How will you quit?
STLouis

Kansas City, KS

#22 Mar 13, 2012
gnn wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you want to hurt the ones you leave behind?
Because at that point in the game they wouldn't care. The one's left behind would be the LAST thing on their minds! It would be all about doing something that makes them feel better at the moment. I guess you have never been in that situation. I have been there and completely get it.
initial everything

Cleveland, OH

#23 Mar 13, 2012
Only a few of us are going to quit. Bcuz lets face it we all need jobs rite now and we all are just gonna take it-maybe do a little less work n be grudgefull but most of us will now be the future walgreens non mangement SFL'S

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#24 Mar 13, 2012
initial everything wrote:
Only a few of us are going to quit. Bcuz lets face it we all need jobs rite now and we all are just gonna take it-maybe do a little less work n be grudgefull but most of us will now be the future walgreens non mangement SFL'S
Take it for now while looking for something better no way I'm taking a pay cut without having applications elsewhere.
gnn

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#25 Mar 13, 2012
STLouis wrote:
<quoted text>
Because at that point in the game they wouldn't care. The one's left behind would be the LAST thing on their minds! It would be all about doing something that makes them feel better at the moment. I guess you have never been in that situation. I have been there and completely get it.
I may think it but would never do anything like that.I think to highly of my coworkers.

Since: Mar 12

Tallahassee, FL

#26 Mar 13, 2012
I thought about ordering about $4000 in coins, oh and of course on my last day dropping every bit of cash in the place.
Brad

United States

#27 Mar 13, 2012
Use up all your vacation, personal, sick days first.
Rxguyinny

Fort Worth, TX

#28 Mar 13, 2012
However you leave, do it on good terms, be re hireable, if not it can bite you in the tail end when applying elsewhere
daytona mgt

United States

#29 Mar 13, 2012
A few years back I left Target. Even though I was treated with disrespect on a daily basis the entire 5 months I was at that store, I worked up until I punched out on the last day. I didn't think it would be right to leave a mess for those I enjoyed working with to clean up. It wasn't their fault that the store was poorly managed. I left for a much better position and I will do the same if need be this time.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#30 Mar 13, 2012
pimp wrote:
Here is my list (borrowed some ideas)
-delete repacks is a must (works best if ur store had inventory already)
-give no notice on a day I close
-order a ton cigarettes
-delete the cashier out of as400
-punch people in to cause OT
Wow your clueless:
-You need to delete the repacks before inventory that way they have to repack them again before inventory.(And remove the lists from the boxes)
-The cigarettes will eventually sell
-Only the SM can edit AS400 users
-Punches can be fixed....

Tallahassee, FL

#31 Mar 13, 2012
Oh and if anyone wants to start making long distance phone calls; the code is just your 5 digit store number and "#"

Works from any phone in the store.
daytona mgt

United States

#32 Mar 13, 2012
None of these things would cause much of a problem. They would be pretty easy to fix. All of these things are pointless and would only cause your coworkers and managers more pointless work. It would not affect anyone involved in this decision. Just a waste of your time. If this is your mentality just leave. Find somewhere else to be miserable.

Location hidden

#33 Mar 13, 2012
initial everything wrote:
especially ones that cant spell, the smart ones are leaving.
stlconcerned

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#34 Mar 13, 2012
Why would destroying store-level data help you guys retaliate anything?! Some of the crap you mentioned is illegal. It isn't the SM's fault this happened! Don't shoot the messenger, people!!
daytona mgt

United States

#35 Mar 13, 2012
To answer the initial question, I will quit this job working just as hard on my last day as I've worked every other day. I want them to say "I really miss that guy" when I'm gone. I know when I leave, I will be missed, and I'm pretty proud of that.
initial everything

Cleveland, OH

#36 Mar 13, 2012
I don't care what anyone says. Everyone is pissed n spouting out the mouth, but you know damn well if you're reading these posts you know you are staying with Walgreens n taking everything they are throwing at you, until you are able to find another job!! Walgreens is telling you to dance now-which dance shall it be?

Location hidden

#37 Mar 13, 2012
daytona mgt wrote:
To answer the initial question, I will quit this job working just as hard on my last day as I've worked every other day. I want them to say "I really miss that guy" when I'm gone. I know when I leave, I will be missed, and I'm pretty proud of that.
Walgreens is losing the best of the best. Who does corporate really want running their stores?(people who cant afford a roof over their head apparantly)

Corporate just fired their Walgreens "family".
daytona mgt

United States

#38 Mar 13, 2012
unappreciated1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Walgreens is losing the best of the best. Who does corporate really want running their stores?(people who cant afford a roof over their head apparantly)
Corporate just fired their Walgreens "family".
I don't disagree, I just don't believe acting out in these ways is wise. You may need a reference on day from one of the people you just stuck cleaning up your mess. It's childish and pointless in my opinion. I'll take the higher road every time.
Pained

Lincoln, NE

#39 Mar 13, 2012
Be smart, sit down with your Sm/CL, say you want to make every effort to be in the best position possible for the new structure,and take the advice and direction they give to make yourself as promotable as possible. However, get your resume together and apply for every position outside of the company that interests you. You have a much better shot at a new job while still employed, and can take a bit of time to really look into opportunities. Then, when you've found your new calling, give reasonable notice and walk out with your head high.
somejustwanttoea tchitburn

United States

#40 Mar 13, 2012
1.Sandbags for the back door and emergency exit 2. sledge hammer, knock the control wheel off fire sprinkler control 3.flood store 4.??????? 5. Profit
pimp

Pittsburg, CA

#41 Mar 13, 2012
gnn wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you want to hurt the ones you leave behind?
It wont hurt them. Just cause time to fix. Walgreens gets hit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 3 hr Joe 1,906
Class Action lawsuit. 5 hr Wal-Pete 1
My Walgreens My Voice Team Member survey (Apr '12) 5 hr Dora Pence 254
ASMT Application Questions 5 hr SFLTraining 1
DM setup 7 hr curious 1
ripping up receipts 9 hr willingfullymotiv... 15
every day feels like a visit. 16 hr Bigchanges 7
Wow 16 hr Gloomy Gus 2
Pay Schedule for new SM Thu MylarMan 7
Woman Sues Walgreens, Claims Company Is Respons... Thu Really 3