dm tells employee what os beat foe employees child

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

anon

Boston, MA

#1 Dec 3, 2012
so my wife put in for a transfer hundreds of miles away.... Finally after three months of neglecting the request, the dm said it wouldn't be the best thing for our child....

As a dm, Is it appropriate to state to an employee what is best/not best for the employees child?

Should they be giving such advice?
hpk47

Boston, MA

#2 Dec 3, 2012
That doesn't sound right to me.
No drama please

Austin, TX

#3 Dec 3, 2012
Where do they find these people?
SellWAG

United States

#4 Dec 3, 2012
I beat foe child errday. Do you got a prollem wif dat? Honky mahfahs say we don't be Beatin childs, I got foe, I gonna beat all foe.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5 Dec 3, 2012
Do you really need to ask if that is an appropriate response?
WAG this

Marion, IN

#6 Dec 3, 2012
If that actually happened, the employee hotline should be called.
Why do you hate spelling

Bellwood, IL

#7 Dec 3, 2012
Read the title of your post on this blog and nearly cried thinking about how you get by in life with the responsibility of a child also.
The dictionary is calling and it wants you to pick one up and use it for a change. Please do it for your child's sake!
hpk47

Wellesley, MA

#8 Dec 5, 2012
Why do you hate spelling wrote:
Read the title of your post on this blog and nearly cried thinking about how you get by in life with the responsibility of a child also.
The dictionary is calling and it wants you to pick one up and use it for a change. Please do it for your child's sake!
It was Autotext you idiot. Anyone with half a brain would have seen that and understood what was trying to be said.
hpk47

Wellesley, MA

#9 Dec 5, 2012
WAG this wrote:
If that actually happened, the employee hotline should be called.
And what is the complaint to the hotline?
hpk47

Wellesley, MA

#10 Dec 5, 2012
This should read dm tells employee what is best for employees child.

“The Papers said I was Truant”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#11 Dec 5, 2012
hpk47 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Autotext you idiot. Anyone with half a brain would have seen that and understood what was trying to be said.
Any most people would read the title before clicking submit, instead of just pressing buttons without looking at what's happening.
WAG this

Marion, IN

#12 Dec 6, 2012
hpk47 wrote:
<quoted text>And what is the complaint to the hotline?
How about "my transfer is being denied by the DM because he doesn't think it's in the best interest of my child. It's none of his business and seriously crosses a line leaving Walgreens open to legal action." Do you need to be spoon fed everything?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13 Dec 6, 2012
I'm not a lawyer. Not that it would matter anyway, since every one interprets the law differently. However, I can't think of any law that this breaks. Companies have no requirement to transfer employees legally.

Secondly, it can't be assumed that the DM said that he/she wasn't approving the transfer because of the kids. What if the conversation went something like: "I'm sorry, the transfer can't be approved because the other location does not need you and/or does not want you. And anyway, have you thought about how such a move might affect your lives and your children's lives?" That conversation could easily be interpreted by someone, incorrectly, that the transfer was refused because of the kid issue.

I'm having a hard time seeing how a judge or a court would find fault with a store manager for expressing concern about someone's children, WHETHER OR NOT anyone thinks it is relevant.

For the record, I don't think it's relevant, but I'm just saying...
WAG this

Marion, IN

#14 Dec 6, 2012
disgovernment wrote:
I'm not a lawyer. Not that it would matter anyway, since every one interprets the law differently. However, I can't think of any law that this breaks. Companies have no requirement to transfer employees legally.

Secondly, it can't be assumed that the DM said that he/she wasn't approving the transfer because of the kids. What if the conversation went something like: "I'm sorry, the transfer can't be approved because the other location does not need you and/or does not want you. And anyway, have you thought about how such a move might affect your lives and your children's lives?" That conversation could easily be interpreted by someone, incorrectly, that the transfer was refused because of the kid issue.

I'm having a hard time seeing how a judge or a court would find fault with a store manager for expressing concern about someone's children, WHETHER OR NOT anyone thinks it is relevant.

For the record, I don't think it's relevant, but I'm just saying...
I agree that this is probably how the conversation went, but that's not how the poster presented it. If it indeed went the way of the post, Wag hotline should be notified.
gonebabygone

Wheaton, IL

#15 Dec 6, 2012
if i was the dm i would have approved your transfer..maybe the babysitter or whoever would be watching your kid will teach it how to spell correctly and speak constructing proper sentences and that way your child would be able to move out of the trailer park and get away from redneck-ville and live a productive life..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... (Mar '14) 10 min MVPgobyebye 308
Snowstorm or not, east better keep those stores... 11 min Nostradumbass 1
Very Interesting read, especially how they tre... 15 min Nostradumbass 5
CA Missed Meal Penalty 58 min Calilunch 7
Should shareholder employees hold wassonteam ac... 3 hr Phill 10
Who makes more money DM or RX supervisor 7 hr Dumb kid 3
grossly inflated cost of employer healthcare W-2 13 hr JTruant 6
WAG Rx Supervisor Position is Eliminated Feb 1st 20 hr Scared and alone 66
Walgreens grants billionaire interim CEO $7M in... Sun Phill 14
More from around the web