My ASMT application is due this week...

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 26, 2013
and I keep changing my answers. I don't know why. I don't like how they are worded, I guess. I feel like I can't give them the type of answer they want. Oh well.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 26, 2013
What do you mean by its "due this week?"

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 26, 2013
MGT-Dude wrote:
What do you mean by its "due this week?"
He most likely works in the area where the deadline to apply is the 29th. Same goes for me.

As far as the application answers go, I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm playing with the wording on mine too. What I did and would suggest for you as well, is print the ASMT job description from the Field Transformation website, and try to word your answers more aimed at the expectations listed there. It somewhat helped me. But overall, don't sweat the application TOO much. The app doesn't contribute to your ranking. It's only to decide whether or not you qualify to begin with. You're only ranked by your upcoming reference review, the math test, and finally the interview in or around March. Most people will be pretty generic and vague in their answers on the app, so be as detailed as you like but don't stress yourself out over it.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4 Jan 26, 2013
Yes, I do, although what is hanging in our office says they are due either the 30th or 31st, I forget which. Thanks for the insight. I just needed to vent, I guess. I don't like how their questions are worded, making it difficult for me to give an answer I'm happy with. I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this. Another MGT filled hers out the first week, and said "it took me like 10 minutes to do mine." That made me wonder...
One Man Team

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jan 27, 2013
I was the same way. As a SFL I had trouble with a couple of them as far as experience. I did print out the ASMT job description which helped me see what they were looking for. I was told by my store manager/CL not to worry too much about the application since DMs will focus more on the performance review, which i got a 4.7 and also the internal review.

I was told that many SFLs were having other managers do their application.

Lucky for me I'm seen as the top SFL in my district by many of the CLs so I have no worries about making it to the interview portion.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Jan 28, 2013
Look on the bright side, there was an extension!

I didn't take my application as an an end of the world seriousness. I jotted down notes to the answers and expanded upon them as I sat there. In years past it's limited you on number of characters after you submit it. I wasn't interested in having to go back and reword and rework everything. I probably took 15-30 minutes to do mine.

I'm of the firm belief that the DM and CLs already have a pool of candidates that they have in mind for these positions. If they're seriously interested in someone, I don't feel the application is going to somehow answer any questions they have - that's what the panel interview and reference review are for.

Location hidden

#7 Jan 29, 2013
Donnelly007 wrote:
But the question is, does an extension on the app deadline mean a delay in every other step that follows? My guess is yes.
Muskrat

United States

#8 Jan 29, 2013
Donnelly007 wrote:

I didn't take my application as an an end of the world seriousness. I jotted down notes to the answers and expanded upon them as I sat there. In years past it's limited you on number of characters after you submit it. I wasn't interested in having to go back and reword and rework everything. I probably took 15-30 minutes to do mine.

I'm of the firm belief that the DM and CLs already have a pool of candidates that they have in mind for these positions. If they're seriously interested in someone, I don't feel the application is going to somehow answer any questions they have - that's what the panel interview and reference review are for.
I wonder the reason for the extension? How long are they taking applications until now?
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#9 Jan 29, 2013
Muskrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder the reason for the extension? How long are they taking applications until now?
Feb. 15th

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10 Jan 30, 2013
JMGT wrote:
<quoted text>
But the question is, does an extension on the app deadline mean a delay in every other step that follows? My guess is yes.
I think the road is still being paved while we're already on the yellow brick road.
Nobody

Houston, TX

#11 Jan 31, 2013
When the ASMT position was first announced, the transformation website listed that ASMT position will launch March of 2013 and MGT position will be eliminated in March 2014.

That wording has now changed. It now just says that MGT position will be eliminated at a later date. Does anyone know what's up with that?

I still haven't made up my mind to apply or just stay MGT. Anyone in the same boat?
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#12 Feb 1, 2013
It morphed several times. I made it a case to print every version. Just in case I stayed at Walgreens.

It at one time said it was a indefinite cycle until all MGTs were out of the system. It lead you to believe as long as you keep applying for ASM-T you could stay a MGT until a position opened up. At first it had no set elimination date for MGT positions. Again , it said some time in the future, but the last few sentences lead you to believe you had tons of time.

Just like they mislead people into thinking they could improve and apply even if they had a low review score. Ohhh , you have a year to become a good candidate, but guess what can't apply if you review score is low.
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#13 Feb 1, 2013
Nobody wrote:
When the ASMT position was first announced, the transformation website listed that ASMT position will launch March of 2013 and MGT position will be eliminated in March 2014.
That wording has now changed. It now just says that MGT position will be eliminated at a later date. Does anyone know what's up with that?
I still haven't made up my mind to apply or just stay MGT. Anyone in the same boat?
Think of the reverse. It could be that some areas may want to (and can because of staffing) push up the date and not adhere to the March 2014 which is why they took out the specific month.
Nobody

Houston, TX

#14 Feb 1, 2013
I only have few days left and still can't make up my damn mind to apply or not. What are the rest of you MGTs doing?
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#15 Feb 1, 2013
Nobody wrote:
I only have few days left and still can't make up my damn mind to apply or not. What are the rest of you MGTs doing?
I think an important aspect of the ASM position to consider is do you want to head up a team of SFLs who, more than likely, will be very inexperienced nd unmotivated to the point where the weight of the entire store will be placed on your shoulders. At least, for the most part, store managers have MGTs that are somewhat experienced and somewhat motiviated (or, at least, WERE motivated before this past year. Now, the ASM will have to put up with a revolving door of unmotivated SFLs.

Location hidden

#16 Feb 1, 2013
Nobody wrote:
If you are that unsure then you should already be looking into other career options. Not only is it a matter of time, but you're going to need to be entirely focused and determined if you really want to move forward through all these BS changes coming. There's really no room in this for "maybe" or "I'm not sure" so make a choice and stick with it. MGT will be eliminated, and the SFL demotion is not worth it. Either apply now or get out there and start job hunting for your remaining time until MGT is eliminated. And to answer your question, I applied a few days ago.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#17 Feb 1, 2013
I agree with JMGT. I am not in management but it seems to me that if you have any interested in moving up at Walgreens, you should apply for ASM now. Even if you are not picked, I would think that any openings later might be filled from the pool of ASM applications before hiring people from outside of Walgreens.

I hope there is something on the application or test that requires some sort of written open response in front of a witness in the event that some people are, in fact, having others fill out the application for them. That is, if the company cares at all if the candidates can write, spell, etc.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#18 Feb 1, 2013
Oops. I meant to write "if you have any interest". It is a good thing that I am not taking that test.
jay

Bronx, NY

#19 Feb 14, 2013
can you fill out the applicationm at home,cant seem to pull it up

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#20 Feb 14, 2013
jay wrote:
can you fill out the applicationm at home,cant seem to pull it up
No

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ballard Walgreens pressed to hire security guar... 2 hr Bobby 4
ASM closes 4 to 5 nights per week, every week, ... 4 hr Poboysandwich 25
Salaried workers making less than $47,476 to be... 5 hr jerkstore 146
Would you complain? 5 hr SLF Incarnate 9
big changes? 5 hr SLF Incarnate 43
2017 bonus cuts 5 hr Truth 25
Implementation team 8 hr Howdydouchie 8
Asm position going away 19 hr wagsthedog 189
More from around the web