new compensation meetings

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
PlayingTheGame

Granger, IN

#1 May 8, 2012
DM meetings for new compensation rates for all employees is end of june...dms to meet INDIVIDUALLY with all managers by mid July. Heard salary caps are a possibility for all empoyees depending on position...GOING TO BE VERY INTERESTING
Finn

Birdsboro, PA

#2 May 8, 2012
I have my MGT meeting next week at the District Office. I wonder what will go down.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3 May 8, 2012
Finn wrote:
I have my MGT meeting next week at the District Office. I wonder what will go down.
your pay rate thats what:O

That is when the first ax falls from what I heard to a while ago.

Location hidden

#4 May 9, 2012
Our market has meetings around June 20th for DM's.Dont know when the word will filter down to us common folks about the new compensation rates
kneedeepinsheeps chit

Portage, MI

#5 May 9, 2012
I think the new rate for sfl is too high...you guys are probably worth like 2 chickens and a bag of rice a week...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 May 9, 2012
Salary caps have been discussed at length and rumors have been flying that all positions will have caps as well as bonus caps.
they seem to be creating a model of pay that was used widely in retail years ago and of course wag has created their own idiotic formula.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#7 May 9, 2012
PlayingTheGame wrote:
DM meetings for new compensation rates for all employees is end of june...dms to meet INDIVIDUALLY with all managers by mid July. Heard salary caps are a possibility for all empoyees depending on position...GOING TO BE VERY INTERESTING
I have two stupid questions. First, do you have any idea when these rates and salary caps would go into effect? Second, do DMs ever look at the the employee self-reviews? I was just wondering.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 May 9, 2012
the timeline for payroll changes has changed several times, do not be surprised if these go into hyperdrive after the next earnings report and happens in a fast fashion.
self reviews are only used to see where and employee rated themselves in comparison to where their manager rated the employee. during calibration everything is changed/argued/defended and then the review is final.

Location hidden

#9 May 9, 2012
Salary caps are pretty common for most retail companies. Basically, if you're over the cap you just wouldn't be eligible for a raise anymore.

WAGS has a lot of store level employees making far more than the company thinks they should for a variety of reasons. In the past, if an MGT stepped down to SIMS, they could usually keep their MGT pay. At my store, the STL makes well over $18/hr. You also run into people who may have transferred from somewhere like Boston to somewhere like West Virginia. You see service clerks making $12/hr because their pay wasn't adjusted after the transfer.

In my opinion, the only people who need to be worried about the new compensation plans are store managers.
ynot

Jonesborough, TN

#10 May 9, 2012
MGTruth wrote:
You see service clerks making $12/hr because their pay wasn't adjusted after the transfer.
When I transferred to a lower COL area they didn't adjust my pay, simply told me I wouldn't be eligible for raises for x number of years, or until my earning were in line with my new district.

Location hidden

#11 May 9, 2012
ynot wrote:
<quoted text>When I transferred to a lower COL area they didn't adjust my pay, simply told me I wouldn't be eligible for raises for x number of years, or until my earning were in line with my new district.
In the past, people have been able to do the same thing but they still received regular raises. WAG was pretty much throwing money at people for a long time up until about 2008/2009.

Overall, I think the compensation restructuring has more to do with the SM's new role than anything else.

Since: Jan 12

United States

#12 May 9, 2012
This falls in line with the conference call i overheard on monday. Salary for SM and EXA will change. I doubt lower employees except for MGTs will be changed in my district. Clerks are union here.
management

Jensen Beach, FL

#13 May 9, 2012
i really think that walgreens should think abut what they are saying to their managers by cutting their salaries.. i realize that they need to open every store on different blocks but i really think that we have alot of responsibility and deserve cmpensation for it..it is pretty sad that we work very hard and then a drop in pay..........how about the cashiers that will be making almost has much as us..........why be a manager??????????i can not understand. i worked ofr walmart and the principals starting being the same now walgreens are starting to put their employees and customers second. has hours are getting cut, pay and all of the other changes are taking place, customers are getting less service. so what is customer service???

