After cuts, LI's largest companies pl...

After cuts, LI's largest companies plan more trims

There are 14 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 28, 2009, titled After cuts, LI's largest companies plan more trims. In it, Newsday reports that:

Long Island 's largest companies, feeling the sting of the dismal economy, have cut jobs, and frozen pay, bonuses and other types of compensation, curtailed growth plans, and are planning even more reductions ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Nassau County Tax slave

Goldsboro, NC

#1 Jan 28, 2009
Sorry North Carolina is all filled up at the moment ,so just keep paying your taxes for now ,Ha Ha it was 71 today
Championship

New Hyde Park, NY

#2 Jan 28, 2009
Nassau County Tax slave wrote:
Sorry North Carolina is all filled up at the moment ,so just keep paying your taxes for now ,Ha Ha it was 71 today
And you had 6 inches of snow last week. You will be at 110 with 100% humidity in the summer. So whats your point. You keep living the boring life down south.
BOTZ

Bridgeport, CT

#4 Jan 29, 2009
Championship wrote:
<quoted text>
And you had 6 inches of snow last week. You will be at 110 with 100% humidity in the summer. So whats your point. You keep living the boring life down south.
on point, and once you sell up here and go down there you cant afford to come back up here because they pay shit wages down there
payup

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

#5 Jan 29, 2009
Nassau County Tax slave wrote:
Sorry North Carolina is all filled up at the moment ,so just keep paying your taxes for now ,Ha Ha it was 71 today
All the riff raff losers ran off to NC leaving the solid citizens .
Clear Vision

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jan 29, 2009
Long Island need cheap electricity if it wants businesses to remain here. We need to reconsider opening a nuclear plant. Without cheap electricity and reduced business taxes, more companies will leave LI. We cannot rely on the banking industry to carry us any longer.
Barney Stinson

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jan 29, 2009
BOTZ wrote:
<quoted text> on point, and once you sell up here and go down there you cant afford to come back up here because they pay **** wages down there
myth
Barney Stinson

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jan 29, 2009
Championship wrote:
<quoted text>
And you had 6 inches of snow last week. You will be at 110 with 100% humidity in the summer. So whats your point. You keep living the boring life down south.
wrong - average high in summer is about 90 with less humidity than LI. And that depends on where you are - mountain areas get snow in the winter an are on average 5 to 10 degrees lower in the summer.
Barney Stinson

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jan 29, 2009
Clear Vision wrote:
Long Island need cheap electricity if it wants businesses to remain here. We need to reconsider opening a nuclear plant. Without cheap electricity and reduced business taxes, more companies will leave LI. We cannot rely on the banking industry to carry us any longer.
I'm not sure that the banking industry is carrying or ever carried LI. It economy is more diverse than that, but relies in large degree on the money that the 25% people who have high paying jobs in NYC bring home and spend. But you are correct, a core expense that is twice the cost on LI than in other places will not be a draw for companies to move to or stay on LI.
You morons

AOL

#10 Jan 29, 2009
who think LI is so great .. stay here and continue to get raped by the politicians and unions.

The rest of the country does not want people who pride themselves on arrogance and ignorance in their states.
Just a Thought

Bellmore, NY

#11 Jan 29, 2009
Vicious cycle. No one spends. Corporations lay off. More don't spend. Corporations lay off more. Fear rules today in the economic world.
cjd

Bronx, NY

#12 Jan 29, 2009
Just a Thought wrote:
Vicious cycle. No one spends. Corporations lay off. More don't spend. Corporations lay off more. Fear rules today in the economic world.
if all you people and corporations stop leveraging yourselves to the tilt, maybe our society can actually GROW instead of imploding
no no no

Bayside, NY

#13 Jan 29, 2009
Clear Vision wrote:
Long Island need cheap electricity if it wants businesses to remain here. We need to reconsider opening a nuclear plant. Without cheap electricity and reduced business taxes, more companies will leave LI. We cannot rely on the banking industry to carry us any longer.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Remember what happened with Shoreham? They did low level testing, which contaminated the plant and then the plant was shut down (incurring billions of dollars of costs that we here in Nassau county are still paying for) because if there was an accident, everyone east of the plant was stuck without an escape route.

Think again. We do not need nuclear energy here on Long Island if we can not handle the consequences. We should explore wind power.
mlk

Andover, NJ

#14 Jan 29, 2009
With all this Private Sector cuts, why is everyone up in arms about teh postal service talking about cutting 1 day of delivery service??? Do it!

And why does Obama's stimulous package only help the Union workers?
Nassau County Tax slave

Goldsboro, NC

#15 Feb 5, 2009
All the riff raff losers ran off to NC leaving the solid citizens .? Or stupid people who like to pay to much for everything,just like your name Payup. PS I sold my house 2 years ago and would never come back oh and what i sold it for I can now buy it back and still have a 100k left over,just keep paying

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Audiovox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Audiovox buying Indy speaker maker Klipsch (Jan '11) Jan '11 carmen lebron 1
News Acoustic Research ARIR200 / ARIR600i WiFi radio... (May '09) Jun '09 robert ekstrand 4
News Audiovox to Acquire Thomson's Consumer Electron... (Oct '07) Jan '09 glenda bennett 4
News Audiovox reaches deal to acquire Indy company (Nov '07) Nov '07 cicero resident 1
News Tuesday's biggest gaining and declining stocks (Aug '07) Aug '07 clicksoftware 1
More from around the web