SIM-based NFC gains global support fr...

SIM-based NFC gains global support from 45 mobile carriers, all huddled around GSMA's standard

There are 1 comment on the Engadget story from Nov 17, 2011, titled SIM-based NFC gains global support from 45 mobile carriers, all huddled around GSMA's standard. In it, Engadget reports that:

You knew that NFC hardware can be embedded into SIM cards, right? Right? Regardless of whether you've been paying attention, the practice is about to become a whole lot more common, as 45 of the world's largest mobile operators have extended their support for the GSM Association's standard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Engadget.

Adrian

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#1 Nov 26, 2011
Yes, I knew. But that is NOT what the operators will be offering!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vodafone Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vodafone Starts Audit Into Possible Tax Fraud a... (Oct '14) Oct '14 shanorie 1
News Verizon: Another High-Yield Telecom For Current... (Sep '14) Sep '14 RightsOfWay 1
News AKTEL identified as Vodafone target (Apr '08) Aug '13 smart thinking 8
how to use vodafone 803T set with other sim (Nov '06) Aug '12 charles jefferson 8
News Vodafone xone Hackathon Challenges Developers t... (May '12) May '12 Amjad 1
News Vodafone Reports Phone Services Disrupted by Ro... (Apr '12) Apr '12 peter 1
News Comcast to end wholesale deal with Sprint, Clea... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Jim 1
More from around the web