Mark Wagner's Blog
WalgreensDude

Denver, CO

#63 Aug 17, 2010
wow is right wrote:
I found this forum because I was looking for a way into Mark Wagner's blog from a non-Walgreens computer.
Mark Wagner's blog is behind the Walgreens firewall, you're not going to be able to access it remotely at all.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#64 Aug 17, 2010
COLI -Company Owne Life Insurance. Walgreens definitely had it when I worked there. I don't know if they still carry it. The insurance is carried on executives. The premise is if the executive dies, it will cost the company money due to market uncertainty. For example if the CEO suddenly dies. Most big corporations engage in this type of insurance.
john

Midlothian, IL

#65 Nov 7, 2010
what is up people

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#66 Nov 15, 2010
wag bitch wrote:
People who have been with the company more than 5 years....Isnt if funny how you can go from being so proud of the company you work for...to hating it and all its superiors in a short amount of time?
did anyone else notice that 2 weeks before "rewire" started we all had to sign a form saying we will not talk to union reps?
get out asap. before we loose all assitants, mgrs are making 40gs a year(like cvs) and stuck working 900 hours a month.
the company is going down the tube since kevin walgreens walked out on a meeting because he was pissed about how they were starting to treat employees. the last good vp the company had left.
as soon as i get a better job im quiting and boycotting the heartless bastards.
That is exactly my feeling.. I used to think that Walgreens was a good company. The kind that treats their employees well AND does well. I used to get excited about seeing the Walgreens logo everywhere. Now I just see us as something really cheap product masquerading as the real deal.
drunkWade

Santa Clara, CA

#67 Nov 15, 2010
where did you read about Kevin Walgreens walking out on a meeting? any links? I'd like to print out for my staff to read.
Txa

United States

#68 Nov 15, 2010
"That is exactly my feeling.. I used to think that Walgreens was a good company. The kind that treats their employees well AND does well. I used to get excited about seeing the Walgreens logo everywhere. Now I just see us as something really cheap product masquerading as the real deal."

So true! And sad...
mgtfla

Waterloo, Canada

#69 Nov 28, 2010
I hate the way the co. Is headed but thankful I I have a job the ot cut happened while I was deployed that sukked taking the cut from combat pay not just back to what I was used to but 10 to 15 hrs less wag is sukkin but atleast we all have jobs to bitch about o n fuck wagner If I said what I wanted to abbout him I'd be arrested if I met him in the desert hed be mia quick
vince polk

United States

#70 Jan 13, 2011
I also feel it'd who u know. My new thing is breaks being work time to. Why not cut from the top.?
The Four Way Test wrote:
I've been with the company for some time now. It seems that every time we get a new CEO things go from one extreme to another. Its been my experience that the District Mangers and Store Managers lack personality. No manager that I've worked for will go to bat for you. If it dose not benefit them they don't want to get involved.
It's every ones opinion, and it's who you know.
I'll be back with more!
Please Elaborate
vince polk

United States

#71 Jan 13, 2011
I just wonder why cut from ur workers. Ie asst lost 4 hours a week then stl work like asst but paid 10 an hour then exa work 50-60 hours but paid for 40 while corporate get weekends off, holiday pay no reduction in pay nor hours, but the one who do the work give it all back. Why not stop the bonuses to CEO and pay them salary. Cuz all they do is cut staff to save or raise prices. We do the work. Pay us we might work harder and better for u.
blondie

Philadelphia, PA

#72 Jan 19, 2011
WagPharm wrote:
<quoted text>The path our company is going down is going to KILL patients. Cutting hours in the pharmacy and making sure cosmetics is manned. Seriously!!! This company is a Pharmacy chain. We are known as the Pharmacy America trusts, not the pharmacy that gets it done in 15 minutes. If we want to be Walmart, lets change our name. Technicians are the safety barrier that we use to focus our efforts on verifying prescriptions, counseling patients and ensuring everything else is right. Instead they give us this stupid G2 scheduling that is always 2 weeks behind. Now we(pharmacists) have to focus on filling, running out and getting otc products, entering refill requests, drive thru etc.... Furthermore we probably waste 30 minutes a day reading stupid emails, an hour doing stupid (have to get done now) tasks, like counting bags, flavor totals, cleaning check lists. Ggive me another tech and I will spit polish the scales. How many trees do we kill a day with this crap. The new catch phrase is - This is My Walgreens. Well my Walgreens cares about service not speed, focuses on keeping employees happy, is honest about intentions doesn't try and break the very backbone that keeps this company afloat. Keep your employees safe and happy and I promise we will increase sales. As it is now we are so stressed out that there is no way we will ever provide the customer service you demand. So give us our Walgreens back, keep your Walmart that focuses on cleaning checklists, 50 emails a day, micro-managing. Does anybody else think it is crazy that we can take 30 minutes to do photes, but demand scripts in 15 minutes(you know the life saving stuff). Put Pharmacists back in charge of the Pharmacy. Someone with and MBA has no clue what it is like to hold 250 - 700 lives per day in there hands.
Btavo!! Well said!!
LEODRAGON76

