U.S. Tax Money Pays Foreign Workers f...

U.S. Tax Money Pays Foreign Workers for TSA Uniforms - NewsChan...

There are 88 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Apr 12, 2010, titled U.S. Tax Money Pays Foreign Workers for TSA Uniforms - NewsChan.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

The U.S. Transportation Security Administration stands on the front lines of defending America's airports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
US citizen

Glasgow, KY

#1 Apr 12, 2010
Joel Ray Coe needs to run for a seat in the U.S. Congress. Maybe Bart Gordon's seat.
VF associate

Madison, TN

#2 Apr 12, 2010
This happens because of NAFTA. The TSA uniforms are manufactured with fabric from China at a VF plant that abides by strict US governement regulations and are inspected yearly by US Customs officials. They are as safe coming from Mexico as if they were made here in the US. VF is not the reason Mr Coe does not have work, the US government and NAFTA are the reason.
UnemployedAmeric an

Franklin, TN

#3 Apr 12, 2010
so the uniforms are made in Mexico, where some of the biggest drug cartels are located. No wonder there are bigger issues with drugs in the US everyday, who is going to stand up to the cartel and tell them they cant steal the uniforms, or wait maybe the cartel is actually making them as well! What is this country coming to?
us citizen

Glasgow, KY

#4 Apr 12, 2010
VF associate wrote:
This happens because of NAFTA. The TSA uniforms are manufactured with fabric from China at a VF plant that abides by strict US governement regulations and are inspected yearly by US Customs officials. They are as safe coming from Mexico as if they were made here in the US. VF is not the reason Mr Coe does not have work, the US government and NAFTA are the reason.
No it is VF's lobbyist hard work that is the blame dont you think......... did not one man state in the interview that a lower bid than VF's bid for the tsa uniform contract was offered to tsa. No No no shame on you vf associate do not attempt to blamed Mr Coe. Not Mr Coe's fault I do believe at least he is trying to keep jobs in the US. VF sure is not. Shame on vf and the govt officials who awarded vf the contract.
VF associate

Madison, TN

#5 Apr 12, 2010
UnemployedAmerican wrote:
so the uniforms are made in Mexico, where some of the biggest drug cartels are located. No wonder there are bigger issues with drugs in the US everyday, who is going to stand up to the cartel and tell them they cant steal the uniforms, or wait maybe the cartel is actually making them as well! What is this country coming to?
..... TSA uniforms = drugs in the US? Not sure how you make that correlation
Bill

Kingston Springs, TN

#6 Apr 12, 2010
I consider this situation just par for the course.(I feel), that American manufacturing jobs, have been hijacked by Senators making deals with foreign countries (free trade agreements). Not only are these official uniforms being made in foreign countries, military ammunition and weapons, are also produced by foreign countries.

You have to wonder, what happens when a batch of these weapons (or ammo), reach our troops, and they fail to work or fire? Will our Senators still say it was best for free trade agreement principles?

They better not ask the widows or widowers.
VF associate

Madison, TN

#7 Apr 12, 2010
us citizen wrote:
<quoted text> No it is VF's lobbyist hard work that is the blame dont you think......... did not one man state in the interview that a lower bid than VF's bid for the tsa uniform contract was offered to tsa. No No no shame on you vf associate do not attempt to blamed Mr Coe. Not Mr Coe's fault I do believe at least he is trying to keep jobs in the US. VF sure is not. Shame on vf and the govt officials who awarded vf the contract.
.... where did I blame Mr Coe? Also, I beleive the report said that VF offered a bid with the uniforms made in the US and one with them made in Mexico. TSA picked the one made in Mexico.
Racoe employee

Scottsville, KY

#8 Apr 12, 2010
KEEP The WORK IN THE U.S.A. WE know who is in our factories!!!!!!!!!
This report was done in Phoenix
http://www.kpho.com/news/10291381/detail.html 5 Investigates is still waiting for about 500 pages of records requested under the Freedom of Information Act. The records should answer the questions of how the uniforms are going missing and whether they're being stolen in a concerted effort or simply misplaced.Uniformed TSA officials, however, appeared to walk right through the security checkpoint exit lanes without being stopped. No one even asked them for identification.
guest

Livingston, TN

#9 Apr 12, 2010
VF associate wrote:
This happens because of NAFTA. The TSA uniforms are manufactured with fabric from China at a VF plant that abides by strict US governement regulations and are inspected yearly by US Customs officials. They are as safe coming from Mexico as if they were made here in the US. VF is not the reason Mr Coe does not have work, the US government and NAFTA are the reason.
That still is not right. The uniforms should be made in the USA.
Not only for safty sake but its our tax dollars...
US citizen

Glasgow, KY

#10 Apr 12, 2010
VF associate wrote:
<quoted text> .... where did I blame Mr Coe? Also, I beleive the report said that VF offered a bid with the uniforms made in the US and one with them made in Mexico. TSA picked the one made in Mexico.
I might add that tsa will probally now debate the awarding contracts to companies who do the manufacturing for the contract overseas. GOD BLESS THE USA
Former VF Empolyee

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Apr 12, 2010
Uniforms could have been cut and sewn in US if VF hadn't closed its plants in the states and put US citizens out of work.
US citizen

