Feature: What's Killing Carbon Capture?

Jul 21, 2011 Full story: BusinessWeek 7

On a brittle, blustery afternoon on the outskirts of New Haven, W. Va., the faint odor of ammonia isn't the only sour note in the air.

Full Story
LessHypeMoreFact

Orangeville, Canada

#1 Jul 22, 2011
Lack of political will to account for the 'externalized costs' of pollution. Simple.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 22, 2011
An accountable representative doesn't promise citizens benefits he can't deliver. We will not drive up the price of energy and fuel because of your climate fears.
longterm_thinker

Prospect, Australia

#3 Mar 8, 2012
CCS is a bottomless barrel.

Truckloads of money have been sunk into the idea for some years without results.

Should that concept ever be implemented it will drive electricity prices to gigantic heights because the consumer will have to pay for the monitoring and maintenance of the system. And it will build up and up and up.

Three years after introducing such a facility, the consumer will pay for the consequences of three years electricity production, 50 years later consumers will pay for the maintenance of a system that stores 50 years worth of CO2.

Now, how brain dead can they be?

Since: Apr 10

Milwaukee, WI USA

#4 Mar 12, 2012
Sequestration of CO2 is insane and beyond stupid.
litesong

Everett, WA

#5 Mar 12, 2012
Those who oppose 'sequestration of CO2', often oppose efficient use of fossil fuels.

Such people laugh at vehicles that exceed 40mpg & even 50mpg. Such people deride the electric car which often can obtain 100+mpg-equivalent, even reaching to 135+mpg-equivalent.

I use 100% gasoline, instead of the 10% ethanol blended gasolines. Go to pure-gas.org for maps & addresses of the minority of stations that have 100% gasoline. After testing 100% pure gas, our 3 cars have mpg increases of 7-8%, 7-8% & 6%, run smoother AND with a trace more power. Going up hill you do not have to shift down as much(or as in the case of my CVT vehicle, rpms are lower).

However, fossil fuel inefficiency advocates will NOT want to use 100% gasoline. The use of 10% ethanol blends actually use more fossil fuels, while burning 10% ethanol blends AND processing ethanol.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 12, 2012
The government shouldn't encourage you to use less energy if they want a thriving economy. I want an energy policy that encourages the production and use of energy and fuel.
litesong

Everett, WA

#7 Mar 14, 2012
litesong wrote:
Those who oppose 'sequestration of CO2', often oppose efficient use of fossil fuels.
Such people laugh at vehicles that exceed 40mpg & even 50mpg. Such people deride the electric car which often can obtain 100+mpg-equivalent, even reaching to 135+mpg-equivalent.
I use 100% gasoline, instead of the 10% ethanol blended gasolines. Go to pure-gas.org for maps & addresses of the minority of stations that have 100% gasoline. After testing 100% pure gas, our 3 cars have mpg increases of 7-8%, 7-8% & 6%, run smoother AND with a trace more power. Going up hill you do not have to shift down as much(or as in the case of my CVT vehicle, rpms are lower).
However, fossil fuel inefficiency advocates will NOT want to use 100% gasoline. The use of 10% ethanol blends actually use more fossil fuels, while burning 10% ethanol blends AND processing ethanol.
//////////
'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' wrote:
The government shouldn't encourage you to use less energy if they want a thriving economy. I want an energy policy that encourages the production and use of energy and fuel.
//////////
litesong wrote:
You encourage increased fuel use. I encourage efficient fuel use. There are efficiency advocates that indicate those two sentences are not mutually exclusive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Energy Systems Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Natural Gas Futures Rebound From Six-Week Low o... Dec 14 One way or another 3
U.S. Getting Rid of Oil Addiction as Price Plum... Dec 12 Kid_Tomorrow 1
U.S. Gasoline Price Falls to $3.5206 a Gallon i... Aug '14 rdf 1
Don Brunell | It's not easy being green in the ... Jul '14 Solarman 1
Ex-Osama bin Laden ally turns informant (Apr '14) Apr '14 indy 1
FDA Looks Ahead to Withdrawal of Nonprescriptio... (Oct '09) Sep '13 Aldous 5
Video: GOP Sen. Enzi: Obamacare "is failing" (Jul '13) Jul '13 Your Ex 28
More from around the web