Walgreens or ret... 31 min el oh el 9
What will happen if an ASM and a CSA start dati... 49 min el oh el 16
New Uniforms (Jul '12) 56 min baha 108
What is the fate of BAs? Enough with SBAs.. 1 hr boots island 5
Get out if you can, FAST!!!!!!! 2 hr IlovemyjobSM 33
Asm position going away 2 hr IlovemyjobSM 54
Anybody know the wic.... (Sep '14) 3 hr ellema 16
DM promotion opportunity 16 hr Wagger 6
Unbelievable - Wasson Enterprise? Gotta be a j... Wed Lol 5
It's Back! Tue therehouse 8