WAG stock.. going down

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wag slave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 19, 2012
 
Wondering what employees thoughts are about the stock. Specifically if you think it's bottomed out, or is going to crash when the next quarters results come out to analysts.(I myself have unloaded about half of my positions...so I think you can father which way i think it's going)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Wag slave wrote:
Wondering what employees thoughts are about the stock. Specifically if you think it's bottomed out, or is going to crash when the next quarters results come out to analysts.(I myself have unloaded about half of my positions...so I think you can father which way i think it's going)
Personally, I doubt this company will exist in 5 years. The telling sign for me was when Wasson and the big shots took the cash instead of stock options. I literally said "OH NO" when I heard that.
Well

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 19, 2012
 
I dumped all mine snd ate the loss, i doubt wag will cease to exist, but its stock is far from its bottom out point
Bonus hunter

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Even without esi the company is still profitable enough to sustain the lives of the employees. The executives on the other hand are the fat I am most interested in trimming. I think recoding a vp to bathroom duty for 8 dollars an hour is fair compensation for the undesirable stock price. I think the code on store net is number 2......
Mr Pawn

Brandon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 20, 2012
 
Keep and eye on the ESI Medco merger. You want to be ahead of that decision for sure.
Geraldo

Lake Jackson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 20, 2012
 
Mr Pawn wrote:
Keep and eye on the ESI Medco merger. You want to be ahead of that decision for sure.
How to you get ahead of the decision??? Some analyst give it a 40% of going through with FTC approval. Congressmen are starting to get an "earful" from their constituents to put some sort of pressure on the the FTC to deny the merger.
Excuse me

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

They want you to dump your stock...they are doing this on purpose so they can buy it up cheap. They have not liked how the stockholders have voted on stuff lately and they are trying to allow people to get out so they can swoop in and hold more voting control......simple economics.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 20, 2012
 
Excuse me wrote:
They want you to dump your stock...they are doing this on purpose so they can buy it up cheap. They have not liked how the stockholders have voted on stuff lately and they are trying to allow people to get out so they can swoop in and hold more voting control......simple economics.
Sad state of affairs if thats true, but seems to be the obvious in this case. I for one am not relinquishing any stock if they want to play that game.
Wag slave

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

joeybutterfucco wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad state of affairs if thats true, but seems to be the obvious in this case. I for one am not relinquishing any stock if they want to play that game.
The question is, are they playing that game? The decision of upper management to take cash over stock options doesn't support this theory in my opinion.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Wag slave wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is, are they playing that game? The decision of upper management to take cash over stock options doesn't support this theory in my opinion.
Taking cash that they can use later to buy more stock options when the stock lowers is sound and does support said theory. It for one leaves them more cash they DO NOT have to spend on stock. Just taking the stock option leaves them with no working capitol....so now they have both options open.....think about it.
Wag slave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

joeybutterfucco wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking cash that they can use later to buy more stock options when the stock lowers is sound and does support said theory. It for one leaves them more cash they DO NOT have to spend on stock. Just taking the stock option leaves them with no working capitol....so now they have both options open.....think about it.
If the stock price was going up, then the options that are given (there is nothing for them to buy)can be exercised for pure profit. However, if they believe the stock is going down, this would be come worthless. If they are getting CASH, I would bet you they wouldn't waste their easy earned money on WAG stock when they could have gotten it for free with stock options. They obviously see no value in the stock in the coming years and want the cash instead that has immediate value...think about that

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Wag slave wrote:
<quoted text>
If the stock price was going up, then the options that are given (there is nothing for them to buy)can be exercised for pure profit. However, if they believe the stock is going down, this would be come worthless. If they are getting CASH, I would bet you they wouldn't waste their easy earned money on WAG stock when they could have gotten it for free with stock options. They obviously see no value in the stock in the coming years and want the cash instead that has immediate value...think about that
Nope....they all have inside info an know the stock will rise soon enough. Just wait and see, it's a power move.
Wag slave

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

joeybutterfucco wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope....they all have inside info an know the stock will rise soon enough. Just wait and see, it's a power move.
I guess time will tell. I hope you are right, but I have no faith in the management of this company.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 20, 2012
 
