The brave 836
Nike

Keller, TX

#1 Apr 18, 2013
The exa lawsuit deadline is nearing. Only 836 exa have signed on for an attempt at justice.

If youre an exa what have you heard? Why havent our fellow exas signed up? Iam hearing in my market that managers have been notified and are tellimg their exas to take it easy on the labor til it blows over.

Iam 836. Get the word out
Ya right-the original

Omaha, NE

#2 Apr 18, 2013
Satisfy my curiosity- what is this lawsuit, and what does going easy on staff have to so with it?
Nike

Keller, TX

#3 Apr 18, 2013
Easy on the labor not staff. Meaning make sure youre working as a manager 60 prrcent of the time and doing manual labor only 40 percent. due to the claim of the lawsuit saying we salaried exa are unfairly classified as exempt meaning salaried, because we do mostly manual labor and minimum manage. the suit argues we are owed pay over 44hr a week due to this. califonia ruled in a similar case and exas won. so now there is a national case pending eith 836 exas onboard so far.The law suit can be foubd on this forum.
Nike

Keller, TX

#4 Apr 18, 2013
mmhae

Cottage Grove, WI

#5 Apr 18, 2013
Clearly people don't know about it and probably don't understand it. Also, are the managers scaring the EXA's from signing on?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#6 Apr 18, 2013
I gave up on the working more hours to get ahead many years ago. I get my stuff done in my 44 and maybe add a few minutes here and there. Id join in the lawsuit just to get some extra money off the wag but dont want to risk my job.
mellowyellow

Elmwood Park, IL

#7 Apr 18, 2013
The brave 836....who don't want to become store managers.
Jon

Keller, TX

#8 Apr 18, 2013
mellowyellow wrote:
The brave 836....who don't want to become store managers.
promotions are an unlikely occurence. Thats why asm are being considered a career position and not transitional
Richard

Lockhart, TX

#9 Apr 25, 2013
Where do I sign up
Mike

Keller, TX

#10 Apr 25, 2013
Contact sanford lawfirm arkansas. Deadline june 20th

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#11 Apr 26, 2013
I don't think anyone is risking their job by joining the lawsuit, that would be retaliation. My manager is aware, and he was told not to speak about it. If we win I hope they have to pay out a large sum. One thing I would like to happen is an actual 44hr week and 2 days off in a week- just like normal people..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Project Frontier (Dec '15) 1 hr the flopster 83
asmt 1 hr asmt in nw indiana 5
What is a designated hitter? (Feb '16) 2 hr Jo mama 50
Salaried workers making less than $47,476 to be... 2 hr Rumin8 159
Unfair scheduling & blatant favoritism (Sep '13) 3 hr new_sfl1234 15
2017 bonus cuts 3 hr Truth 28
Asm position going away 4 hr Jmd 190
ASM closes 4 to 5 nights per week, every week, ... 6 hr soldmysoul 27
big changes? 23 hr SLF Incarnate 43
More from around the web