Rx lunch
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Red

United States

#1 Oct 9, 2012
Why the hell do rx staff goes to lunch at such busy hours and then call ic3. I refuse to go back there and the sm talk to me. Now I go back there and don't do my list. Sm ask and I have a great excuse. Rx is busy lmao.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 9, 2012
We have already agreed in previous posts they get paid too much to have a lunch....thread closed.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Oct 9, 2012
They get lunches.....most of them just stay in the pharmacy.........
chip

Kansas City, MO

#4 Oct 9, 2012
Itdoesntmatter70 wrote:
They get lunches.....most of them just stay in the pharmacy.........
And work thru them

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 9, 2012
Bring you concern to your store manager in a logical and respectful manner. Not sure what making this thread is going to do for you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#6 Oct 9, 2012
Exactly....thread closed.
gonebabygone

Urich, MO

#7 Oct 9, 2012
why do they need lunches??..they just swipe bottles in front of some camera and throw them in a basket for soemone else to put away....those people in the distribution center can do that..and the rx always has food spreads in the back--they are always cramming food in their pieholes..have you seen the staffs in pharmacy lately??...2 words---weight watchers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Really??? I have to snack through my shift because we are an extremely busy 24 hour store. I actually do work out. I need at least 220 grams of protein a day and other nutritional needs that will take time to explain. So I gotta snack and drink my shakes in between customers and then have decent meal for lunch for about 20 minutes. I do need my lunch. Don't just be ignorant and assume all pharmacists are lazy.
chip

Kansas City, MO

#9 Oct 9, 2012
gonebabygone wrote:
why do they need lunches??..they just swipe bottles in front of some camera and throw them in a basket for soemone else to put away....those people in the distribution center can do that..and the rx always has food spreads in the back--they are always cramming food in their pieholes..have you seen the staffs in pharmacy lately??...2 words---weight watchers
We Dont swipe them in front of cameras. Lol you have no clue what you are talking about.
WaGEXA

Eugene, OR

#10 Oct 9, 2012
The pharmacy is easily the most stressful part of the store. I challenge any front-end employee to work the counter area for 15 minutes during the evening rush. You will appreciate the work these technicians/pharmacists put in on a daily basis.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11 Oct 10, 2012
Oh heck no. I wouldn't trade front end for busy rx. I've seen them get slammed all day before.

“The Papers said I was Truant”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#12 Oct 10, 2012
Why do labor laws exist?

Because people need breaks.

Look at child labor laws. Not "necessary," yet prodding humanity towards better treatment.

PREEMPTIVE REPLY: No, people won't die without breaks. That doesn't make breaks unnecessary. Nor does it make people "lazy" to ask for a brief break in the middle of a long workload. Yes, there are people who would gladly work all day without a break. Doesn't mean that everyone else should be expected to do the same.

Was everyone in school expected to follow the same strict homework standards of the most successful student? No. Just because one person refused any leniency in dealing with themselves doesn't mean everyone else should be forced to the same.
gonebabygone

United States

#13 Oct 10, 2012
WaGEXA wrote:
The pharmacy is easily the most stressful part of the store. I challenge any front-end employee to work the counter area for 15 minutes during the evening rush. You will appreciate the work these technicians/pharmacists put in on a daily basis.
stressed??..in eugene oregon..cmon, there's just goats and tumbleweeds there..biggest stress there is probably somebody double parking their horse out front..right??!
gonebabygone

United States

#14 Oct 10, 2012
just throw a few pills back and wash them down with some of that codeine cough syrup and youll be good to go!!
not me

Laurens, SC

#15 Oct 10, 2012
Are you serious? Do you really think they do not deserve a lunch because "all they do is throw pills in a bottle?"

I have worked in the pharmacy as the only tech on the 1st of the month (worst time to work in RX) and am constantly helping back there when needed.

My PX is not a hugely busy one but we only have one So, why do you deserve a lunch? because you push around a cart and put away totes? Oh wait, RX does that, too...
Maybe it's because you listen to customer complaints...wait, RX does that, too....

Hmmm, they have to be careful to make sure the tech gets the right meds into the right bottles, putting each life into their hands to make sure their meds are safe. Then (if they are a good pharmacist, which ours is, they check to make sure there is no interaction with the other meds that patient is on.

Good lord, why on Earth would they deserve a lunch? Get over it already!
gonebabygone

United States

#16 Oct 10, 2012
exas and mgts don't always get lunches and we are stressed out as well..and i am tired hearing about how careful rxs are about checking this and that..nobodys gonna die from mixing a few pills..and the majority dont go out of their way to help the customers..god forbid they actually leave the confort of the cave...sorry to burst your bubble but a big majority of pharmers are like the majority of the workforce--just going to work to do the minimum and get paid and go home..try not to overglorify a job that just puts pills in bottles...just remmeber most of the meds created are byproducts of other meds created specifically to treat some problem..the drug companies are over medicating america---you have to prescribe one pill and ten others to remedy the side effects from other pills....
gonebabygone

United States

#17 Oct 10, 2012
i guess what i was trying to say is that i am tired of pharmacists acting like they are saving lives, you guys are just highly paid cogs in the machine providing over medication to people who would probably be fine without them in the first place. the propaganda from drug companies cause people to overthink their sicknesses and turn straight to some miracle cure in the form of some pill.
chip

Kansas City, MO

#18 Oct 10, 2012
gonebabygone wrote:
... over medication to people who would probably be fine without them in the first place. the propaganda from drug companies cause people to overthink their sicknesses and turn straight to some miracle cure in the form of some pill.
You are showing your stupidity. No wonder you are jealous of the pharmacist. Let me guess, you tried to get in, couldn't, then started to hole resentment to those who did.
Solomon

Elmhurst, IL

#19 Oct 10, 2012
I worked as a pharmacy technician for almost 3 years (promoted to SFL almost 2 months ago) and I find it disrespectful that people think RX staff do not need breaks or lunches. I agree with other people that most cannot stand behind the counter for 15 minutes at busy times. It might not be challenging physically, but it is mentally, because of the many problems that can arise (insurance problems, dealing with angry customers that don't understand their insurance policy, questioning prescriptions by calling MD offices, corporate people using your main computer and throws off everything etc.).

I worked through my lunches everyday because I was the only competent one in the mornings and days to type, fill, sell and many other things (the senior tech comes in at 4pm). I only had one other person with me shift, but they mostly serve as a cashier, and we're a 280+ RX store.

What I DO agree with is that the business model Walgreens tries to put brick and mortar at every corner and have a couple of RPh being paid 90+ is an inefficient one. I do agree that every RPH does deserve their full pay, but that's one of the reasons why some services are expensive, and I know a couple of pharmacists that are uncomfortable of the newer duties corporate is "pushing" on them so that those services become other constant revenue streams.
mgt

Northbridge, MA

#20 Oct 10, 2012
Gonebabygone either get off of whatever drugs u r on...or if you r not on any please get on some....wako

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leaders Meeting 1 min Wagyu 41
So it begins.. 20 min Itdoesntmatter70 45
No in-store flyers for August! 28 min Itdoesntmatter70 3
asm 1 hr SFLfutureDM 13
New shirts 8 hr Wags411 10
overnight policy 10 hr Sengalong 9
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... (Mar '14) 14 hr WAG this 380
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) Jul 30 Demerson 2,021
More from around the web