Wag slave wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess time will tell. I hope you are right, but I have no faith in the management of this company.
It is really all we can do at this point. I'm not thrilled with the possible implications either, but i am seatbelted in and waiting.
Former_emp

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 24, 2012
 
The problem in management starts at the district level, when I was with the company they outed a dynamic DM and replaced him with a pharmacy manager. Pharmacy managers know pharmacy but are clueless as to the front end. You would think that they would require a business degree to be a DM.
Wrong

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 24, 2012
 
You guys forget that charles walgreen I was a pharmacist- that is why we are in business. There might be a few hundred tourist stores that do between 70-100k a day in fe sales, but the vast majority of 8000 stores NEED rx sales! If you dont have a pharmacy, what separates you from seven eleven or a glorified bodega? Its really funny that over 55% of the companys income is from rx and yet they let rx customers walk with the esi thing over "principle". Here is what wasson didnt think, is the z pack at walgreens any different than the one at wal mart or cvs ? No except they now have our esi patients. Something is better than nothing , no? Id rather a lower reimbursement rate(we were already higher than everyone else) than no customer
Rebel Rebel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 24, 2012
 
Wrong wrote:
You guys forget that charles walgreen I was a pharmacist- that is why we are in business. There might be a few hundred tourist stores that do between 70-100k a day in fe sales, but the vast majority of 8000 stores NEED rx sales! If you dont have a pharmacy, what separates you from seven eleven or a glorified bodega? Its really funny that over 55% of the companys income is from rx and yet they let rx customers walk with the esi thing over "principle". Here is what wasson didnt think, is the z pack at walgreens any different than the one at wal mart or cvs ? No except they now have our esi patients. Something is better than nothing , no? Id rather a lower reimbursement rate(we were already higher than everyone else) than no customer
Agreed. Sad that we turn away customers in this day and age. Just not good business......ever!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

joeybutterfucco wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad state of affairs if thats true, but seems to be the obvious in this case. I for one am not relinquishing any stock if they want to play that game.
I still think this stock has a lot more downside than upside:

Bank of America has published a research report on Walgreen's (NYSE: WAG [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) and has downgraded the company from Neutral to Underperform to reflect a more pessimistic view on the company.

In the report, Bank of America writes, "WAG's high profile departure from Express Scripts' pharmacy network has been well-documented, with consensus and our EPS estimates falling on reduced volume assumptions. However, we are cutting our FY12 and FY13 EPS estimates to $2.60 and $2.80 (from $2.70 and $3.05) for Express' acquisition of Medco Health Solutions that we expect will close on March 31 and likely result in WAG's exclusion from the Medco pharmacy network 90 days later. Deteriorating volume metrics should hurt not only near term EPS, but longer term ROIC, which we now do not expect to improve until FY14."

Bank of America has lowered the price objective from $33 to $26 on Walgreen's, which is currently trading down $0.34 from yesterday's $33.16 closing price.

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analy...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 10, 2012
 
Stock is down about 10% from my original post date... I think there's more to come this year with the Medco deal approved. Stock could be down another 10 - 15% this year.

Since: Feb 12

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Funny isn't it that we at store level will get in trouble for not caving in to a customer that we know has stolen a product or constantly causing problems with our staff. We are told to take care of the customer and that we shouldn't let egos get in the way of business. However, when corporate does the same thing on a larger scale, it is taking a stand for our business and the profession of Pharmacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
EEOC lawsuit on behalf of diabetic Walgreen emp... 1 hr theborg 20
Insider selling 2 hr livinginavan 3
does anyone know the milk drip liner manufacturer 3 hr reindrip 1
Special Day 5 hr comment 4
New Commercial (Sep '12) 5 hr seinfan01 12
Target closing some pharmacies 8 hr noMoEXA 2
writing everybody up 14 hr imdefinitelynotanSFL 3
self reviews 14 hr imdefinitelynotanSFL 7
scream cry or both Fri greenfree 4
So WASSON is losing control, great read. Fri wag 20
CL transfers and Store Manager Elimination 2015... Thu greenfree 61
•••
•••
•••
•••