new compensation meetings
wagmgr

United States

#64 Jun 30, 2012
To different meetings in the Orlando and Tampa markets......from the MVP's mouth. Store manager pay is going to a 3-4 tier structure based on low, medium, high volume store. Very few if any managers are going to loose pay. Store managers that have been around a very long time might see a reduction or cap on current salary......some new managers might receive an increase. For all you bitching mgts and exas, why in the hell would you even want the store manager position messed with???? This should be a position you would strive for!!! Eliminating this position it would only hinder your growth with the company, or any other company you apply for. I don't want the DM position to go away.....what would I have left for growth???? I mean if you want someone to give you something then quit your job and let Obama take care of you. Simple as that.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#65 Jun 30, 2012
wagmgr wrote:
To different meetings in the Orlando and Tampa markets......from the MVP's mouth. Store manager pay is going to a 3-4 tier structure based on low, medium, high volume store. Very few if any managers are going to loose pay. Store managers that have been around a very long time might see a reduction or cap on current salary......some new managers might receive an increase. For all you bitching mgts and exas, why in the hell would you even want the store manager position messed with???? This should be a position you would strive for!!! Eliminating this position it would only hinder your growth with the company, or any other company you apply for. I don't want the DM position to go away.....what would I have left for growth???? I mean if you want someone to give you something then quit your job and let Obama take care of you. Simple as that.
Well said

Location hidden

#66 Jul 1, 2012
I think the problem Walgreens has now is the problem of trying to keep the people they want to keep instead of having to work with the people that are left.

The problem is that once you openly identify the people you want to keep, let's say SMs in this example, and give those people any special treatment, everyone who is not in that group wonders what the h is going on. And communication has not been timely or clear to date. At least, that is my opinion.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#67 Jul 1, 2012
wagmgr wrote:
We were told almost the same thing.Store Manager pay will be based on 2 tiers.The first one will be the cost of living where your market is and the 2nd is the volume of the store.
I totally agree with you on store managers,it has me baffled why some are seeming to take great pleasure in thinking that spot will go away.If you are a current MGT or Exa or want to get into management,why would you want that?
Box cutter king

Salt Lake City, UT

#68 Jul 1, 2012
When they say your pay will be cut or a few will be cut, what they really meant to say was about half of us are getting a 5 k pay cut. Esi alone did that with our bonuses. As long as Wasson is CEO I won't believe anything or count on any bonus or compensation. He is the one that took mgt OT with a 6 hour notice. Just sayin
Really

Sayre, PA

#69 Jul 1, 2012
Box cutter king wrote:
When they say your pay will be cut or a few will be cut, what they really meant to say was about half of us are getting a 5 k pay cut. Esi alone did that with our bonuses. As long as Wasson is CEO I won't believe anything or count on any bonus or compensation. He is the one that took mgt OT with a 6 hour notice. Just sayin
Nobody wants the SM's to go away,but the position, what is left of it when they are done will be a shell of what it is now. They need people in the stores right now to help with the transition I.E. SM's. So they get pay raises when everyone else is being cut so they can get SM's to do their bidding. When that is complete we shall see.
wag-less

Hobbs, NM

#70 Jul 1, 2012
Hey wagmgt.....would you rather have Bush take care of you?......Remember...the economy tanked on his watch...not Obamas!!.....

Location hidden

#71 Jul 1, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody wants the SM's to go away,but the position, what is left of it when they are done will be a shell of what it is now. They need people in the stores right now to help with the transition I.E. SM's. So they get pay raises when everyone else is being cut so they can get SM's to do their bidding. When that is complete we shall see.
Agreed

Location hidden

#72 Jul 1, 2012
wag-less wrote:
Hey wagmgt.....would you rather have Bush take care of you?......Remember...the economy tanked on his watch...not Obamas!!.....
Well you can say goodbye to your messiah this year buddy......good luck libtard!
pop

Rio Linda, CA

#73 Jul 1, 2012
all of you need to be be thankful for the job you have

yes Walgreen's has change from a great job to a regular crappy one, get over it!

if you don't like it, find a better job if you can!!

this are uptown problems.
upsidedownhorses hoe

Saint Louis, MO

#74 Jul 1, 2012
wag-less wrote:
Well I will say this. I made more money and was treated better when Bush was in office. And yes I am a MGT. Now do I blame Obama who Walgreens is a big time supporter of or what?
wagmgr

Pinellas Park, FL

#75 Jul 2, 2012
Wag-less you are a complete idiot. I too was much better off under the previous administration.
chip

Kansas City, KS

#76 Jul 2, 2012
wagmgr wrote:
Wag-less you are a complete idiot. I too was much better off under the previous administration.
Most people were, but the economy did tank towards the end of bushs last term in office. Obama wasn't given the best economy to start his presidency in. You people should be grateful that our all powerful job creators in charge of this company lets us continue to have our jobs everyday. A lot of self entitled people on here.
Wag-less

Hobbs, NM

#77 Jul 2, 2012
WagMgr - I don't know how you were treated better, we lost almost a third of our profit sharing when the economy tanked.(On Bush's watch) And I am not an idiot, I am on here just letting off steam like everyone else. All this uncertainty is getting to all of us, but I will not call YOU an idiot, I am not your enemy. We are all stressed out and in the same boat.

And to Ricky Flair - I certainly did not mean to offend you, so I apologize.
There is a way

Los Angeles, CA

#78 Jul 2, 2012
Hi everyone, we are all on the same boat. Everyone high to low will be effected, MGRs, EXAs, MGTs will be making less next year in their new positions, cashiers and dept. heads will have their hours cut to part time hours. So let's not rock a sinking boat among ourselves. We all done great work and we are worth more than what Walgreens are paying us, but a $25 billion company with a $10 billion (over paid for boots we should get 100% of boots for what we paid) debt Walgreens can not afford our services,

Location hidden

#79 Jul 2, 2012
Wag-less wrote:
WagMgr - I don't know how you were treated better, we lost almost a third of our profit sharing when the economy tanked.(On Bush's watch) And I am not an idiot, I am on here just letting off steam like everyone else. All this uncertainty is getting to all of us, but I will not call YOU an idiot, I am not your enemy. We are all stressed out and in the same boat.
And to Ricky Flair - I certainly did not mean to offend you, so I apologize.
No problem, everyone is stressed out at the moment. Woooooo!
Here For Life

United States

#80 Jul 2, 2012
wag-less wrote:
With the Bush. Omment, Wag-less = Clue less. Enough said.
happyhealthycrea tingamess

Newtown, CT

#81 Jul 2, 2012
my individual compensation meeting is scheduled for 07/03/12...I will post to inform all of you
your robot to well

Austin, TX

#82 Jul 2, 2012
happyhealthycreatingamess wrote:
my individual compensation meeting is scheduled for 07/03/12...I will post to inform all of you
Goodluck!
Sadatwag

Cleveland, OH

#83 Jul 3, 2012
happyhealthycreatingamess wrote:
Thank you, that's very kind. Good luck hope it's not as bad as everyone is imagining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Task 39 min wag2003 13
Requesting a raise 1 hr The Answer 10
Store manager never at the store 1 hr Stone 10
Calling in Thanksgiving and Black Friday 2 hr bill 36
ASM Elimination 2018 7 hr happy61 63
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 16 hr edd5861 2,470
Bonus 2017 18 hr CaliMGR 269
blue cross versus united healthcare any suggest... (Sep '14) Fri Common_sense 36
More from around the web