Discount Drug Card accepted at Walgreens

Posted in the Walgreens Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marsha

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Feb 1, 2012
I printed out this discount drug card that I got at Medicationcoupons.com . I took it to my walgreens pharmacy and saved over $25 on my medicine.

http://medicationcoupons.com/card
Angelwealth

United States

#2 Apr 14, 2012
Free Immediate Help To Afford Your Prescription Medications!

FREE PRESCRIPTION DISCOUNT CARD! Save up to 75% on Brand-Name and Generic Drugs

http://www.AngelWealthRX.com

NO PERSONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED
TO PRINT ONLINE CARDS!

“IT IS BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT
THAN TO NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT!”

Check the pharmacy list to make sure your pharmacy participates.
Then print the card from the website and present it to the pharmacist to receive your discount on all your prescriptions. No personal info necessary unless you want cards mailed to you. You can ask the pharmacist what your savings discount is over the phone, by simply supplying the information on front of the card. This free discount prescription drug card saves up to 75%(on average 25% on brand-name drugs and 65% on generics).

It can be the difference between someone in need filling a prescription or doing without.

These savings are based on the fact that they have over 58,000 pharmacies processing millions of prescriptions annually. The bearer of this card will always receive the lowest price available for any particular drug at their chosen pharmacy.

THIS CARD IS ABSOLUTELY FREE AND THERE IS NO OBLIGATION TO BUY ANYTHING! WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE? HAPPY SAVINGS!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4 Aug 13, 2012
Don't use these cards they compete with our PSC card. Also, the person distributing these cards makes a few dollars from us for each claim.

Since: May 14

Katy, TX

#6 May 22, 2014
Please check out "CheapestMedPricesInKaty " to save up to 90% on prescrption drugs
Ssj4wag

Hialeah, FL

#7 May 23, 2014
You can't use discount card get them to sign up for psc
Fred

Houston, TX

#8 May 23, 2014
Our pharmacy supervisor told us not to help the patient get the best price and throw them away. Make them get a Psc card or nothing.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#9 May 23, 2014
I happened to be helping in the pharmacy one shift when the pharmacy supervisor ripped a pharmacist a new ahole for using the discount card and helping a customer get the best price. Have also heard a customer complain that the pharmacy staff did not readily take the card and tried to sign them up for PSC instead without comparing pricing first. Good luck with that...

Location hidden

#10 May 23, 2014
This is how you build loyalty - it is not just service. It is also someone committed to giving you the best price available to you.
Customers remember those gestures. Corporate needs to get a clue.
Bubba

United States

#11 May 24, 2014
This is how you destroy any and all profitability of your pharmacy...by signing people up for these data mining operations...which is all these "free" cards are. So who cares if it takes a generic that just came out on the market from $90 to $13 because after all you are just an errand boy being given a shopping list and told to hurry up and bag it...put that tip jar out and maybe you will get a 25 cent dispensing fee.

Location hidden

#12 May 24, 2014
Bubba wrote:
This is how you destroy any and all profitability of your pharmacy...by signing people up for these data mining operations...which is all these "free" cards are. So who cares if it takes a generic that just came out on the market from $90 to $13 because after all you are just an errand boy being given a shopping list and told to hurry up and bag it...put that tip jar out and maybe you will get a 25 cent dispensing fee.
I understand what you are saying. I am not in charge of any pharmacy. I don't have to make decisions on profitability. I try to see things from the customer's point of view. If I normally bring my business to you and I have discount/coupon/savings card that is legitimate, I trust that you will honor it. If you are not going to honor it, I would expect a reasonable explanation.

I don't know how much more the pharmacy would make from an order with the PSC as compared to an order with the discount card except for the PSC enrollment fee. As a customer, I would want to know the price difference before I sign up. That does not mean that customers would be knowledgeable enough to ask first or to assume that you would compare prices first on their behalf.
wag

Rochester, IN

#13 May 24, 2014
those discount cards rarely reimburse us anything. They should never be accepted. Look at the plan payment after billing it in the patient profile, normally it says zero.
Diane

Atlanta, GA

#14 May 24, 2014
99% of the time the PDMs aren't yelling at you because you're using these cards when the patient presents it to you. They're yelling at you for putting it in there after the latest commission rep drops off 60 of them with you for use at every terminal. If you're using these cards without being prompted to, you're directly the one responsible for reduced tech hours compared to last year. Our cash price patients make up all most of the lost GP we lose from shitty contracts with insurance companies, so when you eliminate that, GP plunges even further, so they slash tech hours. I'll do it occasionally when I know the price is absurdly high, but only in special situations for regular customers.

