Show me why you object to the flu shot

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Evidenceplease

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 13, 2013
I want evidence and fact to support your objection.

Let's hear it.
eri

Plainfield, IL

#2 Jan 13, 2013
I oppose to the shot because I choose to live my life naturally. I choose to let my immune system work the way nature intended, and not poison it with toxic substances. It is my body and my choice. If others choose to get the shot, they are free to do so. I don't support any ban of vaccines or any forced vaccinations.
wagsuxxx

Garden City, MI

#3 Jan 13, 2013
eri wrote:
I oppose to the shot because I choose to live my life naturally. I choose to let my immune system work the way nature intended, and not poison it with toxic substances. It is my body and my choice. If others choose to get the shot, they are free to do so. I don't support any ban of vaccines or any forced vaccinations.
Thank the government for not thinking like this. You would have died of smallpox or measles years ago with this thinking. The only reason why you are able to not worry about easily curable diseases is because everyone else is getting immunized around you. Every few years outbreaks of disease happen cause people avoid vaccinations. Maybe that is the natural way of getting rid of the idiots.
Wife

Metairie, LA

#4 Jan 13, 2013
I just think it depends on the person and immune system like "eri " says. Some people get sick all the time. They should consider getting one. Me? Never. My kids and husband? Never. Why shell out thirty bucks or bill insurance for a "what if" and tie up understaffed pharmacies because of the hype? My daughter was offered one last week at the doc's office, but she had to get the gardacil shot. Do you think I would subject a healthy person to endure another shot when she was already fighting the one forced on her? I have to hear the speech next week when I take my son. No will be my answer without a thought.
Wife

Metairie, LA

#5 Jan 13, 2013
wagsuxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank the government for not thinking like this. You would have died of smallpox or measles years ago with this thinking. The only reason why you are able to not worry about easily curable diseases is because everyone else is getting immunized around you. Every few years outbreaks of disease happen cause people avoid vaccinations. Maybe that is the natural way of getting rid of the idiots.

Even though I oppose flu shots, you made me laugh.
Evidenceplease

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 13, 2013
I would like to ask those who have family members who lost loved ones or have seen the effects of polio in their lifetime.
Cardinal George? Will you step up and talk about your life after polio?
FUWAG

Streator, IL

#7 Jan 13, 2013
Six Good Reasons to Avoid the Flu Shot:

http://www.naturalnews.com/024624_flu_the_sho ...

What's really in vaccines? Proof of MSG, formaldehyde, aluminum and mercury:

http://www.naturalnews.com/037653_vaccine_add ...

Survey: Vaccinated children five times more prone to disease than unvaccinated children:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038647_vaccinated_ ...
wagsuxxx

Platte City, MO

#9 Jan 13, 2013
FUWAG wrote:
Six Good Reasons to Avoid the Flu Shot:
http://www.naturalnews.com/024624_flu_the_sho ...
What's really in vaccines? Proof of MSG, formaldehyde, aluminum and mercury:
http://www.naturalnews.com/037653_vaccine_add ...
Survey: Vaccinated children five times more prone to disease than unvaccinated children:
http://www.naturalnews.com/038647_vaccinated_ ...
Stop believing everything you read on the internet. UUnless you are a health professional then your opinion holds little weight. Just like I don't go to my store manager for car advice, I don't go to one for medical advice either.
FUWAG

Streator, IL

#10 Jan 13, 2013
wagsuxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop believing everything you read on the internet. UUnless you are a health professional then your opinion holds little weight. Just like I don't go to my store manager for car advice, I don't go to one for medical advice either.
I am an MD and do not allow my patients to be vaccinated unless they want it. I practice holistic healing that doesn't rely on big Pharma. I don't believe everything on the Internet, but when it's true it's worth it to spread the information to uneducated patients.
wagsuxxx

Platte City, MO

#11 Jan 13, 2013
FUWAG wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an MD and do not allow my patients to be vaccinated unless they want it. I practice holistic healing that doesn't rely on big Pharma. I don't believe everything on the Internet, but when it's true it's worth it to spread the information to uneducated patients.
So you are not a real Dr then. Holistic healing? Show me a trial of holistic healing comparing the cure rates of cancer vs. Drugs.
FUWAG

Streator, IL

#12 Jan 13, 2013
The Hidden Risks in This Heavily Promoted Seasonal Routine...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...

Getting Flu Shot at Pharmacy is a Risky Proposition

While many have become used to vaccines being considered "routine," there's really nothing routine about them. Each and every vaccine carries an inherent risk of causing a reaction, injury or death that can be greater for some individuals than others. The seasonal flu vaccine is no exception when it comes to serious health risks, both short- and long-term, for some people. This is why the trend of getting your flu shot at the local drugstore, grocery store or other non-medical setting is so troubling.

