Manager Saleries?
Wag a mgt

Palm Coast, FL

#22 Feb 10, 2009
wagger wrote:
Well, you can cut the MGT pay down just a tad. Emails came out today saying no more overtime for MGTs. I don't know if this is just our district or nationwide, but regardless, it's almost a $5,000 pay cut per year. Smart move on there part, but very not cool.
They better watch themselves too. That puts MGTs in our district around $33,000 per year, I know assistant managers at other big box retail stores make $36,000+. I know Walgreens is hourly which is a nice perk, and the job market isn't in the best shape so most will just live with it for now, but I could see a couple leaving if Wal-mart/CVS/Target/etc. is looking for assistants in their area.
That being said, I enjoy working at Walgreens and am fine with working a few less hours
At first i was upset when i read that email. 5k is a nice sized pay cut out of my pocket. I knew it was coming just by watching all the other ways the company has been cutting back to save money so it only made sense. Although i would rather have the 5k back in my pocket i will enjoy those few extra hours i will gain each week and possibly even get to spend some of that money i've been saving finally. I dont agree with there methods, but with the way the job market is right now they can get away with this without having a mass exodus losing mgts. When the job market opens up down the road i could see many mgts looking else where as well though.

Since: Feb 09

Charlotte,NC

#23 Feb 23, 2009
Does anyone know what the starting salary is for a store manager in N.C. or the southern region?
wagger

Janesville, WI

#24 Feb 23, 2009
unccgrad03 wrote:
Does anyone know what the starting salary is for a store manager in N.C. or the southern region?
I'd assume somewhere from $55-65k a year, plus your yearly bonus which widely ranges in money depending on your self-service sales(I know one manager in my district got a $22k bonus last year). Granted, there's alot of talk about the bonus program changing, so I don't know if those kind of bonsues will be around much longer.
wagman

Richmond, KY

#25 Mar 18, 2009
I was interviewed to go to Alaska to open stores as an EXA. I was told the pay scale was based on Seattle, Washington. Any one know what an EXA makes there?
meme123

Sylacauga, AL

#26 Mar 19, 2009
its actually walgreensemployee@home.com but you cannot access your schedule at home. it only allows a few things.
Smitty

East Wenatchee, WA

#27 Apr 8, 2009
Wagman... the pay is 45K-50K
Patty

AOL

#28 May 13, 2009
Does anyone know what a Liqour Store manager makes per hour and what do they top out at?
Patty

AOL

#29 May 13, 2009
Does anyone know what a Liquor Store Manager makes and what do they top out at?
Lisa

College Park, MD

#30 Jul 23, 2009
Do you get quarterly profit sharing checks or bonus checks?
slim

United States

#31 Aug 1, 2009
Is their a limit on how much money an assistant can make?
slim

United States

#32 Aug 1, 2009
Is their a limit on how much money an assistant can make? Basically can a assistant be maxed out and not get a raise?
dim

United States

#33 Aug 1, 2009
can a assistant manager be maxed out of his raises?
dim

United States

#34 Aug 1, 2009
can a assistant managers salary be maxed out?
new asst manager

Palm Desert, CA

#35 Aug 22, 2009
What is the hourly pay for a new assitant manager, i have just been promoted and no one has told me about the pay
please help
new asst manager

Palm Desert, CA

#36 Aug 22, 2009
I am in california, if that makes a difference........ Thank you
huh

Rosemead, CA

#37 Aug 23, 2009
why don't you ask your mgr?
Dude

Charlotte, NC

#38 Oct 21, 2009
Walgreens Assistant wrote:
Pay rate is usually given by the region in the country. Assistants in my region (Northeast) make about $40k, Executive Managers make a minimum of $55k, and Store managers make about $60k PLUS a minimum bonus of $10k. The bonus is given based on the stores total profit minus expenses.
Wow, spoken by a true MGT. Get your facts straight before posting.
mattm83

Minocqua, WI

#39 Nov 14, 2009
dim wrote:
can a assistant manager be maxed out of his raises?
yes most deisticts have now introduced a CAP on asst mgrs. in milwaukee it's 17.15
The Whole Story

Jacksonville, FL

#40 Nov 14, 2009
Exa abuse wrote:
Most Walgreen managers expect their EXA's to work at least 50+ per week. Many that I have worked for cock an attitude if you only work 44 hours. Walgreens is a great company but the powers that be at the store level, make there own rules. Sure Exa's receive a bonus but a bonus should not come with strings attached. I refer to this "bonus" check as an overtime check. Everytime that I work over 44 hours I'm losing money. Thus far I have lost thousands over the years. I figure two more years and I'm out.
I don't know your whole story,but I'm an Assistant with an EXA that complains the same way you do. Her problem is 45min-1hr long lunch breaks, she always leaves early, and has a smoke break every hour. You better work 50 hours if you're doing that crap. After all, I don't get paid on my lunch breaks....
Steve

Mattoon, IL

#41 Nov 14, 2009
When I was an EXA I worked for many different managers. Some would schedule 6 full days, some a straight assistant schedule, some 5 and a half days, some 5 and a half on weeks they didn't work 5 and half. I would more less put into it what I thought it was worth. If people I knew were refusing to work the long hours and getting promoted, I wasn't going to either. At the same time, if I had a manager who really cared about their store and worked longer and harder than me and/or repected me, I was much more likely to work harder and put in more hours without complaint. The times when I was really pissed was when I had the managers that scheduled me 6 full days while they worked 8-5 every day and their every other weekend. That was bullshit scheduling there. In short, I didn't mind the expectation from a manager to work long hours as long as they were there beside me putting in the same amount of work. I had one who tried to schedule me for all 7 days of the schedule because he was on vacation in the middle of summer. That shit didn't fly. He tried to play the promotion card with me. Unfortunately for him I was already #2 or 3 on "the list" and told him I wasn't working 7 days. I let him know that my promotion needed to be based on the quality of my work not the quantity. Needless to say I was promoted to store manager. Then I realized store managers do work too many hours. You think 8-5 every other weekend must be nice. That's incorrect. Considering that not many work 8-5. More like 7-5 or earlier or later every day. That's 50 hours right there, not including the half day on the weekends you have to work. The months with 5 weekends were killer when you have to work 3 Saturdays. This makes you feel like you didn't have a day off all month long. Then the holidays hit where working Saturdays becomes manadatory for a month and a half. Nice perk with the 3 day weekend they give you in January or February. By that time you are so burnt out you need a hell of alot more than 3 days. To summarize, it's retail and the hours suck. I have since moved on and realized I put way too much time in at work doing stupid shit that was pointless because I felt an obligation to work way too many hours. I will never go back into retail again. I don't make as much money now, but I have realized what I have missed by working too much. I am much much happier making less money now that I know I am not missing out on anything by making more.

"The Whole Story" if your stories are true about your EXA, I am sure she is on the district shitlist for EXA's. Every district has EXA's that will never get promoted and that's what she sounds like. They should get a better plan on getting these people out of the EXA position rather than cutting hours of hard working assistants. They could save a good chunk of change right there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
May budget 13 min Eye Wide Open 12
Walgreens announces raises 1 hr bill 45
Asm position, email confirming nit getting prom... 2 hr Asmt123 5
dumpster diver who donates goods goes to jail 11 hr Cld9616 3
New Shift Leader, need help please! 13 hr chicagooo 5
Who cleans bathrooms at your store? 13 hr Wags 4
Please! RX cashier study sheet needed! 16 hr TecTec 8
Age Discrimination Class Action (Apr '13) Wed Bender 92
Layoffs Wed Perry 33