Sally

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Recently, I learned that I will be moving out of the area. There are several Walgreens nearby and I contacted the District supervisor and he forwarded the information to a pharmacy manager who said she would be able to accommodate my schedule.

However, my district is saying that I need documentation that says that my transfer was approved or else I will not be keeping my position.

I was hoping that my district would be helping me keep my job. But they seem intent to get rid of me well before I move. I am unsure how to approach the matter because I do not want to appear difficult and give them reason to fire me. This attitude is surprising because I have never been written up and am not a problem employee.

I e-mailed my district supervisor with the information of the people I spoke with at the other district.

Is there anyone else I should contact regarding this matter? Are they able to fire me while I am processing a transfer?

TXA

Since: Aug 09

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Is it the district office telling you this? If the store manager on both ends approved the transfer, seems like that would be all you would need since that's usually the major sticking point. Who is telling you this?

They can't fire you for requesting a transfer. Perhaps they don't want to lose you for some reason?
1 year contract

Macomb, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Transfer?, I'd be trying to get on with a different company.... Walgreens is going down the tubes....
Diane Hartman

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

1 year contract wrote:
Transfer?, I'd be trying to get on with a different company.... Walgreens is going down the tubes....
Right on!
sally

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Apparently, Walgreens is not allowing transfers in certain markets. The Southern California market is one of them. My transfer was approved verbally, but I did not have anything in writing.

Another store manager who is a "community leader" is requiring the documentation in order to keep my current position.

The day after I gave him the information of the store I was transferring to - I recieved a phone call from the pharmacy manager at that store. She said she would no longer be able to take me as a transfer. Now, they are talking about taking me off the schedule even though I am not moving for several months.

This company is a bunch of bullshit. I bet walmart treats their employees better.
Diane Hartman

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

sally wrote:
Apparently, Walgreens is not allowing transfers in certain markets. The Southern California market is one of them. My transfer was approved verbally, but I did not have anything in writing.
Another store manager who is a "community leader" is requiring the documentation in order to keep my current position.
The day after I gave him the information of the store I was transferring to - I recieved a phone call from the pharmacy manager at that store. She said she would no longer be able to take me as a transfer. Now, they are talking about taking me off the schedule even though I am not moving for several months.
This company is a bunch of bullshit. I bet walmart treats their employees better.
I bet Osama Bin Laden treats his people better!! I feel badly for you. They are really shooting themselves in the foot by their unethical behavior.
MGT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

My store manager has told me that he has been burned in the past by one or two transfers from outside the district so he longer approves transfers. That same month he said that, he accepted two out-of-state transfers and both seem promising. But, he is paying them more than they were being paid before (to keep them away from a competitor), now that associate things they are hot stuff and talking back to the managers. As far as something I would consider hairy is my manager told each one they he will not put them on the schedule or confirm with them their rate pay until they were physically moved here. I understand the hesitation but this means "technically" you had just quit Walgreens in hopes of a rehire. If I was moving and my 'new manager' said something like that to me then I would either not move or go look for another job. Good luck in this economy....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

147 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
address change 10 min Just a question 3
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 2 hr C Canada 979
Tax Inversion Myths 6 hr WallyWorldMGR 8
Manufacturer Coupon Return Policy? 9 hr ShiftyLeader-2014 4
Yearly review 12 hr livinginavan 19
Severance 12 hr John Redcorn 5
Phones 21 hr Northerner 6
only the beginning Mon El Rio 2
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... Sun WAG this 176