Is The Divorce Rate High At Walgreens

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#1 Apr 27, 2013
I am new in administrative part of the company. I work at corporate office in Chicagoland. This is my first week and I have heard thing that are alarming. I know most companies require more and more from their employees, but I heard Walgreens "wants your marriage and your soul" as my new co-worker put it. I asked her what she meant and she told me stories of a top down drive for productivity that breaks up couples. She said there is the marrage before walgreens an then there is the second marraige to a fellow employee after. Please shed some light on this. Be nice I'm new :)

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 Apr 27, 2013
I would donate money if someone were to study the divorce rates of retail companies. Would be pretty interesting to see if there are any correlations between company culture and employees family life.

And I guess entry level corporate life at Walgreens isnt much different than store level from what I gather
here

Euless, TX

#3 Apr 27, 2013
new2company wrote:
I am new in administrative part of the company. I work at corporate office in Chicagoland. This is my first week and I have heard thing that are alarming. I know most companies require more and more from their employees, but I heard Walgreens "wants your marriage and your soul" as my new co-worker put it. I asked her what she meant and she told me stories of a top down drive for productivity that breaks up couples. She said there is the marrage before walgreens an then there is the second marraige to a fellow employee after. Please shed some light on this. Be nice I'm new :)
You are not new. You are just trying to cause problems.

Location hidden

#4 Apr 27, 2013
Not my intention at all "Here". I agree wag007. Thank you for your comment.

Location hidden

#5 Apr 27, 2013
new2company wrote:
you have guts lol. Most of us don't talk to corporate Walgreens. they are the ones driving this company to hell.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#6 Apr 27, 2013
Can't speak for anyone else, but mine is a casualty. Not saying WAG is responsible but the hrs worked didn't make things easier....

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#7 Apr 28, 2013
I've heard some of the SMs/CLs in my district have a bad family life and rather be working than spending time with their family.
For me, family comes first. I refuse to let my job carry over into my personal life. With that said, I am perfectly content with just being a photo tech and not moving up in this life-sucking company. It pays the mortgage and bills, so I'm happy. There are a ton of things to love more than a company like Walgreens.
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#8 Apr 28, 2013
I don't know about WAG, but I was talking to a UPS driver back in the day. He showed me a study that Mall UPS delivery drivers have about a 65% divorce rate.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 28, 2013
I do have the hots for the Frito Lay girl, so I could be in some trouble.
conjecture

Chicago, IL

#10 Apr 28, 2013
Divorce rates overall are on the rise. I have seen studies done that pertain to religious beliefs but have not seen ones that deal with retail or any other job. Interestingly enough, atheists seem to have a lower rate of divorce compared with believers with protestants having the highest divorce rates. Maybe there are a lot of protestant walgreens employees? I think it is quite a stretch to blame walgreens for higher divorce rates, or that there is a corporate plot to encourage it. After all, it is more work for the HR dept to deal with child support payment deductions from the check and all the other hoo ha that comes with a complicated divorce. The coworker who told you this must be disgruntled or trying to see how you react to negative information. Either way, it doesn't make much difference at the end of the day. IF the rates are higher with Wags, the same could be said of our competitor and many other retail enviornments. Wags is not always the bad guy. Most of the time, but not always.
thespaz

Kelseyville, CA

#11 Apr 29, 2013
I guess crap brown colored uniforms turn the mall hotties on.
equaltemp

Derry, NH

#13 Jun 2, 2013
Walgreen's has absolutely nothing to do with high divorce rates. The claim is absurd. It's you and your spouse that determine the strength(or the weakness)of your marriage. You have(or should have)total control over your own life. Walgreen's can effect your marriage only if you allow it to.
Pharmdeee

Columbia, SC

#14 Jun 3, 2013
This company is so terrible; vote with your feet: Everybody should just resign and work somewhere else!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christmas hours 7 min beentheredonethat 34
community event pay 14 min beentheredonethat 4
PAR program 1 hr Altec Lansing 3
2015 healthcare premium sticker shock 5 hr benfranklin 52
blue cross versus united healthcare any suggest... 6 hr Altec Lansing 13
Get demoted if you don't have 32 hours 6 hr Ssj4wag 7
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 8 hr I-hate -wag 1,147
MMM gone? Sun Boop 8
Store manager transitions Sep 27 Mark douche Wagner 2

Walgreens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE