Should I quit my job at walgreens?

Should I quit my job at walgreens?

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kimberly0788

United States

#1 Jul 1, 2012
Okay some of you may think this question is silly because I am not an mgt or an stl, I just work on the floor. I run my butt off in the store everyday and because my store has already turned over 2 managers since the realignment announcement, a select few of us have been suffering. I do NOT want to be a SFL or an ASM and I have been comfortable in my position for the 3 years I have been at Walgreens up until now. But now more and more tasks are being piled onto my shoulders and I feel like I have to be the MGT on the days my SM is by himself because we have not hired anyone for SFL or promoted from within. I only make 9 bucks an hour. What can I do? Do regular employees need to start looking for other employment as well? Walgreens is just not like it used to be.
Texas Outlaw

Frisco, TX

#2 Jul 2, 2012
No one can answer question but - you. It all depends on your situation, what you hope to accomplish. If your happy where your at- fine - if not move on.
When you get up of morning, and dread going to work, when the gossip no longer keeps you in suspense,that's usually a good clue for me :)
no name

Dallas, TX

#3 Nov 2, 2012
I have been with walgreens for almost 11 years and im starting to think that this company does not have loyality in their employees anymore. Mgts who relocate are force to be SFLs with a deduction in pay. Mgts who work midnights are force into SFL positions with a pay cut or go into days. Its a life style change for everyone. Workloads are being piled up on regular employees more and new hires for SFLs are required to do as much work load as mgts with a lot smaller pay rate. With the new changes alot of good hard workers are gone. Majority of mgts have already left the company. So i say if you can i would leave. Walgreens wants robots not employees.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 2, 2012
If you make $9/hr, give them $9/hr worth of work. There's no reason for you to be worried about getting a whole worklist done in one shift. If you're not worried about the job, then do the job to your ability and don't fret over it. Stand your ground and tell your managers that you're doing the best you can. If your manager is too inept to hire someone or pony up, why should you pick up the slack and only he gets the recognition? Seriously.
given up

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Nov 2, 2012
This is the new paradigm in corporate America--pile an impossible workload on the worker. The key to keeping the job is to give the appearance that you will keep striving to accomplish everything. Once they detect that you know it's an impossible situation then you're gone.
When your manager points out that you aren't getting some things done, just say "I'll do better next time". Don't say "that's all I can do".
thespaz

Ankeny, IA

#6 Nov 2, 2012
I would use your time to keep your job and go back to school. You need a college education period. If you want to be more than a salesman, menial job worker, or quickly vanishing factory worker.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#7 Nov 3, 2012
I think everyone here makes good points. If you are making $9/hr at Walgreens, you can make the same elsewhere. That does not mean it will be better - just different. You can go anywhere and work like a dog for $9/hr. I don't mind working hard but the impossible demands are starting to take their toll on me. When I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach going into work, it is time for me to move on.
concerned

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Nov 3, 2012
I agree with thespaz, only way to get ahead in this world is education, if your male toolmakers are a loosing breed, if your male or female nurses are always needed, and get you a job anywhere. But education is the key!
thespaz

Ankeny, IA

#9 Nov 3, 2012
Only thing about nursing to make the big money you need a RN degree and certifications. Be warned to make real good money as a nurse the schedule will be 10 times worse than the one at wag.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 3, 2012
All I'll say is.. never leave any job before you have another one set to go to.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11 Nov 3, 2012
And remember it's holiday season so if you go to another retail store, you could end up being just a temp hire.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#12 Nov 3, 2012
Or you could just go home, make a nice warm bath and slit your wrists...really people is life so friggin hard for everyone?
better than hmmm

Lehigh Acres, FL

#13 Nov 4, 2012
no name wrote:
I have been with walgreens for almost 11 years and im starting to think that this company does not have loyality in their employees anymore. Mgts who relocate are force to be SFLs with a deduction in pay. Mgts who work midnights are force into SFL positions with a pay cut or go into days. Its a life style change for everyone. Workloads are being piled up on regular employees more and new hires for SFLs are required to do as much work load as mgts with a lot smaller pay rate. With the new changes alot of good hard workers are gone. Majority of mgts have already left the company. So i say if you can i would leave. Walgreens wants robots not employees.
Walgreens isn't seeing the picture clear enough with there eyes wide open.Many high spending customers have said they will not return,because of all the high work loads on 1 or 2 people,no one around to provide good customer service,too much stress on everyone,too much gossip,too much drama,an overload of different signs for 1 item,just confusing the customer even more,customer gets fustrated,doesnt shop,customers being harrassed by members of store,too much non team work,too much loading everything on one person trying to make a sucker out of employee,too many lies,too much hostile work enviroment,not enough communication,ones that work the hardest get treated the worst,all of this leads to a lower amount of customer base.This blaming employees about not signing enough people up for rewards,some customers dont want to sign up,has got to stop,cant hold a gun to a customers head & force them to sign up or buy suggestive sales,thank the employee for doing the best they are there to do.Enough with all the negativity & blaming,people feel bad enough as it is,now is this the correct way to run a business?I say NOOOOOO.Things need to change for the better,lets go back to the old fashioned ways,bring happiness,respect,& moral,you bring more happy customers,they spend more money & keep your awesome hard working employees,overall makes a great store(s) & or company,& lets see those blue vest with the pockets make a comeback!They looked way more professional & tidy.T shirts & polo shirts look sloppy.Bring back the dark blue vests for employees & the gray vests for managers & shift leaders.One more thing ,We are Not robots,I repeat,we are HUMANS!!!Please consider reading my ramble with an open mind.Thanks
better than hmmm

Lehigh Acres, FL

#14 Nov 4, 2012
no name wrote:
I have been with walgreens for almost 11 years and im starting to think that this company does not have loyality in their employees anymore. Mgts who relocate are force to be SFLs with a deduction in pay. Mgts who work midnights are force into SFL positions with a pay cut or go into days. Its a life style change for everyone. Workloads are being piled up on regular employees more and new hires for SFLs are required to do as much work load as mgts with a lot smaller pay rate. With the new changes alot of good hard workers are gone. Majority of mgts have already left the company. So i say if you can i would leave. Walgreens wants robots not employees.
I agree,they need to stop this nonsense.
Diane

United States

#15 Nov 4, 2012
better than hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Walgreens isn't seeing the picture clear enough with there eyes wide open.Many high spending customers have said they will not return,because of all the high work loads on 1 or 2 people,no one around to provide good customer service,too much stress on everyone,too much gossip,too much drama,an overload of different signs for 1 item,just confusing the customer even more,customer gets fustrated,doesnt shop,customers being harrassed by members of store,too much non team work,too much loading everything on one person trying to make a sucker out of employee,too many lies,too much hostile work enviroment,not enough communication,ones that work the hardest get treated the worst,all of this leads to a lower amount of customer base.This blaming employees about not signing enough people up for rewards,some customers dont want to sign up,has got to stop,cant hold a gun to a customers head & force them to sign up or buy suggestive sales,thank the employee for doing the best they are there to do.Enough with all the negativity & blaming,people feel bad enough as it is,now is this the correct way to run a business?I say NOOOOOO.Things need to change for the better,lets go back to the old fashioned ways,bring happiness,respect,& moral,you bring more happy customers,they spend more money & keep your awesome hard working employees,overall makes a great store(s) & or company,& lets see those blue vest with the pockets make a comeback!They looked way more professional & tidy.T shirts & polo shirts look sloppy.Bring back the dark blue vests for 4iyemployees & the gray vests for managers & shift leaders.One more thing ,We are Not robots,I repeat,we are HUMANS!!!Please consider reading my ramble with an open mind.Thanks
VERY well said!!
nomw

Cottage Grove, WI

#16 Nov 9, 2012
I think we all agree that Walgreens is not looking for hardworking loyal employees to compensate for their hard work. They want employees that will grovel for the chance to be beaten to pieces and treated like slaves just for the privilege of working for Walgreens. Time to move on there are other employers who do want hardworking employees and are willing to PAY for them. Move on you will find something so much better.
Need a new job

Cookeville, TN

#17 Nov 13, 2012
concerned wrote:
I agree with thespaz, only way to get ahead in this world is education, if your male toolmakers are a loosing breed, if your male or female nurses are always needed, and get you a job anywhere. But education is the key!
Yes education is the key and you are in dire need of it friend. The spaz is a moron by the way.
Diane

United States

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Need a new job wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes education is the key and you are in dire need of it friend. The spaz is a moron by the way.
Troll.
Need a new job

Cookeville, TN

#19 Nov 13, 2012
Diane wrote:
<quoted text> Troll.
no not a troll diane I think you are not very bright as well. What is your position sba? I forget anyhow I would love to debate your ignorance but I have to count my money.
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#20 Nov 13, 2012
I have done more in 20 years of my life than most of these people on here will do in their entire life. I can be a little on the crazy side. It is your job to figure out when I m being serious or joking. However, I know several nurses that make around 96 bucks an hour. Though it does take a few extra years of school. By that time you can get a md degree. The 96 dollar an hour nurses are experienced neonatal nurses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phone usage 8 min JTruant 8
Frontier, where did it come from. 10 min Wishful thinking 14
pilot stores florida 21 min fyi 4
Useless DM 1 hr idk 56
Prince's heirs suing WBA. 1 hr WBAUnethical-Nonc... 1
June budget calls 3 hr Cmon man 17
Wow 9 hr Yup 6
Compass about rx speedy express checkout 13 hr Whachutalkinboutw... 8
In The Loop 14 hr SCMGR 15
Self service sales 14 hr idk 11
May budget Sun Jay Cutlers Bare ... 31