J&J again recalls thousands of faulty hip implants

Feb 14, 2013 Full story: Bradenton.com

Spokeswomen for J&J's DePuy Orthopaedics unit said Thursday that the company recalled the "Adept" brand all-metal total hip replacement system starting last month because a higher-than-expected percentage of them had to be replaced.

Full Story
Katherine

Kansas City, MO

#1 Mar 10, 2013
Complications from metal-on-metal hip implants are quite alarming. More and more people are suffering from it, media reports say. Some have this condition called metallosis in which metal fragments may seep into the bloodstream causing harm to other body organs. I came across this site http://schurmanjessica.wordpress.com/2013/03/... and they have recent news and updates about hip replacement problems, you may want to visit it.
Pamela

Perth Amboy, NJ

#3 Mar 22, 2013
This is not the first time that J&J had to pull out their hip implants from the market. I read from a site called the DePuy Hip Recall Information Center that the company also had to recall their ASR hip implants in 2010. There have been reports that the government is also now looking at J&J's practices in marketing their ASR hips.
Loren

Perth Amboy, NJ

#4 Mar 22, 2013
It may be for the best that these products were recalled. As it is, most metal-on-metal hip implants are causing problems to hip recipients.Legal actions against manufacturers such as DePuy continue to pile up. You might want to be updated on the latest developments on this matter by visiting DePuy ASR hip lawsuit information center.
Gary

Perth Amboy, NJ

#5 Apr 26, 2013
A lot of people are praying that J&J become more responsible in their conduct of business. As it is, product recalls have become routine for them. It would be best if they put importance on social responsibility rather than financial gains. This recall follows the very controversial recall of their ASR hip systems which has pending cases right now. Know more about this by checking DePuy Settlement Information Center.
JRS1047USMC

Wichita, KS

#6 Jun 19, 2013
I know that the Depuy Pinnacle hips are bad I've both hips replace one them 3 times. However the question here is, does anyone know where to go for true clinical data if such excsit, the reason I ask my replacements were within a 5-6 year period 2004-2009. I'm a veteran not that that means I'm trying to get free ride but it seems that after the recall in 2010 of the ASR the claims started sky rocketing In the numbers being reported. I would love to talk with anyone that may know.

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillsborough in hunt for up to 700 Johnson & Jo... Mar 1 HumanSpirit 1
Branswell: Halted Swiss study of Canadian Ebola... Jan '15 Thx 1
Verdict: $3.35 Million Awarded in Vaginal Mesh ... (Mar '13) Nov '14 Ericaparker 4
J&J may face additional payments of $250M on hi... Nov '14 Ericaparker 1
Voting is now open for the Champion of Care Joh... (May '14) May '14 kzrrn 1
J&J Failed to Warn of Vaginal Mesh Risks, Jury ... (Mar '13) Dec '13 jacobgabriel001 7
Johnson & Johnson to pay $2.2B in health care f... (Nov '13) Nov '13 jacobgabriel001 2
More from around the web