Let's make the customer stand in line...

Let's make the customer stand in line even longer.

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Photoguy

Mccleary, WA

#1 Feb 5, 2013
Got the word this morning. If a customer has a rewards card that did not provide an email address when they signed up, will be "encouraged " to provide one now. So, now we get to use the touch screen to type in somebodies cute 20 character email address into the system, while more & more customers get frustrated , wanting only to buy 2 or 3 items, have cash in hand, & wonder why it takes so long to check out. Better all practice calling out IC3, or getting from the stock room to register 2 on the double. What a bunch of corporate crap. Opinions from the worker bees?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Feb 5, 2013
Same old tune. Don't forget: They can't punish us all if none of us do it.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Feb 5, 2013
Not to mention 6/8 of my "next gen" registers went to a blank white screen this afternoon.

Customers are already POed with me asking for the card every time. If I have to ask for the email, they will just stop coming here. I just skip it.

Don't forget starting the 17th, 500pts for a new valid email! yippee. What's that like 50?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 6, 2013
Oh great. So now, we have to bug them again about it. When 90% hate spam with a passion.Here's to getting yelled at more.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Smallkitten wrote:
Oh great. So now, we have to bug them again about it. When 90% hate spam with a passion.Here's to getting yelled at more.
Yep. I brought that up on another post. First we have to bug them to sign up for card. Now we have to bug more for email address and "there will he consequences if we don't since they're keeping track", so I was told. Stupid corporate doesnt get that were just gonna piss customers off more than anything by bugging them constantly. I don't ask not do I keep track. If they want to terminate me for that then so be it. This is exactly my point in how ridiculous Walgreens is getting. I was always one of their best employees and now I just don't care anymore. All the changes are dumb.
wagslave

Harrison, NJ

#7 Feb 6, 2013
Have had so many loyal customers pissed off with the darn card. Two of my regulars have asked for scissors to cut them.
Photoguy

Mccleary, WA

#8 Feb 6, 2013
Mykids04 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I brought that up on another post. First we have to bug them to sign up for card. Now we have to bug more for email address and "there will he consequences if we don't since they're keeping track", so I was told. Stupid corporate doesnt get that were just gonna piss customers off more than anything by bugging them constantly. I don't ask not do I keep track. If they want to terminate me for that then so be it. This is exactly my point in how ridiculous Walgreens is getting. I was always one of their best employees and now I just don't care anymore. All the changes are dumb.
You hit it right on the head. Whoever is making those decisions at the corporate level has never worked the register for a second. If they ever did, they would face the rath of a tired single parent who is trying to shop in the hour they have between their first & second jobs. The customer just spent a long time waiting for a perscription that should have been ready yesterday, & now they have to wait in line to pay for their items, while we have to ask for unnecessary information from people who don't want to give that information out. I do not like the touch screens when it comes to entering info. I got permission from my manager to hook up keyboards to the system. I bought them with my own money, & it seems to speed up the process. At least my fellow workers thanked me for doing it. I always felt the people come up with these edicts should have to actually go to the workplace & implement them for a week of day/night shifts. In a perfect world...

Location hidden

#9 Feb 6, 2013
Photoguy wrote:
<quoted text>You hit it right on the head. Whoever is making those decisions at the corporate level has never worked the register for a second. If they ever did, they would face the rath of a tired single parent who is trying to shop in the hour they have between their first & second jobs. The customer just spent a long time waiting for a perscription that should have been ready yesterday, & now they have to wait in line to pay for their items, while we have to ask for unnecessary information from people who don't want to give that information out. I do not like the touch screens when it comes to entering info. I got permission from my manager to hook up keyboards to the system. I bought them with my own money, & it seems to speed up the process. At least my fellow workers thanked me for doing it. I always felt the people come up with these edicts should have to actually go to the workplace & implement them for a week of day/night shifts. In a perfect world...
Exactly!! They make us do these ridiculous things because they don't have too.
yep

Haslet, TX

#10 Feb 6, 2013
Photoguy wrote:
<quoted text>You hit it right on the head. Whoever is making those decisions at the corporate level has never worked the register for a second. If they ever did, they would face the rath of a tired single parent who is trying to shop in the hour they have between their first & second jobs. The customer just spent a long time waiting for a perscription that should have been ready yesterday, & now they have to wait in line to pay for their items, while we have to ask for unnecessary information from people who don't want to give that information out. I do not like the touch screens when it comes to entering info. I got permission from my manager to hook up keyboards to the system. I bought them with my own money, & it seems to speed up the process. At least my fellow workers thanked me for doing it. I always felt the people come up with these edicts should have to actually go to the workplace & implement them for a week of day/night shifts. In a perfect world...
Most customers are not that extreme. If you see a customer like that just skip the question and move on. This isn't really that big if a deal. Most customers are reasonable people.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Feb 6, 2013
Today my manager posted a sign at each register the states the customer will get $5 free if we fail to ask for their Balance Rewards card. Not only do we get to alienate EVERYBODY, but there's alot of money to be given away also.
Does anyone know when wASSon will go away?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12 Feb 6, 2013
I don't know about your stores, but mine has been down in sales ever since Balance Rewards rolled out.

