Gadhafi slams Security Council at UN speech
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.
#1 Sep 23, 2009
There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to chrystal clarity. For the next 4 years, sit quietly and we will control ALL that you see and hear. We repeat......there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to..........The OBAMA LIMITS!
#2 Sep 23, 2009
Barack Obama, through his spokesman, claimed that he was unaware of the tax day tea parties. But how out of touch is the Community Organizer in Chief, really?
- He was unaware that he was attending a church (for 20 years) with a racist pastor who hates America.
- He was unaware that he was family friends with and started his political career in the living room of a domestic terrorist.
- He was unaware that he had invested in two speculative companies backed by some of his top donors right after taking office in 2005.
- He was unaware that his own aunt was living in the U.S. illegally.
- He was unaware that his own brother lives on pennies a day in a hut in Kenya.
- He was unaware of the AIG bonuses that he and his administration approved and signed into a bill.
- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of Commerce was under investigation in a bribery scandal.
- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of Health and Human Services was a tax cheat.
- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of the Treasury was a tax cheat.
- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be the U.S. Trade Representative was a tax cheat.
- He was unaware that the woman he nominated to be his Chief Performance Officer was a tax cheat.
- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be #2 at the Environmental Protection Agency was under investigation for mismanaging $25 million in EPA grants.
For the love of God, there are people in comas that are more aware of world affairs than this smooth talking, village idiot.
#4 Sep 23, 2009
well at least he wasnt slaming his own country. gadhafi has more class than that.
#5 Sep 24, 2009
I didnt watch the speech that Obama made, but according to a couple of forums about it, there must have been two speeches being made at the same time. Some posters are saying that Obama was not being negative about America and some were saying that he was. Could this be like the 3 blind men trying to describe the elephant? I am inclined to go along with the ones who say he was given what I have heard from his speeches and seemingly never ending apologies.
#6 Sep 25, 2009
Obama Gives $400 K to Gaddafi Charity
Nice. Obama plans of gifting $400,000 to a Libyan Charity run by the Gaddafi family.
CBS2 Chicago reported:
The Obama Administration plans to give $400,000 in funding to a Libyan charity run by the Gadhafi family, and U.S. Rep. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) wants the grant withdrawn.
The money would be divided between two foundations run by the family of Libyan leader Muammar Gadhafi. A $200,000 share is set to go to the Gadhafi Development Foundation, which is run by Gadhafi's son, Saif, and another $200,000 are to go to Wa Attassimou, an organization run by Muammar Gadhafi's daughter, Aisha.
Kirk says the grants should be withdrawn in light of the recent return to Libya of Pan Am Flight 103 bomber Abdel Baset Megrahi. The terminally ill prisoner was released from in Scotland on compassionate grounds, and got a hero's welcome from Muammar Gadhafi and other Libyans upon his return.
Saif Gadhafi was involved in negotiating for Megrahi's release, and accompanied him back to Libya.
#7 Sep 25, 2009
Maybe this is his way of paying back the $33 mil in campaign momey.
#8 Jun 11, 2010
Check this out:
Six weeks ago, Iran was elected to the U.N. Commission on the Status of Women
The UN is a joke, and we should have nothing to do with it, or atleast realize what it is.
Women in the U.S. should be the strongest adherents of the American Way, and the strongest against the Islamization of America.
Women, don't "open-mind" yourself into a burka. You have the most to lose.
Add your comments below
|Oil prices pose threat to world economy (Jun '08)||Jun '15||Raj Chanani||3|
|Movies opening this weekend - May 29||May '15||May 29 2015 event...||1|
|Oil Below $60 Tests U.S. Drive for Energy Indep... (Jan '15)||Feb '15||going down||4|
|For Saudis, Falling Oil Demand Is More Worrying... (Jan '15)||Jan '15||jeffry||1|
|Natural Gas Futures Rebound From Six-Week Low o... (Dec '14)||Jan '15||Mike g Papa||4|
|Oil at $40, and Below, Gaining Traction on Wall... (Jan '15)||Jan '15||toneyweigert||1|
|U.S. Getting Rid of Oil Addiction as Price Plum... (Dec '14)||Dec '14||Kid_Tomorrow||1|
Find what you want!
Search US Energy Systems Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC