Frigid air fuels Franklin County area...

Frigid air fuels Franklin County area oil sales

There are 13 comments on the Public Opinion story from Nov 25, 2008, titled Frigid air fuels Franklin County area oil sales. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Gotta have it: Larry Stumbaugh, left, and Josh Snively, Stumbaughs Fuel Service, Waynesboro, prepare Tuesday to refill a fuel tank at a home in Waynesboro.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Really

Newville, PA

#1 Nov 26, 2008
If this is frigid temperatures you should have been around in the 50's and 60's. I remember many years we got snow for thanksgiving that was still on the ground until late March. Now if it gets this cold out it is below average temperatures.
I Feel Your Pain

New Bloomfield, PA

#2 Nov 26, 2008
I seem to remember snowier winters as a kid, but then, kid's perceptions tend to make things more grandiose than they really are.
GrimReeper

Darby, PA

#3 Nov 26, 2008
For all of you that went out and voted for President Elect Obama. This is what you're getting.
The new Economic Recovery Advisor, Paul Volcker. Hope you're happy.

"Volcker is a legendary central banker who raised interest rates and restricted the money supply to tame raging inflation in the 1980s. It was a painful prescription that helped send the economy into one of the nation's worst recessions".
lost in america

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Nov 26, 2008
Why did I prepay for heating oil this? Thought I'd be further ahead and at a cheaper price. Boy,was I wrong! Anyone know if I can back out of contract?
Eric Clapton revisted

Riverside, NJ

#5 Nov 26, 2008
GrimReeper wrote:
For all of you that went out and voted for President Elect Obama. This is what you're getting.
"Volcker is a legendary central banker who raised interest rates and restricted the money supply to tame raging inflation in the 1980s. It was a painful prescription that helped send the economy into one of the nation's worst recessions".
Wow!! Obama and Volcker made it get cold early this year!!!
Walking the Earth

Mansfield, OH

#6 Nov 26, 2008
For "GrimReeper" (not Grim Reaper ...)

1. I wouldn't, and didn't, vote for a Corporate Democrat nor Corporate Republican.
2. IMHO, Volcker is the ONLY designee of the incoming administration that we can place any degree of confidence in to help the economy/main street, at the expense of bankers et al.

3. GrimReeper, you didn't finish the quote of those 2 AP Writers, and because you didn't, you should be silent for about 3 months on "here":

QUOTE: Volcker is no stranger to economic crises, having led the Fed under two presidents from 1979 to 1987. Volcker is a legendary central banker who raised interest rates and restricted the money supply to tame raging inflation in the 1980s. It was a painful prescription that helped send the economy into one of the nation's worst recessions.

However, he is largely credited with ushering in nearly three decades of relatively low inflation - an unthinkable feat in the 1970s, when the country was grappling with high unemployment, high interest rates and ever-rising prices./QUOTE

Sorry to bolster "GrimReeper"'s (not Grim Reaper) hijack, but disengenous quoting need to be stopped dead.
Texas Tea

Gettysburg, PA

#7 Nov 26, 2008
lost in america wrote:
Why did I prepay for heating oil this? Thought I'd be further ahead and at a cheaper price. Boy,was I wrong! Anyone know if I can back out of contract?
Your contract is a price agreement, it is not an agreement that you'll buy your oil there. Buy it somewhere else at today's market price and then get all your prebuy money back next spring.
haa

Carlisle, PA

#8 Nov 26, 2008
GrimReeper wrote:
i have been thinking that too. it is amazing how much oil has suddenly dropped even though they have cut down the supply. it started about the same time that people started to believe that big oil bush and his lackeys would be gone soon.
NotReally

Newville, PA

#9 Nov 26, 2008
haa wrote:
<quoted text>
i have been thinking that too. it is amazing how much oil has suddenly dropped even though they have cut down the supply. it started about the same time that people started to believe that big oil bush and his lackeys would be gone soon.
It is all about speculation my friend and nothing to do with Bush.
Really

Newville, PA

#10 Nov 26, 2008
I Feel Your Pain wrote:
I seem to remember snowier winters as a kid, but then, kid's perceptions tend to make things more grandiose than they really are.
I was a teenager back then and not what I consider a kid. In 1961 temperatures dropped to 20 below but somehow they never made the records on file. Just like the liberal news.
weird

Carlisle, PA

#11 Nov 26, 2008
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a teenager back then and not what I consider a kid. In 1961 temperatures dropped to 20 below but somehow they never made the records on file. Just like the liberal news.
So sudenly it is the liberals that deny global warming and ran the country in the 60's. That sounds more like conservative news. Just rewrite history as needed.
I Feel Your Pain

New Bloomfield, PA

#12 Nov 27, 2008
GrimReeper wrote:
What's this got to do with the topic at hand?
fatman

Lansing, MI

#13 Dec 1, 2008
Texas Tea wrote:
<quoted text>
Your contract is a price agreement, it is not an agreement that you'll buy your oil there. Buy it somewhere else at today's market price and then get all your prebuy money back next spring.
so will i get my stock money back i lost when the pre-buy was a deal last year did you give your oil co.a tip w/e whinners what til feb. it gets cold Israel nukes Iran and oil's $6.00 a gal. then will you want back in your contact? you buy car insurence do you go wreck your car so you can collect really take ur lumps and move on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Energy Systems Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Environmentalists Are Dead Wrong Apr 25 Defeat Maxine Waters 1
News The Coffee Price Could Double In The Next 12 Mo... Mar '17 Texxy the Indepen... 1
News Oil prices pose threat to world economy (Jun '08) Jun '15 Raj Chanani 3
News Movies opening this weekend - May 29 (May '15) May '15 May 29 2015 event... 1
News Oil Below $60 Tests U.S. Drive for Energy Indep... (Jan '15) Feb '15 going down 4
News For Saudis, Falling Oil Demand Is More Worrying... (Jan '15) Jan '15 jeffry 1
News Natural Gas Futures Rebound From Six-Week Low o... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Mike g Papa 3
More from around the web