Glasgow, KY

#12 Apr 12, 2010
VF associate wrote:
<quoted text> .... where did I blame Mr Coe? Also, I beleive the report said that VF offered a bid with the uniforms made in the US and one with them made in Mexico. TSA picked the one made in Mexico.
You are the one who brought Mr Coe up . Why ?????????? Looks to me you are upset with him. Where did Mr Coe blame vf ??? Mr Coe stated that it was congress's shame not Vf.
guest

Brentwood, TN

#13 Apr 12, 2010
The focus of this issue is all over the place. Of all the problems we're being faced with and money being spent by our government outside of this country...THIS is what you're concern is? Mr. Coe's time would be better spent looking for a solution and making sales calls.
Wonderful in TN

Kansas City, MO

#14 Apr 12, 2010
guest wrote:
The focus of this issue is all over the place. Of all the problems we're being faced with and money being spent by our government outside of this country...THIS is what you're concern is? Mr. Coe's time would be better spent looking for a solution and making sales calls.
I think the report said he was making sales calls when he found out that all the uniforms were being made outside the country.

Until you lose your job, you wont care that ours are gone. Maybe then you will join the rest of us in the outrage.

You also wont care about nastional security issues until you lose a love one because of something stupid like this.

Way to go Mr Coe and News Ch 5 AGAIN. Good job for keeping us informed.
MARK MCCLAIN

New Tazewell, TN

#15 Apr 13, 2010
THIS JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW OUR ELECTED OFFICALS ARE LOOKING OUT FOR OUR WELL BEING.THEY PROMISE TO KEEP JOBS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORKING HARD FOR OUR FUTURE SO THEY CAN GET VOTES AT ELECTION TIME AND KEEP THEIR JOBS.IF THE GOVERMENT WANTED TO HAVE THESE UNIFORMS MADE BY MEXICANS ALL THEY WOULD HAD TO DO IS HIRE THE 11 MILLION ILLEGAL ONES HERE IN THE UNITED STATES NOW, AND COULD HAVE SAVED A FREIGHT OR SHIPPING CHARGE.LETS GET SMART AMERICA DONT BUY THESE PRODUCTS MADE BY THESE COMPANIES AND VOTE THESE LYING JERKS OUT OF OFFICE AND GET PEOPLE WHO WILL DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR AMERICA NO MATTER WHO'S FEELINGS OR TOES GET STEPPED ON AND PLACE TWO TERM LIMITS ON ALL ELECTED OFFICALS.
Hampton

Nashville, TN

#16 Apr 13, 2010
Stop sending American jobs out of the Country. The Security issue should be enoogh reason much less American's loosing jobs. This should not even be an issue when it comes to our National Security and American's are loosing work, jobs and homes. Times are hard enough as it is. This can never be justified by any politician or any form of reasoning.
WAKE UP AMERICA!
jackson county res

Wrens, GA

#17 Apr 13, 2010
US citizen wrote:
Joel Ray Coe needs to run for a seat in the U.S. Congress. Maybe Bart Gordon's seat.
you are so right. he is fighting for jobs in tenn.proud of you mr coe.
Gene

Lebanon, TN

#18 Apr 13, 2010
VF associate wrote:
This happens because of NAFTA. The TSA uniforms are manufactured with fabric from China at a VF plant that abides by strict US governement regulations and are inspected yearly by US Customs officials. They are as safe coming from Mexico as if they were made here in the US. VF is not the reason Mr Coe does not have work, the US government and NAFTA are the reason.
What makes you so damn sure they are safe being made in Mexico? TSA is responsible for the safety of thousands of people. The fewer hands those uniforms pass through, the better. The drug cartles in Mexico are out to make a buck. Who's to say they would not sell a few of them to terrorists? I think your comment was without any thought at all.
Jobless

Glasgow, KY

#19 Apr 13, 2010
guest wrote:
The focus of this issue is all over the place. Of all the problems we're being faced with and money being spent by our government outside of this country...THIS is what you're concern is? Mr. Coe's time would be better spent looking for a solution and making sales calls.
Is that not what Mr. Coe was doing when he phone VF. Anyways it is wrong that our govt take our tax dollars and use those tax dollars to support overseas jobs when we have the manufactures here willing to do the job. I am calling my congressman.
Vet

Westmoreland, TN

#20 Apr 13, 2010
Several hundred million dollars have went to China to a factory that produces solar panels. This money is from the stimulus bill of 787 billon dollars that was passed. This money was supposed to creates jobs here, not China. I can't wait until November, 2010.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

VF Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fruit of Loom to buy VF intimates (Jan '07) Oct '12 doug loves rug 10
News Michael Corvino, president of backpack maker Ja... (Aug '07) Oct '12 Joel Zegalia 4
News North Face opens first New Jersey store (Sep '12) Sep '12 Arab Rage 1
News Big business silent on NC gay marriage amendment (Apr '12) May '12 WeTheSheeple 6
cheap lacoste (Mar '12) Mar '12 cheap lacoste 1
News Majestic revives warehouse sales, but in Readin... (Aug '07) Oct '11 Jon 8
News Tornado destroys VF's Alabama facility (May '11) May '11 business 1
More from around the web