Since: Oct 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Am I the only one who thinks there is way to much emphasis placed on this one day.
Texas Outlaw

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

When I mentioned it on this board couple of years ago, they all said "what's a Christmas tour". so I think it must just be certain regions.
the idea is not bad having stores compete -again, but the timing is way off. We had ours already, did not do good this year..and I hear tell the group went snooping for non Cmas items.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Texas Outlaw wrote:
When I mentioned it on this board couple of years ago, they all said "what's a Christmas tour". so I think it must just be certain regions.
the idea is not bad having stores compete -again, but the timing is way off. We had ours already, did not do good this year..and I hear tell the group went snooping for non Cmas items.
I also have to ask....what's a "Christmas Tour"?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Good2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also have to ask....what's a "Christmas Tour"?
It seems some districts get all the manager son a bus and they go look at all the stores and grade them on hoe they are set.Not sure why they do this especially this year with all the mandatory displays
gonebabygone

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

hey why dont we do this, get all the managers from district on bus telling them they are judging stores, hire some suicidal psycho and have him or her (maybe we can hire camera smasher girl) and drive the bus off a cliff...try to get the district trainer and dm on there too-they're worhtless garbage too..any seat open fill them with pharmacists...merry christmas everyone!!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

This is a colossal waste of time. This is probably something that a group of MVPS dreamed up at a meeting together. It has never been beneficial and it should be thrown out the window along with webinars, action plans, engagement plans, receipt surveys and other stupid corporate ideas that really do not generate anything positive.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

One thing is certain......Walgreens knows how to waste money..........and they got it to waste because they damn sure ain't giving it to us............
Rxblues

Sanger, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Seriously. What in hell is that all about??? We are under staffed over worked but yet these morons drive around to go look at stores that don't normally look that pristine. They only do because everyone knows those morons are on their way. Stupid ass waste of time and money. Damn trolls
times r tuff

Thornville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Rxblues wrote:
Seriously. What in hell is that all about??? We are under staffed over worked but yet these morons drive around to go look at stores that don't normally look that pristine. They only do because everyone knows those morons are on their way. Stupid ass waste of time and money. Damn trolls
Do you really think the managers even want to do this? As a manager I'd much rather stay in the store.
WAGtheDOG

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I've never heard of this either but what is the point of this when you already have CLs and DMs? Is it to much to ask them to do their job?
Texas Outlaw

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Yes it is a waste of time, an money-but has been going on for years here.The Tour starts earlier every year, or so it seems.The reason behind them doing this? No clue.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

wagdoodle is absolutely right.

This is something that a DM or VP came up with somewhere to improve employee engagement. Once one of them heard about it, everybody else copied it. From what I gather, it does help some employee's engagement, so who knows? It just reminds me that our company is becoming more and more like the movie Office Space every day.

Did you forget the cover on your TPS report?
BigFlats1901

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

My district needs to do this so they have a chance of wrecking and dying in a fiery blaze.
Honestly, only three of thirty something managers will be missed by anyone including their families.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Texas Outlaw wrote:
Yes it is a waste of time, an money-but has been going on for years here.The Tour starts earlier every year, or so it seems.The reason behind them doing this? No clue.
Ostensibly, it's a contest to see whose store looks the best for the holiday shopping season, with the winning store receiving a pizza party or other such nonsense. In reality, it's used by DMs to make sure stores are ready for the season, nothing more, nothing less.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Store Manager in pharmacy before hours 1 hr Ssj4wag 17
Store Manager Bonus '14 5 hr justsayingj3291 14
Why & How I left Walgreens 5 hr justsayingj3291 7
Is the SBA a wasted roll? 6 hr justsayingj3291 22
hacked!? 9 hr ShiftyLeader-2014 4
class action 9 hr ShiftyLeader-2014 9
Nationwide LP meeting 12 hr Cphtslave 77
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 15 hr Kit 963
•••