First Prev
of 2
Next Last
marty

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 2, 2013
Does anyone have the cliff notes version of the 1506 process?
FunnyHappenings

San Francisco, CA

#2 Jun 2, 2013
not really sure what the old procedure is but this is how my store does it

-scan everything in for claims

-it'll tell you where you need to put it (ignitables, toxic, UW:NA, trash, donate non-food/food, lab packer)

-put the items in seperate ziploc bags and individual boxes. you can put items with the same UPC in the same ziploc if space allows. If the bag is leaky, you need to double bag it.

-stuff that goes in the trash needs to be taken out of the wrapper/box.

-donations, you need to use your judgement of whether you can even donate it. there's boxes for food and non-food which you send out during warehouse day

-change the on hand quantity before you post

hope this helps
marty

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 2, 2013
Thanks buddy. Proof there is a helpful and knowlegeable side to topix.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4 Jun 2, 2013
if it's leaking or was leaking you also have to put spill magic in the first bag before you double bag.

also never reopen a ziploc bag after it's already been close.

if you want to donate expired food, you have to say it's shelf damage instead of expired on the Telxon and you can only donate before the 14th of each month.

also, always keep a lid on the totes. if you lose or misplace the lid, you are supposed to have to go get a new tote with a lid that can be closed.

“The Papers said I was Truant”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5 Jun 2, 2013
SO WHAT exactly happened in California to bring all of this about?
FunnyHappenings

San Francisco, CA

#6 Jun 2, 2013
donnelly pointed out some important things that i forgot to mention
FunnyHappenings

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jun 2, 2013
why? what was the old procedure like?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Jun 2, 2013
trash everything
Skittles

Concord, CA

#9 Jun 3, 2013
We have a lot of " hazardous waste" just thrown about in the trash bins. Only a matter of time before we get massive fines. No one follows the rules. Morons.

Since: Mar 13

Henderson, NV

#10 Jun 3, 2013
No don't have the version....
ovrwkdnundrpd

Austin, TX

#11 Jun 7, 2013
Just wondering why, the 1506 claims peeps are not contacting vendors for credit, especially when it comes to the amount of damaged items we get or at the least trying to return and get credit for items that did not sell. (ie all those gift set or toy items at christmas).

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#12 Jun 7, 2013
JTruant wrote:
SO WHAT exactly happened in California to bring all of this about?
Improper disposal of drugs. They found pills in DPI boxes haha.

“The Papers said I was Truant”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 7, 2013
RacingFan20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Improper disposal of drugs. They found pills in DPI boxes haha.
Who was looking thru DPI boxes? I thought those were supposed to be incinerated.
frank

Houston, TX

#14 Jun 9, 2013
New 1506 takes me about 45mins to 1hr depending on the day .. On weekend take me 1hr too many thief's ..and since in my area they still haven't pick up plastic totes .. We already used all 12 totes and starting to put big bags in bays now ...
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

#15 Jun 9, 2013
frank wrote:
New 1506 takes me about 45mins to 1hr depending on the day .. On weekend take me 1hr too many thief's ..and since in my area they still haven't pick up plastic totes .. We already used all 12 totes and starting to put big bags in bays now ...
Unless your locality (state, city, county, etc...) has some sort of pick up program our new 1506 process is virtually worthless as far as the "hazardous waste" is concerned.
Bam

Mesa, AZ

#16 Jun 9, 2013
ovrwkdnundrpd wrote:
Just wondering why, the 1506 claims peeps are not contacting vendors for credit, especially when it comes to the amount of damaged items we get or at the least trying to return and get credit for items that did not sell.(ie all those gift set or toy items at christmas).
they buy almost all vendor items "non guaranteed" because it's a cheaper cost.
Ryan

United States

#17 Jul 15, 2013
What exactly does lab packer mean? I don't remember anything in the ppl about lab packers. Is it a separate tote? Does it go with something specific? I get the rest of the program but when it says to put it in "Lab Packer" I'm never sure what to do with it.

TXA

Since: Aug 09

Houston, TX

#18 Jul 16, 2013
Big oversized ziploc bags that come in a box from the warehouse (I think). You use them to pack leaky items, chemicals, etc. before putting them in one of the marked totes.
Iseeherdoingit

Chicago, IL

#19 Jul 16, 2013
I work with someone who thinks it's easier to damage merchandise and toss it in 1506 than to put it up. I want to say something to my SM but she is buddy buddy with him and has worked for the company for decades.
Ryan

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jul 18, 2013
TXA wrote:
Big oversized ziploc bags that come in a box from the warehouse (I think). You use them to pack leaky items, chemicals, etc. before putting them in one of the marked totes.
Right, That part I know. But sometimes the telxon just says to sort it to "lab packer" but doesn't give a tote designation. I never know what to do when it just says "Must be put in Lab Packer".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Severance for CLs 31 min DPR not sharing c... 4
ASM to Store Manager promotion 39 min Asm 56
Walgreens RX staff gets additional bonus and raise 1 hr Rxm 14
Alert local media! 2 hr NO2nclr 1
Backbone of this Company 2 hr Carrot Top 15
Walgreens closing stores? (Dec '12) 3 hr GreenEyeShadedNer... 29
Dumpster Divers at Walgreens (Dec '13) 4 hr Carrot Top 14
What happens to the asmt 6 hr Bug 6
CL to DM promotion announced 13 hr Anon 176
The rich get richer.... Thu Anon 3