Walmart and Walgreens too similar.

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

BigFlats1901

Hixson, TN

#1 Oct 20, 2012
Anyone seen the documentary about Wal-Mart? The similarities between them and Walgreens about employee treatment is astounding. Health care is available but unaffordable, black people and women not being promoted, purposely being short staffed, meet the numbers or else, no union, etc. I have worked in retail for 16 years, six of them with Walgreens. It is the absolute worst for how it treats employees, but I make 20 bucks an hour(til April) so I'm not going anywhere until then.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 20, 2012
BigFlats1901 wrote:
Anyone seen the documentary about Wal-Mart? The similarities between them and Walgreens about employee treatment is astounding. Health care is available but unaffordable, black people and women not being promoted, purposely being short staffed, meet the numbers or else, no union, etc. I have worked in retail for 16 years, six of them with Walgreens. It is the absolute worst for how it treats employees, but I make 20 bucks an hour(til April) so I'm not going anywhere until then.
I was a manager at wal-mart and that documentary was mostly BS. Most of the Dept managers are female...the females could not hack being assistants because of the crazy work schedule and constant store tranferring that they mainly quit.....men were treated like this as well. It is called survival of the fittest and the females i worked with complained ALL the time, but yet could not do the resets and work that mostly did require a man as far as lifting and doing things in the back stockroom...sorry but the truth is the truth.....dont even get me started on the minority BS either....some intelligence is actually needed.....more so at wal mart then a little ole Walgreens store. People always want to be more then they are, but are always too lazy to work for it....they think because they are black or female that the position should be given to them as a right....you have the right to nothing in this world unless you earned it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manager mid shifts in the pharmacy in January 3 hr mgr 1
Restructuring in 2015 5 hr csa2hps2sfl 98
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 5 hr MaddieWow 1,465
35mm film processing 5 hr csa2hps2sfl 5
segwick 7 hr Hawkeye 6
Future of OSA and 2015 9 hr tjm 26
Walgreens vs CVS 12 hr MBA store manager 5
Use your vacation/sick days before you go (Mar '12) 12 hr Itdoesntmatter70 35
Wasson Retiring 13 hr Diogones 103
More from around the web