United States

#73 May 15, 2011
WagSchmag wrote:
I've heard rumors about why Kevin Walgreen left the company. Anyone know why he returned? Just curious.
I have been with Walgreens 12 years,5 years as a assistant manager & I only make 31gs a year. I don't know of any assistant makeing over 32gs in my district.
Geraldo

Houston, TX

#74 May 15, 2011
LEODRAGON76 wrote:
<quoted text>I have been with Walgreens 12 years,5 years as a assistant manager & I only make 31gs a year. I don't know of any assistant makeing over 32gs in my district.
Is that after taxes??? Hec, I make at least 36,000 (not that I'm bragging) gross pay. And that's in a relatively low cost of living area.
LEODRAGON76

United States

#75 May 15, 2011
It is nice to know that Store Manager's & EXA's still get bonuses every year while the employee & assistant manager's who bust there ass and take the blunt of the work. I would like to know how walgreens permotes within because I have been with walgreens for 12 years while my EXA has been with walgreens for 5 years how is she my boss?
wag sad

Summerville, SC

#76 May 15, 2011
Geraldo that sounds just about right I do not know what is going on in Chicago but they are getting ripped off in the store for salary.
LEODRAGON76

United States

#77 May 15, 2011
LEODRAGON76 wrote:
It is nice to know that Store Manager's & EXA's still get bonuses every year while the employee & assistant manager's who bust there ass and take the blunt of the work. I would like to know how walgreens permotes within because I have been with walgreens for 12 years while my EXA has been with walgreens for 5 years how is she my boss?
After taxes
LEODRAGON76

United States

#78 May 15, 2011
Walgreens has been giving us 2 W2 Tax forms for the past 4 years some employees get 3 W2 Tax forms does anyone know why?
LeoDragon76

United States

#79 May 20, 2011
Laughing all the way wrote:
<quoted text>
If the EXA is good enough, the store manager can be an office manager. If the store manager has to work than the EXA sucks!!!
Yes that may be true but the store manager should do there part to, I ony know of 2 store managers that bust there ass with the employees. Your employee will only work as hard as the managers if the employees see the managers, especially the store manager not taking interest and working with the employees how can you expect the employees to.
Dave MGT

Kent, WA

#80 May 20, 2011
My store manager flatly told us that he would never face, stock shelves, or ring. After all, he's a store manager. This was only minutes after giving us a lame "teamwork" speech.
wag sad

Summerville, SC

#81 May 20, 2011
My store manager stocks and rings the register and with no attitude either.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#82 May 20, 2011
LeoDragon76 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes that may be true but the store manager should do there part to, I ony know of 2 store managers that bust there ass with the employees. Your employee will only work as hard as the managers if the employees see the managers, especially the store manager not taking interest and working with the employees how can you expect the employees to.
Look, a store manager should not have to do as much manual labor as a clerk. He/she is the store manager. They should be doing scheduling, ordering, training, and delegating what needs to be done.

If a store manager is out there ringing, and filling shelves, what's the clerks and other management staff for? They are paying him $60K+ for ringing and stocking? What's the point?

And for those who complain they've been there for "x" amount of years and don't get promoted, most likely you do not show any management qualities to get you noticed.

Filling shelves quickly does not qualify for management. Ringing quickly does not qualify for management. Making nice endstands does not qualify for management. Working a certain amount of years does not mean you are automatically qualified for management.

Management needs a balance of not just hard work, but the ability to run the entire stoer. The ability to manage a range of employees with different strengths and weaknesses. The ability to teach and discipline. The ability to solve problems and handle difficult situations. The ability to communicate clearly and effectively. The ability to show leadership, guidance and be a mentor to others. And of course, they should be competent in filling shelves, coolers, and stuff like that.

I've seen many dumba$$es promoted because they could do a FEW of the things I mentioned, but they will always have an underperforming store. Either the sales will suffer or the employees will not be well trained, or not behave, etc, etc...

So if you are upset you have someone younger than you as a manager, ask yourself, do you REALLY have what it takes to manage? Or do you think you deserve it just because you've done a few years busting your butt stocking shelves.

I've been an EXA for 8 years. I was promoted to EXA 1 year after being hired as an MGT. I know some who's been promoted to EXA after 6 months, then to store manager in another year. Am I mad at them? Do I think I know more than they do? NO! Definetly not. They had the drive and the determination and I've been to their stores and their hard work shows. Could I have done better myself. Yes, but we all have our own personal problems once in a while and there's nobody to blame but ourselves if you're man enough to do so.

I'm not saying this is set in stone, but it is generally the way it is in my opinion. Of course there are always exceptions so don't go giving me examples of such because there's always exceptions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
asm-t 3 hr Evie 3
Who is Supposed to Clean Restrooms at Your Store? 3 hr WWID 35
Kylie Jenner Nail Polish 4 hr Evie 3
My voice survey 5 hr WBAUnethical-Nonc... 23
Oh come on - those survey statements were hilar... 5 hr WBAUnethical-Nonc... 9
Highest Evaluation? (Jun '13) 7 hr Donald J Trump 54
Dress Code, Hair, Piercing Policy? (Oct '12) 8 hr LogicZer0 59
Asm position going away Wed Wesley 108
Beauty 2000 remodel Wed soapy glory 76
New budgets Wed scmgr 33