Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

What do you guys think about this? Just got the email...
----------
Open Enrollment is right around the corner, and Walgreens has some big and exciting benefits changes planned for 2014.
What’s Changing?
New this year, you’ll enroll for your medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage through the Live Well Benefits Store, a Corporate Health Exchange powered by Aon Hewitt, instead of the benefits enrollment site you used in the past.
Securing coverage this year will be more important than ever, because new federal requirements, pertaining to the government’s Affordable Care Act (ACA), are being introduced at the national level. The ACA, which goes into effect on January 1, 2014, requires that most Americans carry health insurance. This means that if you aren’t getting your medical insurance through another source (such as private insurance or through your spouse), you MUST enroll in medical coverage through the Live Well Benefits Store.
IF YOU WANT COVERAGE, YOU NEED TO MAKE AN ACTIVE ELECTION. Unlike prior years (where team members were automatically defaulted into a company medical plan whether they elected coverage or not), this year’s enrollment process requires you to make an ACTIVE ELECTION. Failing to do so during the Open Enrollment period results in no company medical, prescription drug, dental, or vision coverage for you or your family on January 1, 2014. In addition, you will not be allowed to participate in the Dependent Care and/or Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) programs.
What Is a Corporate Health Exchange?
Think of a Corporate Health Exchange as a “benefits store.” Essentially, it’s a private online marketplace where multiple insurance carriers—like Aetna*, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Health Net*, Kaiser Permanente*, and UnitedHealthcare—showcase their insurance plans, networks, and services in an attempt to compete for your enrollment election. Through the Live Well Benefits Store, you’ll have access to:
More choices. No more “one-size-fits-all” limited plan choices. With the Live Well Benefits Store, you’ll have access to the coverage level that is right for you and your family. From a traditional PPO plan with copays and minimal out-of-pocket expenses, but higher premiums—to a high-deductible plan that offers a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) similar to what we have today, along with lower premium options—the choice is yours. You’ll have access to five different health plan coverage levels, all offered by multiple carriers and at varying prices.
Competitive pricing. For each coverage level, you’ll be able to compare the best price offered by each insurance carrier. Plus, Walgreens/TCHS gives eligible team members a “shopping” credit, to be used toward the purchase of the health plan/coverage of your choice. As Open Enrollment approaches, all of this information, including your “shopping” credit, will be available on the Live Well Benefits Store, the new enrollment website.
Grease

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

con't
----------
Help when you need it—every step of the way.
–Before enrollment: Starting in mid-October, you will be able to log on to the Make It Yours website, which offers great tools and videos that give you the information you need to compare your choices.
–During enrollment: As of October 28, you can log on to the Live Well Benefits Store website (easy to find from the Health Action Center) to enroll in benefits and access state-of-the-art online tools and personalized customer support.
–After enrollment: You’ll have access to other helpful resources, including your insurance carrier’s customer service and health advocacy teams, who can explain how your health plan works and help you resolve complex issues.
Over the course of the next several weeks, you’ll continue to receive the information and tools you need to make informed decisions about your 2014 benefits. In the meantime, we’ve included a link to a Frequently Asked Questions document, which offers answers to some of your more immediate questions. Also, be on the lookout for information regarding the 2014 Healthcare and Dependent Care FSAs, which will be administered by Aon Hewitt.
What’s Not Changing?
While there are no changes to the other benefit plans in 2014, we strongly encourage you to review your entire benefits package, including your voluntary life or personal accident insurance/AD&D, your profit sharing contribution and asset allocation, and your Employee Stock Purchase Plan contributions to ensure you have the right level of coverage for you and your family.
Thank you,
Greg Wasson KathleenWilson-Thompson
President and CEO Senior Vice President and
Chief Human Resources Officer
Grease

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

First part was cut off, sorry
----------
Open Enrollment is right around the corner, and Walgreens has some big and exciting benefits changes planned for 2014.

What’s Changing?

New this year, you’ll enroll for your medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage through the Live Well Benefits Store, a Corporate Health Exchange powered by Aon Hewitt, instead of the benefits enrollment site you used in the past.

Securing coverage this year will be more important than ever, because new federal requirements, pertaining to the government’s Affordable Care Act (ACA), are being introduced at the national level. The ACA, which goes into effect on January 1, 2014, requires that most Americans carry health insurance. This means that if you aren’t getting your medical insurance through another source (such as private insurance or through your spouse), you MUST enroll in medical coverage through the Live Well Benefits Store.

IF YOU WANT COVERAGE, YOU NEED TO MAKE AN ACTIVE ELECTION. Unlike prior years (where team members were automatically defaulted into a company medical plan whether they elected coverage or not), this year’s enrollment process requires you to make an ACTIVE ELECTION. Failing to do so during the Open Enrollment period results in no company medical, prescription drug, dental, or vision coverage for you or your family on January 1, 2014. In addition, you will not be allowed to participate in the Dependent Care and/or Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) programs.

What Is a Corporate Health Exchange?

Think of a Corporate Health Exchange as a “benefits store.” Essentially, it’s a private online marketplace where multiple insurance carriers—like Aetna*, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Health Net*, Kaiser Permanente*, and UnitedHealthcare—showcase their insurance plans, networks, and services in an attempt to compete for your enrollment election. Through the Live Well Benefits Store, you’ll have access to:

More choices. No more “one-size-fits-all” limited plan choices. With the Live Well Benefits Store, you’ll have access to the coverage level that is right for you and your family. From a traditional PPO plan with copays and minimal out-of-pocket expenses, but higher premiums—to a high-deductible plan that offers a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) similar to what we have today, along with lower premium options—the choice is yours. You’ll have access to five different health plan coverage levels, all offered by multiple carriers and at varying prices.

Competitive pricing. For each coverage level, you’ll be able to compare the best price offered by each insurance carrier. Plus, Walgreens/TCHS gives eligible team members a “shopping” credit, to be used toward the purchase of the health plan/coverage of your choice. As Open Enrollment approaches, all of this information, including your “shopping” credit, will be available on the Live Well Benefits Store, the new enrollment website.
Grease

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

One more try...2nd part
----------
Help when you need it—every step of the way.

–Before enrollment: Starting in mid-October, you will be able to log on to the Make It Yours website, which offers great tools and videos that give you the information you need to compare your choices.

–During enrollment: As of October 28, you can log on to the Live Well Benefits Store website (easy to find from the Health Action Center) to enroll in benefits and access state-of-the-art online tools and personalized customer support.

–After enrollment: You’ll have access to other helpful resources, including your insurance carrier’s customer service and health advocacy teams, who can explain how your health plan works and help you resolve complex issues.

Over the course of the next several weeks, you’ll continue to receive the information and tools you need to make informed decisions about your 2014 benefits. In the meantime, we’ve included a link to a Frequently Asked Questions document, which offers answers to some of your more immediate questions. Also, be on the lookout for information regarding the 2014 Healthcare and Dependent Care FSAs, which will be administered by Aon Hewitt.

What’s Not Changing?

While there are no changes to the other benefit plans in 2014, we strongly encourage you to review your entire benefits package, including your voluntary life or personal accident insurance/AD&D, your profit sharing contribution and asset allocation, and your Employee Stock Purchase Plan contributions to ensure you have the right level of coverage for you and your family.

Thank you,

Greg Wasson KathleenWilson-Thompson
President and CEO Senior Vice President and
Chief Human Resources Officer
Grease

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Something is wrong with Topix, it keeps replacing my original posts...
Grease

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Whoops, nevermind
waggle

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

It's hard to say anything when we don't have access to the website with the prices. It might be better or worse.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

The plans will be less expensive for those of you that qualify for the federal credit and more expensive for anyone else
Me

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Pharmd2 wrote:
The plans will be less expensive for those of you that qualify for the federal credit and more expensive for anyone else
How do we find out of well qualify? I heard on the news that most families will qualify. I sure hope so. 252.00 per paycheck just for medical for a family is ridiculous. Even if it were just my husband and I without our kids it's 171.00. I'm sure hoping this insurance won't kill us(paycheck wise).
Colin

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

I got my affordable care act kit from Walgreens in the mail today. Looks like I have to go with crappy Aetna.
thought you should know

Taylor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Colin wrote:
I got my affordable care act kit from Walgreens in the mail today. Looks like I have to go with crappy Aetna.
You dont have to choose Walgreens insurance at all Your state should have an exchange set up and you can pick one of them or it can be free for you based on pay
Study up

West Bend, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

You need to read the affordable care act I think. From what I have seen if your employer offers suitable insurance defined by the act you do not qualify for the exchanges. There is no way Walgreens is not offering suitable insurance. The federal credit is another issue. You can make up to 3 times the poverty level depending on your family situation and still get credits.
waggle

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

The subsidy comes from Walgreens not the federal government. This is a private exchange involving several corporations. There is no way for them to know family income in determining these things.
Save the republic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Walgreens bending over for Obama, big surprise to cut more cost and have wag corp big shots shove more money down their pants.at the expense of the hard working underpaid wag employees. How does Greg w and terry gubbins sleep at night.terry gibbons is in charge of hundreds of pharmacies but come in the stores on Sundays and terrorizes our employees for having an out in the nut dept. is this why we pay him $500,00.00 a year! Wow, Walgreens has lost touch with taking care of it's people. Be well!!!
MNbum

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

I'd be interested in finding out the costs of these exchanges. Each state is different on if there is a state offered or is it federal and what does the employer contribute. What is a "shopping credt"? Is that what they are paying towards the health insurance and will it be less than what they pay now. Who's betting on it will be less and they will tell you but you have a choice now. You the employee will be paying more for your insurance, Obama lied when he said it would be cheaper. It isn't cheaper for anyone, except the people that don't pay in the first place!
Colin

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

I'll just go on. Medicaid lol

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Oh snap, they forgot to say "Be Well" at end of email... somebody needs to give Wasson a verbal warning..lolol kiss my grits !

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

So I am sitting here wondering..um if Wag is more or less out sourcing our insurance, how will this affect the people who handle insurance for WAG employee's? Sounds a bit like... lay offs coming for them? Just a thought.
Jan pharm - Nebraska

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Looks like I will have to go on Social Security Retirement sooner than expected, wish I qualified for Medicare . House Ins went up , car ins went up, now health insureance is up, I just a technician and my wages are too high, so no more wage increases. Thanks Obama.
Wagschmag

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

A good portion of Wag employees did not receive the email about the coverage change. We found out about it through the news this morning. People were PISSED!! Apparently, there was a glitch in the email delivery. Either way, the company hasn't bothered to apologize.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pleasant Hill/Bay Area Region Drug Tests? 1 hr JTruant 7
hmmm 2 hr IamNana 2
Age Discrimination Class Action (Apr '13) 3 hr IamNana 58
Too many questions... 3 hr Edionne24 1
Why You Should Consider CVS Instead Of Walgreen 4 hr M Ballester 1
Big lawsuit 5 hr Saint101 5
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 7 hr Bill 941
store managers next? Wed Employee 46
•••