WALGREENS Wants Your Numbers

WALGREENS Wants Your Numbers

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wags Dog

Sun Prairie, WI

#1 Dec 12, 2011
DO NOT give up your personal numbers to this company. There is a movement inside Corporate to gather this information on it's employees so the can regulate higher Insurance premiums based on your health Numbers like your Cholesterol, LDL Counts, if your a Diabetic,...on and on. Guess who's behind it Greg Wasson. For those that don't know he came from that Division working with HMO's. DO NOT TAKE there FREE money,..nothing from this company is FREE anymore.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 12, 2011
I dunno... one half of me wants to call you insane, the other half wants to agree with you.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 12, 2011
I'm lost.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 12, 2011
Smallkitten wrote:
I'm lost.
The new Walgreens health insurance has doubled (if not more) its deductible along with the premium you have to pay every paycheck.

However, if you go to a Walgreens clinic or your doctor and take a blood glucose, cholesterol test along with your weight and height etc. etc., they will give you a few hundred dollars back to go towards your deductible or pay cheaper premiums.
Its known as their know your numbers program, you go to the site, give them your test results and be contacted by some kind of health coach to teach you how to live healthier.

Thats the jist of it anyway, i'm very fuzzy on the details.
gnn

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Dec 13, 2011
Wags Dog wrote:
DO NOT give up your personal numbers to this company. There is a movement inside Corporate to gather this information on it's employees so the can regulate higher Insurance premiums based on your health Numbers like your Cholesterol, LDL Counts, if your a Diabetic,...on and on. Guess who's behind it Greg Wasson. For those that don't know he came from that Division working with HMO's. DO NOT TAKE there FREE money,..nothing from this company is FREE anymore.
I did not do it I knew there was a catch those things are private and they maybe brecking a hippa law.
gnn

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Dec 13, 2011
NiceThingsKitty wrote:
<quoted text>
The new Walgreens health insurance has doubled (if not more) its deductible along with the premium you have to pay every paycheck.
However, if you go to a Walgreens clinic or your doctor and take a blood glucose, cholesterol test along with your weight and height etc. etc., they will give you a few hundred dollars back to go towards your deductible or pay cheaper premiums.
Its known as their know your numbers program, you go to the site, give them your test results and be contacted by some kind of health coach to teach you how to live healthier.
Thats the jist of it anyway, i'm very fuzzy on the details.
Think again is it really as simple as that giving uo your private medical information ...then whats next.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Dec 13, 2011
This give me a lot of thinking to do, I know there's no way in hell that I'm healthy as a horse, but the thought that we can almost bring our health insurance to exactly the way it was last year just by giving away our health info...

My paperwork to do it came in the mail recently. Now I'm just not sure anymore.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8 Dec 13, 2011
Oh.
Sounds a bit too iffy to me, but I already have great health insurance of my own.
Besides i was told it doesn't cover vision and i have glasses. xD Wouldn't help me much anyway.
gnn

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9 Dec 13, 2011
NiceThingsKitty wrote:
This give me a lot of thinking to do, I know there's no way in hell that I'm healthy as a horse, but the thought that we can almost bring our health insurance to exactly the way it was last year just by giving away our health info...
My paperwork to do it came in the mail recently. Now I'm just not sure anymore.
I sorry but I am older and have been around and bells rang off in my head right away!!!
Texas Outlaw

Frisco, TX

#10 Dec 13, 2011
I agree with Wags Dog. Instead of giving them my numbers I just set aside a certain amount in the FSA acct. to accommodate my needs.My numbers are not bad, yet not the ones they want to hear. Many companies are doing this "know your numbers" crap, it is not just WAG. I do not even like having to get what meds I do take - at the store...because you know it then becomes knowledge to them all.
It is all about money.. not your so called health welfare...can you say BS ?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11 Dec 13, 2011
I once had a co-worker who would pick up their medication from the pharmacy during their shift, that person would then walk past me on the way to lunch, point at the bag and say... "This is my medicine so that I won't kill people."
I'm not joking! O_o

