EXA to ASM automatically?

EXA to ASM automatically?

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

Muskrat

Rice, MN

#1 Mar 13, 2012
We were told yesterday that EXA's will have to reapply for the new ASM positions when the time comes. I see in several threads where it says they will transfer over automatically. Thoughts? I personally think they will be made to reapply to weed out the deadbeats.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 13, 2012
Either that or I think they will use an average review score or something like that. I can't see every EXA that I've worked with going into the ASM role...
PhotoPhanny

Wilbraham, MA

#3 Mar 13, 2012
Guess you need the deerfield millionaires dictionary to get their definition of "transition".. As used in the sentence" the exa position will be transitioned to the asm position by March 2013"

Location hidden

#4 Mar 13, 2012
If an MGT has to apply so should and will an EXA have to do the same. I highly doubt they will just keep one group of nimrods over the other. The only difference is that their will be more asm openings then asmt, so MGT's that are ready and up for promotion will be fighting the EXA for said position. Why do you think they are doing the ASM THEN the ASMT after?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Mar 13, 2012
I am wondering if being PTCB certified will play a role in becoming an ASM.
As is there was a push to implement a two year rule on all EXAs to become certified with the guarantee of demotion if not followed. As we have seen, this was not followed through.
wagexa

Des Moines, IA

#6 Mar 13, 2012
joeybutterfucco wrote:
If an MGT has to apply so should and will an EXA have to do the same. I highly doubt they will just keep one group of nimrods over the other. The only difference is that their will be more asm openings then asmt, so MGT's that are ready and up for promotion will be fighting the EXA for said position. Why do you think they are doing the ASM THEN the ASMT after?
I'm an exa, I had my script read to me yesterday. EXA's will move into the ASM position without reapplying or have a certain review score. I know there are "deadbeat" EXAs that will never become store managers, but the new ASM position is designed in such a way that it can be a permanent position. I wish it they couldn't just stay in that position as there are a lot of MGTs or even some STLs that I would rather see being EXAs than some of the current "deadbeats." Anyway, that's the facts. Hopefully they'll cut them out through tighter reviews rather than just letting them slide.
WagMGR

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 13, 2012
EXA's will be auto converted. Store managers have been told we have 1 year to either get bad exa's up to where they need to be or demoted to MGT. This is how bad EXA's will be weeded out beforehand.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 13, 2012
wagexa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an exa, I had my script read to me yesterday. EXA's will move into the ASM position without reapplying or have a certain review score. I know there are "deadbeat" EXAs that will never become store managers, but the new ASM position is designed in such a way that it can be a permanent position. I wish it they couldn't just stay in that position as there are a lot of MGTs or even some STLs that I would rather see being EXAs than some of the current "deadbeats." Anyway, that's the facts. Hopefully they'll cut them out through tighter reviews rather than just letting them slide.
Basically i agree, however reviews are due in a few months which in turn would technically and possibly narrow the field and honestly will free up positions in the ASM slot. Not too mention all the smug store managers doing corporates dirty work seem to not be worried about the fact that their days are numbered as well.

Location hidden

#9 Mar 13, 2012
WagMGR wrote:
EXA's will be auto converted. Store managers have been told we have 1 year to either get bad exa's up to where they need to be or demoted to MGT. This is how bad EXA's will be weeded out beforehand.
As i stated earlier...kind of hard to auto convert crap EXA's thus opening positions. One year will not straighten out most of the disgruntled and crappy EXA problem...sorry. I have seen way to many EXA/SM going at each others throats then i care to see ever again...so this will be very interesting to see how many really survive....wake up!

