why grey vests
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 13, 2012
Just wondering why the walgreens commercials all have managers in grey vests. Are we going back to this or are the folks that out of touch
Bonus hunter

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Apr 13, 2012
Timerbuy wrote:
Just wondering why the walgreens commercials all have managers in grey vests. Are we going back to this or are the folks that out of touch
The vest was 4 years ago so I would say clueless. Out of touch would imply that they actually knew something.
GA-EXA

Duluth, GA

#3 Apr 13, 2012
My DM told us we are going back to vests.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Apr 13, 2012
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Stupid!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Apr 13, 2012
the vest are cheaper. When they rolled out the orderable blue shirts, everyone in the store I was in went hog wild.

lets bring back the teal smocks I say!
Wife

Cleveland, OH

#6 Apr 13, 2012
I want to know why male pharmacists have to wear ties. I hate having to pick out Hubbies's ties daily, and his old boss got to wear Snoopy slippers and scrubs under her jacket and still managed to let her boobs show. Now that he is at CVS, it is the same routine. I have to pick the damn tie out every day. Seriously, why not scrubs?

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#7 Apr 13, 2012
I'd look forward to the vests. Hides my belly better than a tucked in dress shirt.
Texas Outlaw

Frisco, TX

#8 Apr 14, 2012
All pharmacy in my store wear scrubs..no ties, and have not seen vests in years.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#9 Apr 14, 2012
the scrubs are a great idea. A little more cost but the pharmacy look is worth it. The blue polo shirts looked nice for punch employees but smocks are cheaper overall.

the current wear your own blue or what you think is blue shirt looks crappy. I see employees come in with teal , aqua marine and a few other nonblue colors

Since: Mar 12

United States

#10 Apr 14, 2012
I can assure you that we are NOT going back to vests. The vests just look good for tv.
mrmr

East Saint Louis, IL

#11 Apr 14, 2012
I know some stores in Illinois are back to vest.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#12 Apr 14, 2012
mrmr wrote:
I would welcome the vests. I can't stand the feel of the Walgreens polos though the tshirts are awesome.
walgreen's worker

Austin, TX

#13 Apr 14, 2012
mrmr wrote:
are we going to have to pay for those too?
Joker

United States

#14 Apr 15, 2012
The Indianapolis area is piloting the grey vests and white shirts for managers. Blue "well" T-shirts for photo and register people. And black button up shirts with pink under shirts for cos.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#15 Apr 15, 2012
Joker wrote:
The Indianapolis area is piloting the grey vests and white shirts for managers. Blue "well" T-shirts for photo and register people. And black button up shirts with pink under shirts for cos.
White shirts? What are they thinking? I guess if you sit in the office all day, they won't get dirty.
Joker

United States

#16 Apr 15, 2012
Well when you have never worked in a store it might sound like a good idea but for those of us that do work and stock things it's a terrible idea. I bleach mine all the time because the sleeves are always loooking dingy.
Vivalawalgreens

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 18, 2012
We where force to buy those ugly blue polos now were going to vest sounds like bs. Better be free!
VforVictory

Ballwin, MO

#18 Apr 20, 2012
This seems plausible.

Walgreens.

There's a Way ...... To waste money !!
super mgt

Midland, MI

#19 Apr 20, 2012
Joker wrote:
where do SFLs fall in this uniform structure?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#20 Apr 21, 2012
White shirts are what they seemed to prefer previously as well, but that was enforced more in some markets than others. I've never followed dress code 100% and you can bet I'll be one of the first people to wear a dark shirt with the vest. Black or navy blue look nicer anyway, honestly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Store manager firings 5 min Ghetto fabulous 99
Rose colored glasses 2 hr SunnyFlordia 5
35 stores closing 3 hr Lord Don t go bac... 6
CVS Closing stores in 2017 due to loss of contr... 5 hr BootsDidIt 31
fidget spinners 6 hr Poboysandwich 24
Investigating Pharmacy Errors 8 hr WBAUnethical-Nonc... 5
Delight Score 10 hr WHATRU 47
Things that annoy you at work 22 hr Mittleschmerz 41
More from around the web