Beyond that, all these cards are is a way for third parties to collect information about every patient who uses one and sell them to other parties. Yes, you probably won't be tracked down for this, but if you're complicit in the selling of PHI without the specific request of the patient to use the cards, you could find yourself in a mess of toruble

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#15 May 24, 2014
wag wrote:
those discount cards rarely reimburse us anything. They should never be accepted. Look at the plan payment after billing it in the patient profile, normally it says zero.
And we pay an extra 3-5 dollars for each claim. Thats how the cards make thier money. Our supervisor tells us to enter one for the patient if they wont buy a psc card! Its a complete joke, the guy has no idea were losing money.
Bubba

United States

#17 May 24, 2014
Diane wrote:
99% of the time the PDMs aren't yelling at you because you're using these cards when the patient presents it to you. They're yelling at you for putting it in there after the latest commission rep drops off 60 of them with you for use at every terminal. If you're using these cards without being prompted to, you're directly the one responsible for reduced tech hours compared to last year. Our cash price patients make up all most of the lost GP we lose from shitty contracts with insurance companies, so when you eliminate that, GP plunges even further, so they slash tech hours. I'll do it occasionally when I know the price is absurdly high, but only in special situations for regular customers.
Beyond that, all these cards are is a way for third parties to collect information about every patient who uses one and sell them to other parties. Yes, you probably won't be tracked down for this, but if you're complicit in the selling of PHI without the specific request of the patient to use the cards, you could find yourself in a mess of toruble
Spot on
Wiggitywiggitywa g

United States

#18 May 25, 2014
I'd never put in a discount card without the patient's consent, but if putting one in means the difference between whether the patient gets their rx at walgreens or somewhere else (or not at all), then it should certainly be an option. Of course I'll try to sell a psc card if it is in the best interest of the patient, but many times it's not. Corporate should think of it as gaining a customer who might potentially get insurance or a psc card later and come back for their future prescriptions. I'll think of it as doing what's best for the patient. If they don't like it, they should restrict intercom from accepting the plans outright. Until then, I'll try to remember that I'm a pharmacist first and a walgreens toolbag second.
wag

Rochester, IN

#19 May 25, 2014
Wiggitywiggitywag wrote:
I'd never put in a discount card without the patient's consent, but if putting one in means the difference between whether the patient gets their rx at walgreens or somewhere else (or not at all), then it should certainly be an option. Of course I'll try to sell a psc card if it is in the best interest of the patient, but many times it's not. Corporate should think of it as gaining a customer who might potentially get insurance or a psc card later and come back for their future prescriptions. I'll think of it as doing what's best for the patient. If they don't like it, they should restrict intercom from accepting the plans outright. Until then, I'll try to remember that I'm a pharmacist first and a walgreens toolbag second.
The key here is I assume you aren't the rxm. Might as well just take twenty dollars off the cost and not bill the discount card since that's all you are really doing. Hurting the stores profit which results in you getting less tech hours.
Wiggitywiggitywa g

United States

#20 May 25, 2014
Walgreen's decision to sell patient safety short for higher profits has nothing to do with me, and I'm proud to continue to do what's in the best interest of the patient despite the decreasing tech hours. Btw, I am the rxm.
Diane

Atlanta, GA

#21 May 25, 2014
Wiggitywiggitywag wrote:
Corporate should think of it as gaining a customer who might potentially get insurance or a psc card later and come back for their future prescriptions. I'll think of it as doing what's best for the patient. If they don't like it, they should restrict intercom from accepting the plans outright. Until then, I'll try to remember that I'm a pharmacist first and a walgreens toolbag second.
Again, it's fantastic that you're gaining customers, but if you're now filling four scripts with the same overall profit you were making on one of those four script before, corporate sees no reason to give you more hours despite the fact that you're doing 4 times as much work. And thus lies the slippery slope that results in everyone crying about more hours. Corporate is doing enough to slash your profit per script to miniscule numbers without you helping out.
Diane

Atlanta, GA

#22 May 25, 2014
If you're doing everything in the best interest of the patient, are you referring them to Publix/Wal-Mart/Giant Eagle/etc where you know they can get their antibiotics for free and their cholesterol medicine for 4 dollars?

I take the best care of my patients as well. If you can directly trace a path where you doing something leads to your store not having sufficient help to take care of your patients, then you're not taking care of them as well as you could be. Closing your eyes and screaming "not my fault" doesn't change that.

Location hidden

#23 May 25, 2014
Wiggitywiggitywag wrote:
This is almost EXACTLY what the pharmacist said to me when I asked about the a-reaming later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Project Frontier (Dec '15) 38 min whtzup 140
Write ups 8 hr wambam 3
Holiday Meeting 13 hr Dirk McNasty 4
Using balance rewards card 14 hr VetSM 23
Raincheck question 14 hr VetSM 8
Can I smoke medicinal herb at break or during m... 17 hr Cali ASM 31
walgreens lawsuits: (Oct '06) Thu IT DAY X WAG NIGHT 493
ESPP: Anyone use this to your advantage? Wed SodaBoyStocktrader 8
Managers to work full day Saturday's during Dec... Wed LogicZer0 15
More from around the web