Oil settles below $70 on China worries

Oil settles below $70 on China worries

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 31, 2009, titled Oil settles below $70 on China worries. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Oil prices fell nearly 4 percent to below $70 a barrel today as a steep drop in China's stock market raised doubts about the strength of the U.S. and global economic recovery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Aug 31, 2009
World-wide forces affecting the price of oil? That can't be!

I thought it was just the Republicans and big oil...
Anti-Hick

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Aug 31, 2009
Don't worry, Cheney and little Busg still have a big role in it!
IrishMN

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Aug 31, 2009
The volatility of the petroleum markets is but one reason this country needs to move off of fossil fuels, and towards 100% green technology - and do it now.

Our Mother the Earth is on life support. We can not let her die.
Legend of Doom

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Aug 31, 2009
Dems energy plan

restrict/block/litigate.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Aug 31, 2009
Anti-Hick wrote:
Don't worry, Cheney and little Busg still have a big role in it!
Were you dropped on your head as an infant? Or just fed a low nutrient level vegan diet by your hippie parents that limited your intellectual development?
truth

Hudson, WI

#6 Aug 31, 2009
Well oil people have been saying for seventy years now that we someday may run out of oil. As well as saying that production supposedly can't keep up with demand, well right now plenty of product, lack of demand funny I don't see these economic triggers coming into play.
OPEC

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Aug 31, 2009
OPEC has long said they wish for oil to trade at $70 a barrel. The market seems to be bearing this out, despite economic data pointing to no recovery that non-Wall Streeters can see. Unemployment and foreclosures continuing to rise seems to contradict the contention the the "recovery" is in full swing. Sounds like cheerleading by the upper 1% to try to convince us everything is OK. The oil prices and gas prices where they are is no shocker. OPEC wants it there. This is well-documented as their "price point" to give them the returns they wish to see for their massive infrastructure investments to be able to drill remote oil fields.
Oh Please

AOL

#8 Aug 31, 2009
You good little leftists told us that it was Bush keeping the price of oil high for his buddies. What happened?
Joy

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Sep 1, 2009
Cheap gasoline makes my big SUV happy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Energy Systems Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oil prices pose threat to world economy (Jun '08) Jun '15 Raj Chanani 3
News Movies opening this weekend - May 29 May '15 May 29 2015 event... 1
News Oil Below $60 Tests U.S. Drive for Energy Indep... (Jan '15) Feb '15 going down 4
News For Saudis, Falling Oil Demand Is More Worrying... (Jan '15) Jan '15 jeffry 1
News Natural Gas Futures Rebound From Six-Week Low o... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Mike g Papa 4
News Oil at $40, and Below, Gaining Traction on Wall... (Jan '15) Jan '15 toneyweigert 1
News U.S. Getting Rid of Oil Addiction as Price Plum... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
More from around the web