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#12 Dec 13, 2011
....Wow.
That's...
Wow.
At least they take it?
Diane

Tucson, AZ

#13 Dec 14, 2011
Texas Outlaw wrote:
I agree with Wags Dog. Instead of giving them my numbers I just set aside a certain amount in the FSA acct. to accommodate my needs.My numbers are not bad, yet not the ones they want to hear. Many companies are doing this "know your numbers" crap, it is not just WAG. I do not even like having to get what meds I do take - at the store...because you know it then becomes knowledge to them all.
It is all about money.. not your so called health welfare...can you say BS ?
Right on, Tex!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14 Dec 14, 2011
Smallkitten wrote:
....Wow.
That's...
Wow.
At least they take it?
Well, they were let go... Not for that reason, but for stealing. I heard they're in medical school now, on their way to become a pharmacy tech.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#15 Dec 14, 2011
Ahh.
That's what I don't get. Why steal and risk your job? I mean, even if you get paid dirt, you're still not making out any better really.-___- Some people.
wwww

South Elgin, IL

#16 Dec 17, 2011
There isn't any conspiracy - YOU give your numbers, because of HIPPA insurance company can't get them directly. You could very easily lie about your cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. The program is to help you get preventative care if you are hypertensive or pre diabetic. This is much cheaper than waiting until you have a heart attack or are full blown diabetic.
gnn

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17 Dec 18, 2011
wwww wrote:
There isn't any conspiracy - YOU give your numbers, because of HIPPA insurance company can't get them directly. You could very easily lie about your cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. The program is to help you get preventative care if you are hypertensive or pre diabetic. This is much cheaper than waiting until you have a heart attack or are full blown diabetic.
And then again they could get you on lying I would never condon that it could mean your job.
Texas Outlaw

Frisco, TX

#18 Dec 18, 2011
wwww wrote:
There isn't any conspiracy - YOU give your numbers, because of HIPPA insurance company can't get them directly. You could very easily lie about your cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. The program is to help you get preventative care if you are hypertensive or pre diabetic. This is much cheaper than waiting until you have a heart attack or are full blown diabetic.
I am sure there is a good motive behind the "know your numbers"..however.. having worked (some years ago) in another part of the "medical industry" ... I can assure you..without doubt... it is a conspiracy. Like all companies they want what is good for you..as long as it is BEST for them.Lie on them numbers and watch you life insurance to family be denied.
gnn

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19 Dec 18, 2011
Texas Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure there is a good motive behind the "know your numbers"..however.. having worked (some years ago) in another part of the "medical industry" ... I can assure you..without doubt... it is a conspiracy. Like all companies they want what is good for you..as long as it is BEST for them.Lie on them numbers and watch you life insurance to family be denied.
I 100% agree especially when money is involved...a account is set up for you so please do not lie have a medical proffessional give you your numbers.
Pharmacist for walgreens

United States

#20 Jan 10, 2012
Hate to say but you guys are all wrong. If someone has a disease like diabetes, htn, hyperlipidemia, etc, it is much cheaper to treat these diseases if caught early and safer for the patient. Walgreens decided to give a financial incentive to their employees to encourage them to check to see if they have these diseases. Unfortunately many Americans do not take care of themselves or visit their physicians for yearly check-ups. They wait until things go wrong and it is really expensive to fix. Hate to burst your bubble but all healthcare is moving in that direction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
June budget calls 13 min Cmon man 9
pilot stores florida 30 min WAG DA DOG 1
walgreens lawsuits: (Oct '06) 31 min rod 516
Dm interview 56 min Cheda_cheez 6
Compass about rx speedy express checkout 1 hr Whachutalkinboutw... 8
Asms looking for jobs 1 hr Cheda_cheez 10
In The Loop 1 hr SCMGR 15
Self service sales 2 hr idk 11
May budget Sun Jay Cutlers Bare ... 31