Woman wins $3.35 M in pelvic mesh law...

Woman wins $3.35 M in pelvic mesh lawsuit

There are 9 comments on the 6 ABC story from Feb 25, 2013, titled Woman wins $3.35 M in pelvic mesh lawsuit. In it, 6 ABC reports that:

A North Dakota woman has won $3.35 million from a Superior Court jury in Atlantic City, in her lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson over the dangers of a vaginal mesh implant The 47-year-old woman said Johnson & Johnson failed to warn her doctor about the potential dangers of the Gyncare Prolift mesh, which was used to treat incontinence and pelvic ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 6 ABC.

#1 Mar 18, 2013
I am sure that women who may have also suffered the same fate as Linda Gross may be encouraged by this news. I found some posts at bladderslingrecall.us that many others have also advanced with their own complaints and in their legal course. Let's hope that they also get compensated for the injuries they may have incurred.
Erica Miller

San Jose, CA

#2 Mar 22, 2013
In addition to the $3.35 million compensatory damages, punitive damages amounting to around $8 million was awarded by the jury. This is very encouraging to the thousands of women who were injured as a result of using the Ethicon vaginal mesh.They have suffered a great deal and any form of justice they may receive will at least lighten their burden. For details and updates on these issue, you may want to check sites devoted to the cause of these women like the vaginalmeshlawsuitcenter.us.
Kurtis Giffin

Hillsboro, OR

#3 Mar 30, 2013
Thousands of mesh-related lawsuits against J&J are pending across the country, as I have read from a post at http://plusist.com/health/complaints-involvin... . I am glad that Linda Gross won her case against J&J and left an encouraging note to other women who may also be waiting to take the stand and be heard.

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jun 18, 2013
It is no longer surprising to see an increasing number of women that are moving forward in their legal course. Vaginal mesh devices have been linked to serious complications that have been reported to greatly reduce the quality of life of some recipients. You may also get comprehensive updates at http://www.amazines.com/article_detail.cfm... regarding vaginal mesh devices.

San Jose, CA

#5 Jul 12, 2013
This report is definitely encouraging to the thousands of women with pending vaginal mesh cases. In addition to the compensatory damages, I understand punitive damages were also awarded. If this is any indication, the other mesh victims may have their day in court also. For more on these, check out http://www.vaginalmeshclassaction.us/

San Jose, CA

#6 Oct 4, 2013
Many of us are truly happy for Linda Gross. I think she deserves these damages. But whatever the amount is, it will not bring back her old self. This should encourage other women injured to take the right legal remedies. Learn more about your options by checking sites such as http://www.vaginalmeshlawsuitscenter.com/sett...

Ahmedabad, India

#7 Oct 8, 2013
it is the best example of women empowerment.that now ladies are become fearless they know how to fight against injustice.

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Nov 5, 2013
This victory of Linda Gross bodes well for all the women who have been injured by vaginal mesh devices. Another woman who was injured by an Avaulta vaginal mesh was awarded $2 million in West Virginia very recently. You may want to learn more about this case by checking http://avaultameshlawsuits.com/

Sun City, AZ

#9 Nov 26, 2013
After a devastating divorce in 2007, I gave up on relationships due to trust issues. Eventually, resolved my issues and began to date again recently. Little did I realize prior to dating, about the string of vaginal infections and discharge had to do with my bladder sling surgery in Jan of 2011. When I got involved these last two months, the relationship quickly grew. Our first intercourse episode: I was in excruciating pain, and he got wounded by a corner of the mesh that was protruding through the inner wall, I think, of the cervix. I have not been fully evaluated yet. This is fresh. I ended up with a bladder infection and bacterial vaginosis, got a antibiotic shot in the butt of rosefra (sp?) and was put on metronidazole.(heavy hitters) On top of that, my partner ended up with an infection of the wound as well, and is on antibiotics. Anger and upset is still fresh, and I would guess we are done as a couple. He is pretty mad about this. This leaves me feeling responsible and lonely, once again. I am in my late fifties and love doesn't come around too often. I am sorry I went through all the surgery.(I recall the bill being around $31K. I still have incontinence issues, so it solved nothing, really, and created more discomfort. I recall when the sling was first put in, I got a thin stream of urine, and it hurt when I really had to pee, because the flow was so slow. I would guess that the forceful muscle reaction eventually dislodged the sling. I will not know until this is fully evaluated. I hope others learn from this. I was able to reach the doctor who did the surgery, and he said he will fix it. That requires a 1600 mile trip, as outpatient, and recovery time of 1-2 weeks, allegedly. With no health insurance and no full-time work as yet (after cross country relocation), this decision is pending information of expense and logistics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Johnson & Johnson to cut about 3,000 jobs (Jan '16) Aug '16 Dirk 2
News Hillsborough in hunt for up to 700 Johnson & Jo... (Mar '15) Mar '15 HumanSpirit 1
News Branswell: Halted Swiss study of Canadian Ebola... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Thx 1
News Verdict: $3.35 Million Awarded in Vaginal Mesh ... (Mar '13) Nov '14 Ericaparker 4
News J&J may face additional payments of $250M on hi... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ericaparker 1
News Voting is now open for the Champion of Care Joh... (May '14) May '14 kzrrn 1
News J&J Failed to Warn of Vaginal Mesh Risks, Jury ... (Mar '13) Dec '13 jacobgabriel001 7
More from around the web