According to a recent article in NPR:

"In 2010, 18.4 percent of adults who were immunized received the flu vaccine at a supermarket or drugstore, just edging out workplace vaccinations for the second most popular venue, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

...[W]hile more people are going to the pharmacy, the number of Americans who get the flu vaccine each year has remained fairly constant at about 40 percent of all adults. Drugstores and supermarket pharmacies are eager to stake out a bigger piece of that market. Nationwide, the number of pharmacists trained to deliver vaccines has nearly quadrupled since 2007, from 40,000 to 150,000."

While pharmacists are trained to administer the vaccine, they're not necessarily trained to address a sudden and life threatening health emergency that may arise after the shot is given. It's important to understand that ALL vaccines carry a risk for provoking an acute adverse reaction, such as fainting or having a seizure, which could be truly life threatening if you're driving a car or crossing a street after you have left the store, for example.
FUWAG

Streator, IL

#13 Jan 13, 2013
wagsuxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are not a real Dr then. Holistic healing? Show me a trial of holistic healing comparing the cure rates of cancer vs. Drugs.
I left the practice of traditional medicine due to rising costs of malpractice insurance, dwindling reimbursements from the government for Medicare and Medicaid patients, and flat out lies and greed from Pharmaceutical companies. We're talking about flu shots on this specific forum, so why are u asking me about cancer? Go ahead an research the topic and you'll be amazed at what you find.
wagsuxxx

Platte City, MO

#14 Jan 13, 2013
FUWAG wrote:
The Hidden Risks in This Heavily Promoted Seasonal Routine...
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...
Getting Flu Shot at Pharmacy is a Risky Proposition
While many have become used to vaccines being considered "routine," there's really nothing routine about them. Each and every vaccine carries an inherent risk of causing a reaction, injury or death that can be greater for some individuals than others. The seasonal flu vaccine is no exception when it comes to serious health risks, both short- and long-term, for some people. This is why the trend of getting your flu shot at the local drugstore, grocery store or other non-medical setting is so troubling.
According to a recent article in NPR:
"In 2010, 18.4 percent of adults who were immunized received the flu vaccine at a supermarket or drugstore, just edging out workplace vaccinations for the second most popular venue, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
...[W]hile more people are going to the pharmacy, the number of Americans who get the flu vaccine each year has remained fairly constant at about 40 percent of all adults. Drugstores and supermarket pharmacies are eager to stake out a bigger piece of that market. Nationwide, the number of pharmacists trained to deliver vaccines has nearly quadrupled since 2007, from 40,000 to 150,000."
While pharmacists are trained to administer the vaccine, they're not necessarily trained to address a sudden and life threatening health emergency that may arise after the shot is given. It's important to understand that ALL vaccines carry a risk for provoking an acute adverse reaction, such as fainting or having a seizure, which could be truly life threatening if you're driving a car or crossing a street after you have left the store, for example.
Still waiting on a nice study showing how holistic medicine can cure cancer more effectively than medications. Or give me an example of a disease that holistic medicine helped to eradicate such as smallpox?
FUWAG

Streator, IL

#15 Jan 13, 2013
wagsuxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting on a nice study showing how holistic medicine can cure cancer more effectively than medications. Or give me an example of a disease that holistic medicine helped to eradicate such as smallpox?
Treatments already exist that can safely revert cancer cells into normal cells. How these treatments work will be explained below.

However, medical doctors rarely use the safe and effective treatments and instead are quite content to use cancer treatments which have less than a 3%, 5-year cure rate (Journal of Oncology, 2004, volume 16, pp. 449-560)!!

Let me say this in another way: in five years after diagnosis, 97% of the cancer patients treated with standard cancer treatments are dead.

However, not everyone uses standard cancer treatments. The late Dr. William D. Kelley, who died in 2005, treated more than 33,000 cancer patients. Dr. Kelley was able to cure more than 90% of the cancer patients who were initially treated by him.

Compare Dr. Kelley's 90% cure rate to the current overall 5-year cure rate of less than 3%!!

Why has the medical community almost universally refused to integrate Dr. Kelley's methods into their treatments? The reason is that the highly effective treatments used by Dr. Kelley are not as profitable, by a wide margin, as their current treatments. The American Medical Association (AMA) was so upset with Dr. Kelley that they had him thrown in jail and he was forced to move to Mexico to treat cancer patients.

Why have the media's "investigative journalists" not glorified Dr. Kelley and his amazing cancer treatments? For the same reason, his treatments are not as profitable to the media, by a wide margin, as current treatments.

In fact, the propaganda machine of the media has totally ignored Dr. Kelley, as has the medical establishment. As a result, the general public cannot believe that someone could have a cure rate that high!!

