Dea investigating 6 walgreens in Flor...

Dea investigating 6 walgreens in Florida

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

Beach

Des Plaines, IL

#1 Apr 6, 2012
Walgreens being accused by dea as greedy. You think??

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 6, 2012
and also cardinal is being investigated for processing orders for cvs and walgreens for extreme amounts of controlled narcotics. i believe the cardinal facility is banned from processing sales of controls in florida, i may be wrong but rather sure i heard that.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Apr 6, 2012
Did Rush Limbaugh go on a shopping spree at wag?:)
ThickGlasses

Apache Junction, AZ

#4 Apr 6, 2012
New policy is to fill shady scripts and not report forgeries. "We need to think about profit first" is what I've been told. Well, someone's a$$ just hit the frying pan in FL.

Location hidden

#5 Apr 6, 2012
If you had a copy of an email stating that I would love to see that.
RPH's have been told verbally to simply not fill forgeries and not report them, I do know that for fact. Never have seen anything in writing.
ThickGlasses

Apache Junction, AZ

#6 Apr 6, 2012
If I had a copy of the email, what would you do with it? Nothing. Same thing that I would do with it. I need the job. I should retract my "policy" wording. It was meant to be sarcastic.
Flag

Metairie, LA

#7 Apr 6, 2012
Filling that crap is not worth the license you worked hard for. To hell with the job. You can get another one, but you may not get your license back.

Location hidden

#8 Apr 6, 2012
i would actually present that to the state board

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#9 Apr 7, 2012
Yea the state board and the police.
Flag

Metairie, LA

#10 Apr 7, 2012
State Board, State Trooper Narcotics Division, and DEA...And ignore the "policy" . A Walgreens DM sits on our Board, which should be against state law, and Walgreens never gets in trouble. CVS's and independents are the ones caught. Anyone in LA? Complain. The more the merrier. I'd love to see how he squirms his way out of this if this is the new "policy" here.
Malaise

Huntsville, AL

#11 Apr 8, 2012
Flag wrote:
State Board, State Trooper Narcotics Division, and DEA...And ignore the "policy" . A Walgreens DM sits on our Board, which should be against state law, and Walgreens never gets in trouble. CVS's and independents are the ones caught. Anyone in LA? Complain. The more the merrier. I'd love to see how he squirms his way out of this if this is the new "policy" here.
Independent pharmacy owners sit on state boards all the time. You don't think they try to influence decisions that protect their interests?
Flag

United States

#12 Apr 8, 2012
Malaise wrote:
<quoted text>
Independent pharmacy owners sit on state boards all the time. You don't think they try to influence decisions that protect their interests?
They don't manage multiple stores like Walgreens.
Malaise

Courtland, AL

#13 Apr 8, 2012
Flag wrote:
<quoted text>They don't manage multiple stores like Walgreens.
Even if that were true all the time, it is still irrelevant. Independent owner in my area has 4 pharmacies.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#15 Apr 8, 2012
I actually have spoken to an investigator in my area about the over prescribing of oxycodone in our area. They were in picking up fraudulent scrips we caught and I started talking to them on how the prescribing practices of this area has changed.

We are starting to implement some changes (verify large quantity oxycodone 15 and 30), no early refills on controls, and hopefully have access to the states database to screen poly-pharmacy and doctor shopping.

The pain clinics in our area are starting shift people to non-oxycodone alternatives. We are doing our best filling legit prescriptions, but what do you do when you see local MD who prescribe normal stuff and who also write these RX?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#16 Apr 9, 2012
The problem is the doctors are writing legit scripts in the technical sense, ie. they are dated, for normal quantities and are not altered. BUT a lot of these doctors are not seeing patients they have an actual relationship with, they just take a payment to write a script for pain meds and that is the extent of their relationship. There are doctors who will just write a script for Oxy for $500. It's a win for the doc because they make a ton of quick money and it will take years before anyone strips their license, and the "patients" don't mind forking over the money because they are just reselling the pills for $30 each anyways. In most cases they have state Medicaid cover most of the pain meds that they abuse/resell.

What Walgreens should really do is triple the cost of oxycontin. Abusers will pay any price, and it would still be cheaper than buying it on the streets.
RPh

Clover, SC

#17 Apr 9, 2012
Flag wrote:
Who do you suggest sits on the board of pharmacy who in my state is required to be 7/8 pharmacists? Lets get 3 crackheads, a Preacher, an STL, and 2 cashiers to do it! They know tons about pharmacy.
nonofurbiz

United States

#18 Jun 12, 2013
its just another thing big brother wants to tax! lets see big brother try to get or hold a job n try to n detox! u think any sting of bails of weed or kilos of coke get accurately reported or turned in. yea rite!
nonofurbiz

United States

#19 Jun 12, 2013
wheres the laws on price gauging?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
simplified store 1 hr Sigh 115
RX / Day 4 hr 744g fui j 5
Ice Cream and yes iys all scream 6 hr Buddy 13
Older Service Clerk 9 hr Really 43
Asm's and Sm's only- thoughts on scheduling EVE... 13 hr mee2 32
I hate my job at Walgreens (Dec '12) 14 hr mee2 155
Walgreens just removed an open position from th... 22 hr SMH 6
Managers 22 hr AskingAllTheQuest... 22
More from around the web