And... I sure hope they designate some hours back to us on payroll with this push on adding e-mails to Balance Reward accounts because two front end employees and a manager doesn't cut it during the busy times.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#14 Feb 7, 2013
Some of you seem to have an obsession with blistering fast check out speeds. The percentage of customers who come into our store desiring to be checked out, at record setting speeds, is very low. Furthermore, those customers that do desire that kind of service, are probably some of our lowest spenders and least profitable customers.

Get over it and start recognizing who our base customers are. They are not the same miniscule percentage of customers that YOU personally identify with, which whine about speed.
Wagmgr

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 7, 2013
I respectfully disagree. I think most people want to get in and get out, myself included.

Also I know from working in the pharmacy (not that its hard to figure out) that people are very impatient...

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 7, 2013
disgovernment wrote:
Some of you seem to have an obsession with blistering fast check out speeds. The percentage of customers who come into our store desiring to be checked out, at record setting speeds, is very low. Furthermore, those customers that do desire that kind of service, are probably some of our lowest spenders and least profitable customers.
Get over it and start recognizing who our base customers are. They are not the same miniscule percentage of customers that YOU personally identify with, which whine about speed.
Alot of people come to Walgreens for the convenience, and the ads constantly focus on that one aspect. Alot of people don't want to stand in line at Wal-Mart or Safeway, so they stop at Walgreens for a quick in and out.
Unfortunately, the customers in my area have been coddled with such and they expect it. They get upset if they have to wait more than three minutes.
Photoguy

Shelton, WA

#17 Feb 7, 2013
Wagmgr wrote:
I respectfully disagree. I think most people want to get in and get out, myself included.
Also I know from working in the pharmacy (not that its hard to figure out) that people are very impatient...
I have been stocking on freight day in the pharmacy area, & I don't know how they keep their cool. They put up with so much verbal abuse from customers. If I were in pharmacy, I would last about 8 minutes before I came over the counter & beat one of them within an inch of their life with a fire extingushier. We had a gal that worked her way up from CKO to photo, then as a pharmacy tech. She took the classes, passed her tests, then had a bad day at work, with a multitude of cranky, bitchy customers. The last one was a woman who wanted to get her Oxy perscription refilled early. She claimed someone stole her pills, & even though it was not to be refilled for another 21 days, she demanded the refill now. When the tech explained why she could not do it, the lady called her a stupid c&%+t, & tried to come over the counter at her. That incident caused the tech to quit on the spot. We lost a good worker, & the company refused to do anything about it. Our manager told the customer she needed to transfer her perscriptions to another store, & not to come back to this store. Customer complained to corporate, & they apologized to her, then wrote up the manager for her part in the incident.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18 Feb 8, 2013
Anytime I have a problem in this company with a customer like that, I just drop 3 little words to upper management and amazingly they leave me alone. It goes something like this: "The customer was creating a HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT for the employee(s). As the store manager, I was required to correct the situation."
Texas Outlaw

Plano, TX

#19 Feb 8, 2013
Agree agree agree, our custoers do not want to wait even fr a spilt second. They will not wait for a reciept nor their change! Now I did and still get people to sign up for the card, but i am not going to waste time asking them for a email address...especially when ever there is a problem, they are told they can correct it on the site theirself. So, if they want to add their email address they can do it theirselves!
To top it all off, there is something wrong with the whole system of BR cards.to many people using any ole phone nbr. even if its not theirs...so what now what ask for ID ?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#20 Feb 8, 2013
This company is so out of touch with it stores. I cannot get someone that sits on a kiosk for four hours to type in an email address. What makes you think I can get some guy that just got off of work and wants a pack of smokes to signup for this stupid card?

I ask these idiots Do you have a card? yeah but not with me, I then say ok your total is. If corporate thinks I am going to ask people for an email address they can fire me on the spot and I could care less.
ynot

Johnson City, TN

#21 Feb 8, 2013
We are located in a small downtown, next to us is a building that employs approximately 300 people. They wander in in large groups and want to get checked out as fast as possible so they can get back to work before their breaks are over. True that they may not spend much on each visit, but these are repeat customers, nearly every single day, if we can manage to get them in and out fast enough. If we can't, there are plenty of other nearby places they can go to spend that $5 a day.
We used to be known for convenience and service. First corp cut all our hours so service suffers, and now we are working on eliminating the convenience. Why would a customer choose Walgreeens over some other competitor now?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#22 Feb 9, 2013
ynot wrote:
We are located in a small downtown, next to us is a building that employs approximately 300 people. They wander in in large groups and want to get checked out as fast as possible so they can get back to work before their breaks are over. True that they may not spend much on each visit, but these are repeat customers, nearly every single day, if we can manage to get them in and out fast enough. If we can't, there are plenty of other nearby places they can go to spend that $5 a day.
We used to be known for convenience and service. First corp cut all our hours so service suffers, and now we are working on eliminating the convenience. Why would a customer choose Walgreeens over some other competitor now?
you're absolutely right. I hope Walgreens burns to the ground like JCP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frontier project (Jun '15) 6 min rxtoday 246
Pto 24 min SCMGR 19
ASM-T Pay in Dallas Texas 2 hr Green 6
Drug test collector in the bathroom?! (Jul '12) 2 hr Darnell 46
DH "promotion" issues 2 hr Itdoesntmatter70 26
Crazy A** policies (Dec '13) 3 hr Dgbella 33
Are you really content??? 4 hr SCMGR 31
manager buy-out? 12 hr Former Sba 79
More from around the web