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#14 May 9, 2012
I heard a meeting in June as well. That is was about cutting pay. Did anyone hear if Store managers pay will be cut or just capped? Give 25 plus yrs to a company and ZAP screwed in a day

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#15 May 9, 2012
SoSadWaggie wrote:
I heard a meeting in June as well. That is was about cutting pay. Did anyone hear if Store managers pay will be cut or just capped? Give 25 plus yrs to a company and ZAP screwed in a day
Forgive me if I sound stupid but I don't see the point of capping salaries if the position is only going to be around for another year. Unless any bonus you might received is added onto the regular wages and they want to get rid of large bonuses. Only reason I can think of is if a district has had an SM leave and they are trying to fill that spot for less than what they are currently paying SMs. Someone might take the SM position for a year, maybe a MGT?, especially if they can put it on their resume while they interview for a SM position elsewhere.

I wonder if the pay scale for SFLs was in place in Phoenix during the pilot or if people who were promoted to SFL got a raise regardless of their current wage.
qtyy

United States

#16 May 11, 2012
Yeah maybe
SM_Wag05

Columbia, TN

#17 Jun 25, 2012
There have been a couple of store managers called into the D.O. for "top secret" meetings. The MGR doesn't even know why. I'm going to take a long shot and say that this is what the secret is all about. I have yet to receive a phone call to set up an appointment, but I am preparing myself for it.
On a similar note: A couple of my closer MGR friends believe that they will eventually eliminate the MGR position once the new strategy is in place (2014) and ASMs are fully trained. The CLs will oversee several stores (similar to what they do now) with the ASMs taking care of day to day operations.
Everything is up in the air right now. My family has a plan just in case the company does decide to go in this direction.
disgusted

United States

#18 Jun 25, 2012
SM_Wag05 wrote:
There have been a couple of store managers called into the D.O. for "top secret" meetings. The MGR doesn't even know why. I'm going to take a long shot and say that this is what the secret is all about. I have yet to receive a phone call to set up an appointment, but I am preparing myself for it.
On a similar note: A couple of my closer MGR friends believe that they will eventually eliminate the MGR position once the new strategy is in place (2014) and ASMs are fully trained. The CLs will oversee several stores (similar to what they do now) with the ASMs taking care of day to day operations.
Everything is up in the air right now. My family has a plan just in case the company does decide to go in this direction.
Psst..the top secret meeting goes like this.. sm'sare taken to a sound proof room (to muffle the heavy bawling and sniffling).. then they are told of their future (no more job)..then a select few are given the option of a cashier job (only offered to few because only some are barely qualified for it)..the rest who unknowingly are standing on marked spot, plummet to their deaths once the dm presses a button.I heard the pile of carcasses is sold as horse manure.
Chill

United States

#19 Jun 25, 2012
SM_Wag05 wrote:
Relax dude. There is no plan to eliminate the MGR position. It's just a bunch of scared people making up stuff to feed each other more BS.

Good for you if you have a plan for two-years ahead. In two years, I'd be more worried about the company not being around than the store manager position being eliminated the way things are going

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#20 Jun 25, 2012
SM_Wag05 wrote:
You might want to check the Field Transformation section on Storenet. It used to have a timeline, description of position changes, frequently asked questions and a reference to the Phoenix pilot. People have said on this forum that things could vary depending on the district.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Store Format Coming Soon 3 min Wagmgr 21
Finally some GOOD news for store level employees 42 min Little Jimmy 13
MGR’s being forced to work full days on weekend... 45 min EXasm 28
Need advice 1 hr Tri 1
Unbelievable. This is the final straw. 5 hr Little Jimmy 9
SM cutting my hours 6 hr Mark Swagner 12
Walgreens HRA Contribution? 14 hr FLMgr 2
Manager Starting Rates Dropped $5,000 Sat Straxxton 29
More from around the web