Having to cut my lunch break short ea...

Having to cut my lunch break short each time

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

smartass-stl

Dundee, FL

#1 Mar 18, 2013
i usually start at 3pm and by 5pm i'm the only STL left in the store. the sm and asm and exa gone for the day. i got into a heated argument with my sm a week ago about being interrupted during my uninterrupted break and he said thats just the way it is. i disagree so i start taking my breaks 4 hrs after i start and i put my headphones on and turn up my mp3 player loud so i block out all the pages over the intercom. sometimes i play asleep with my headphones on so that way i dont see or hear them. no one better not touch me or i will file a harassment suit.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 18, 2013
smartass-stl wrote:
i usually start at 3pm and by 5pm i'm the only STL left in the store. the sm and asm and exa gone for the day. i got into a heated argument with my sm a week ago about being interrupted during my uninterrupted break and he said thats just the way it is. i disagree so i start taking my breaks 4 hrs after i start and i put my headphones on and turn up my mp3 player loud so i block out all the pages over the intercom. sometimes i play asleep with my headphones on so that way i dont see or hear them. no one better not touch me or i will file a harassment suit.

Congrats. You are awesome. Wouldn't be a sfl in my district.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3 Mar 18, 2013
I bet your delight scores are off the charts......

I get it though....you want to eat uniterrupted. My only advice is to ear faster.
god save the queen

Ardsley, NY

#4 Mar 18, 2013
Policy states.that if ur.interrupted you get paid as if break never happened. Also in my area no managers take lunch. Just work an 8 hour shift and bounce.

How you have a sm and asm and exa?
comment

Haslet, TX

#5 Mar 18, 2013
You knew what you were getting into.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#6 Mar 18, 2013
You get a paid lunch. That's pretty golden IMO.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#7 Mar 18, 2013
bah I would quit if I were you and get on disability it is what the cool kids do these days
wagexa

United States

#8 Mar 19, 2013
Take a meal break from 430-5pm.

Ignoring pages when you are the only keyholder present sounds like the express train to the unemployment line
Anonymous

Spring, TX

#9 Mar 20, 2013
Ok dumbass sfl, you cannot go off the clock as the MOD which means they are paying you when you get a chance to sit down and eat. Catch your calls and return to you seated position as needed. If this doesn't work for you take your off the clock 30 before 5pm or let someone else have you position
caliWAG

San Jose, CA

#10 Mar 20, 2013
Typical day for us MGTs on a closing shift

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Shift leads be moved now? 1 hr Except 10
How much is in your 401k? 1 hr wagx 27
What kind of review will get you a raise and/or... 2 hr jerkstore 10
24 gone 3 hr Wag this 130
ASM Elimination 2018 9 hr Asm 51
What is your store's compliance rate with keepi... 11 hr wagboy 11
Trashing BTS and Spring/Summer 11 hr wagboy 8
Rite Aid Done Deal Wed SFgiants40 21
More from around the web