And when you trust your television
What you get is what you got
Cause when they own the information
Oh, they can bend it all they want
John Mayer: "Waiting on the World to Change"

http://www.cancertutor.com/
FUWAG

Streator, IL

#16 Jan 13, 2013
Cellect-Budwig (supported by Mike Vrentas),
High RF Frequency Generators - Rife Technology (electrode and plasma) gentle electromedicine supported by the ICRF,
Hyperthermia with low-dose chemotherapy (used in German and some Mexican alternative cancer clinics),
Limu Juice with high levels of fucoidan (supplemental treatment),
Cesium Chloride (the oldest protocol still in use - supported by Larry of Essense-of-Life [spelling is correct]),
Bill Henderson Protocol (the least-expensive protocol - supported by Bill Henderson),
Ultimate Simple Protocol,(a combination of "buying time," and an electromedicine protocol, etc.- Webster Kehr supports)
Plasma-Beck,(ditto except with two electromedicine protocols - Webster Kehr supports)
Rife-Beck,(ditto except that one electromedicine device is used in two different ways - Webster Kehr supports)
Bob Beck Protocol (which also cures AIDS, hepatitis, etc.- is a very gentle "electromedicine" protocol),
UVBI (Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation, a clinic treatment),
LifeOne Protocol (supported by Dr. Howenstine, M.D.),

Even today a treatment that can yield a 90% or 100% cure rate for cancer patients who have never had chemotherapy might only yield a 35% to 50% cure rate for someone who has taken the full ride on the chemo express.

But it gets worse. Medical doctors are keeping cancer patients on chemotherapy longer and longer. About 20% of all cancer patients are still taking chemotherapy when they die. Thus, even though alternative medicine researchers are developing better and better alternative cancer treatments, their cure rates have not risen. We are treading water as fast as we can.

We have seen cancer patients die who did not have a single cancer cell in their body!! They died from the long term effects of chemotherapy, radiation and/or surgery after they were cured. The product Protandim (see the left side-bar) can save some of these patients, but it is best to take it just before chemotherapy is administered.
Diane

United States

#18 Jan 14, 2013
Fear of needles. Seriously.
Texas Outlaw

Plano, TX

#19 Jan 14, 2013
Cancer and the Flu have no comparison in my book.Holistic medicine, has been practiced for many years with a good success rate. Does it cure everything..no but neither do shots, and pills, chemo .. the list goes on.Even if FUWAG is not a MD, he has done his research and is impressive with knowledge. Consider the Flu shot,at least at WAG, a suggestive sell for the pharmacy, just like the flavoring their asked to push.
All about money..period !
eri

Plainfield, IL

#20 Jan 14, 2013
Evidenceplease wrote:
I would like to ask those who have family members who lost loved ones or have seen the effects of polio in their lifetime.
Cardinal George? Will you step up and talk about your life after polio?
LOL! I was trying to predict how many posts it would take for a blanket pro-vaxer to mention polio or smallpox. The thread topic you asked about was FLU shots, and the flu is not remotely similar to smallpox or polio. An intelligent person would consider the risk/benefit of each vaccine and make a decision from there. I am not putting my health at risk for a flu shot just to make big profits for big pharma. You're kidding yourself if you think this big flu shot hysteria is all about public health. Follow the $$$$$.
Diane

United States

#21 Jan 14, 2013
Tex...I think I just judged you nuts by mistake. I'm on my phone and my dog is grooming herself and shaking my arm. Really sorry. I was trying to check agree!
wagsuxxx

Platte City, MO

#22 Jan 14, 2013
eri wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I was trying to predict how many posts it would take for a blanket pro-vaxer to mention polio or smallpox. The thread topic you asked about was FLU shots, and the flu is not remotely similar to smallpox or polio. An intelligent person would consider the risk/benefit of each vaccine and make a decision from there. I am not putting my health at risk for a flu shot just to make big profits for big pharma. You're kidding yourself if you think this big flu shot hysteria is all about public health. Follow the $$$$$.
We know its about the money to wag. But vaccines are still a good thing. It prevents the unnecessary spread of the flu from healthy individuals to people who can't geybthe flu shot such as this under the age of six months, non responders, immunocompromised, and people who are allergic to the shot. All natural bullcrap is still about the money!!! Look at how expensive it is, I buy some all natural supplements and its not cheap and they aren't treating their business as a charity. Look at where holistic medicine is located in america, in fancy wealthy parts in the city. Are they in the hood offering holistic medicine for free? And of course it can't cure things such as cancer or smallpox cause it doesn't work. People thinks it helps with the flu cause most people get better with he flu anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
24 gone 1 hr Mark Swagner 19
Bonus 2017 1 hr No one special 30
Threatening at work 4 hr Animal House 11
Kronos scheduling systems 6 hr Winning 3
Theatro to track employees 7 hr Riblets Zen 67
Raise 23 hr MidWagHag 4
CVS, Walgreens sued for overcharging pharmacy c... Tue MidWagHag 15
Conference calls Tue GenXer 117
Phase out pharmacy managers Tue jerkstore 23
More from around the web