Arlington, TX

#10 Mar 14, 2012
The way I understood the script was EXA's will be automatically converted to ASM positions. The new asm position will be very similar to what the store manager does now, in terms of responsibilities and schedule requirements. That being said there are some EXA's who have the position because they were the best worker and that doesn't always mean they will be good Managers. So while they may initially hold the slot, there will be higher turnover at these positions the first few years also and still opportunity for deserving MGTs. But like alot of current assistants, unless I was confident in securing a ASM-T our ASM slot I would use the time looking for a new job. Remember Walgreens takes care of Walgreens, you do what is best for yourself and be professional about it. You will need a reference at some point and besides you decide how your character is built, not someone else.
RGV GIRL

Dallas, TX

#11 Oct 16, 2012
Now, in terms of responsibility, is it going to be old exa duties plus some store manager duties? Or does the asm just hang out in the office and doesn't help out in anything but write down task? Running a store with 1 sfl and exa. Store manager is out and other sfl is out as well. But so far in five days all my exa did was hang out in the office, and actually said that's his new roll. Just like a store manager.
Ya right

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Oct 16, 2012
If asm is supposed to do store manager duties, and chill in the office saying " whatever dude", then why do we need store managers? Beware store managers ( new outside sales team that is).
LarrySellars

United States

#13 Oct 24, 2012
What is the reference of the SM being the new outside sales team. I've heard rumors that they are phasing out store managers but I haven't heard of this

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#14 Oct 24, 2012
They will probably will for them to be certified. Quite are about that. Easy way to get rid of EXA who refused to become one.
Ted

United States

#15 Oct 26, 2012
:I am an EXA and was told that I would be converted over to ASM automatically. I've been thinking a lot about all the transitions taking place. I get the impression that most MGTs will not take the step down to the SFL. As a soon to be ASM, I wonder what kind of quality worker will I get for SFL? I do not believe my role will be to simply write notes for everyone else. A few years back, we converted Sims to the STL. Sims was told their role would not change except they would close once a week. What happened to that? I am also looking at the new PTO. It seems like a good plan IF employees won't abuse it. To me, the PTO will actually allow for more call offs with more days to use. What happens when its my weekend off and the SFL suddenly has a sick kid and can't make it in to close? Top that off with the rumors , which I believe to be true, of a pay cut. Any current EXAs have thoughts about this? Am I the only one thinking this could easily turn into a lot of hours and more work for less pay?
idoallthephotost uff

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Oct 26, 2012
Ted wrote:
:I am an EXA and was told that I would be converted over to ASM automatically. I've been thinking a lot about all the transitions taking place. I get the impression that most MGTs will not take the step down to the SFL. As a soon to be ASM, I wonder what kind of quality worker will I get for SFL? I do not believe my role will be to simply write notes for everyone else. A few years back, we converted Sims to the STL. Sims was told their role would not change except they would close once a week. What happened to that? I am also looking at the new PTO. It seems like a good plan IF employees won't abuse it. To me, the PTO will actually allow for more call offs with more days to use. What happens when its my weekend off and the SFL suddenly has a sick kid and can't make it in to close? Top that off with the rumors , which I believe to be true, of a pay cut. Any current EXAs have thoughts about this? Am I the only one thinking this could easily turn into a lot of hours and more work for less pay?
I'm definitely not an EXA, but from my view PTO was put into play to DISCOURAGE calling off. You have to earn your PTO throughout the year to use it. On top of that, you have incentive not to call off now, because you could be using those days for vacation days instead. In the old system, I know a lot of people would call off despite not being sick because otherwise their sick days would just sit there.

That being said, I can definitely see where the salaried employees experience a higher workload, but that's always been the case at Walgreens.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 26, 2012
Ted wrote:
You are correct about the abuse...Wags screwed up royally by changing the system. If sick days can be converted or used now for vacation then i basically have about 5 months i can take off. Who the hell is going to run the store when GOOD employees who never call out all of a sudden feel they are getting screwed and start using all this time that has already been earned. Not too mention if people do get pay cuts then they will use alot of time before that 90 day period is up to make sure all the days they saved up are payed at the highest current rate rather then getting screwed out of 3-4 bucks an hour times all the hours accrued for banked time.
thespaz

Livingston, AL

#18 Oct 26, 2012
Another great thing about the new PTO system is how it will draw in new employees. As a new employee you start earning pto time from day one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 3 hr Demerson 2,021
New shirts 3 hr Doesnt matter 7
SFL Pay 4 hr Ynnphr 14
overnight policy 8 hr Chambly 3
Walgreens does not care about your safety 8 hr Chambly 5
Lauren Hurst 18 hr brittneysfl 5
So it begins.. 21 hr Diane 43
Leaders Meeting Wed Wagyu 39
More from around the web