Larry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

They have listed all Former MGTs as store leaders . Any word on the paycuts?
Larry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Oh,they are grouped together with the Shift Leads
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

It's been like that on the scheduling system for at least 3/4 of a year now.
Larry

Scottdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Oh ok, our new schedule is in a different format. It lists everyone in groups by position. Photo, cosmetics, store leaders, etc..
It didn't used to be grouped like that so I never noticed the titling

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

You can print it out by employee name or print it out by department. Whoever does your scheduling likely changed to print it out by department.
Larry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Ok ok, I work in pharmacy so I don't know much about the store scheduling. We talked with the Assistants today and they think they will be given the option to take the paycut after the ASMTs are selected in April. It's only a $3 per hour a difference here so no big deal.
so over this

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Our Dm and cl are pushing all associates that qualify for the asm-t to apply,pushing hard,wonder why?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Its been like that for quite a while now. We've all been "store leadership" or LDR sinece last summer

And I bet its to easily find out who doesnt make the cut so they can be eliminated thru the GROW process
Welcome2Walgreen s

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

A $3.00 per hour pay cut is huge for anyone. I am wishing I could opt out of my insurance coverage now. I see all the money sucked out of my check and then
I never use it. I do not have needs over $1000.00 a year. Insurance
payments could go to a bill or two.

I am sorry for pay cuts, I know many of you work very hard and for years. I thought we were breezing past this economic disaster , every thing seemed to go down hill when we lost Express Scripts and the Military Scripts.

Walgreens needs to grow and make money but it is hard to adjust when we knew what it used to be like. A job at Walgreens used to mean we could eat , live and work up through the ranks to even better pay.

I used to make $9.00 per hour while in High School working a steakhouse.
Wages have not increased with the cost of living. I started Walgreens many many years ago at $9.00. Not adding up, pay now in 2013.
MGTonsauce

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

At this point opting out would be pointless. You cant until next year. By next year the 2400 dollar tax will make it worth while if you are single,
Welcome2Walgreen s

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

My pay is not $9.00 per hour now, but for clerks to make less seems too little.
20 years ago I payed 9000 for a new car. Cannot do that today.
ShareWalgreens

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

That's the problem with the economy. You could live on 9.00/hr 20 years ago, now you can't. These days you can barely stay afloat on 20/hr.. I don't think this problem can be fixed. I'll be surprised if the economy hasn't collapsed in 10 years

Repubs and Dems both promise jobs, but what good are they if the pay isn't enough to stay afloat.
mmhae

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Larry wrote:
Ok ok, I work in pharmacy so I don't know much about the store scheduling. We talked with the Assistants today and they think they will be given the option to take the paycut after the ASMTs are selected in April. It's only a $3 per hour a difference here so no big deal.
ONLY? Seriously you think that's not going to affect someone's life.$3 an hour is a huge cut considering no one has had any increase for years. You sir have your head buried in the clouds if you don't think that this is going to hurt someone.
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

mmhae wrote:
<quoted text>
ONLY? Seriously you think that's not going to affect someone's life.$3 an hour is a huge cut considering no one has had any increase for years. You sir have your head buried in the clouds if you don't think that this is going to hurt someone.
Exactly! And it's not like it's $3 an hour. It's more like $4 an hour for the good majority of MGTs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
writing everybody up 23 min comment 6
If Walgreen Co. moves its HQ to Europe, blame W... 27 min wagrph 2
self reviews 4 hr Biff 14
Insider selling 6 hr ShiftyLeader-2014 7
EEOC lawsuit on behalf of diabetic Walgreen emp... 7 hr livinginavan 27
asmt interview (Mar '13) 13 hr wagornot 385
pharmacy license with dui? (May '12) 17 hr SarahBear 27
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... Thu greenfree 61
•••