Stocks In Steep Sell-Off; Dow Falls 245 Points

Full story: WFMZ

A triple dose of bad news sent stocks sharply lower Wednesday afternoon, with all three indexes set to have their worst day in months.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Larry Allentown

Catasauqua, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

well well I predicted this for the last 18 months for those of you who kow me. We have now entered the second dip of our severe recession. Unemployment will remain high for the next 5 to 10 yrs. We are all going to experience lower std of living until our govt stops increasing natl debt and reduces in size with state and local govt to follow. We can no longer keep up with the Jones,s cause they are broke also. We cant create jobs and economic wealth from poverty. We need to get big time cuts in fed taxes matched by equal amount of reductions in our govt spending. Addtl taxes will make matters worse. Unfortunately we can no longer spend our way out of this. Wage reductions will come and hit the special interest employees, the real estate market will continue its woes. Obama is not to blame for all of this but he will get a lot of the blame. He apparently does not have the knowledge or skills to pull us out. His govt bailout philosophy has not performed. I PRAY for our country everynight to ask the LORD to get us to go back to the paths and focus we were founded on. It will take a complete change of direction but our country always did well under pressure. Our youth will suffer the most till we are back on right road. This is all my opinion.
JJ Mirkin

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Larry Allentown wrote:
well well I predicted this for the last 18 months for those of you who kow me. We have now entered the second dip of our severe recession. Unemployment will remain high for the next 5 to 10 yrs. We are all going to experience lower std of living until our govt stops increasing natl debt and reduces in size with state and local govt to follow. We can no longer keep up with the Jones,s cause they are broke also. We cant create jobs and economic wealth from poverty. We need to get big time cuts in fed taxes matched by equal amount of reductions in our govt spending. Addtl taxes will make matters worse. Unfortunately we can no longer spend our way out of this. Wage reductions will come and hit the special interest employees, the real estate market will continue its woes. Obama is not to blame for all of this but he will get a lot of the blame. He apparently does not have the knowledge or skills to pull us out. His govt bailout philosophy has not performed. I PRAY for our country everynight to ask the LORD to get us to go back to the paths and focus we were founded on. It will take a complete change of direction but our country always did well under pressure. Our youth will suffer the most till we are back on right road. This is all my opinion.
Hey Warren

you want to bet it rebounds by Friday?

high oil partly to blame....plus

the summer is notorious for a slump

and most of the sell off was due to Greece

nice try though Kreskin
Stewie

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

How long until they blame this on Bush?
truth

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

keep voting democrat and this country is doomed
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

JJ Mirkin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Warren
you want to bet it rebounds by Friday?
high oil partly to blame....plus
the summer is notorious for a slump
and most of the sell off was due to Greece
nice try though Kreskin
Weak dollor and bad unemployment number + gummit economists were wrong they predicted 4% growth it was less than 2% last month.(main reason for sell off)
the weak dollar is the main concern out of everything 10 yr bonds below 3% investors are moving their money and things will get far worse before they get better. Get rid of Bernanke he is killing us. Raise rates ASAP!!! Obamanomics of printing more money and lowering rates is killing the value of our dollar raising costs all over. Grains, and oil especially. Stop trying to pretend you know something. sell off had to do with Greece...not really. If numbers are bad tomorrow donít be shocked by another 200 point sell off. If they are good or at least on par market may go up but there is a lot of uncertainty in the market. Again main issue is the weak dollar. QE2 is ending next month another factor
JJ Mirkin

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text> Weak dollor and bad unemployment number + gummit economists were wrong they predicted 4% growth it was less than 2% last month.(main reason for sell off)
the weak dollar is the main concern out of everything 10 yr bonds below 3% investors are moving their money and things will get far worse before they get better. Get rid of Bernanke he is killing us. Raise rates ASAP!!! Obamanomics of printing more money and lowering rates is killing the value of our dollar raising costs all over. Grains, and oil especially. Stop trying to pretend you know something. sell off had to do with Greece...not really. If numbers are bad tomorrow donít be shocked by another 200 point sell off. If they are good or at least on par market may go up but there is a lot of uncertainty in the market. Again main issue is the weak dollar. QE2 is ending next month another factor
Hey Pyle, I see being an ashole is a full time position for you.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

JJ Mirkin wrote:
<quoted text>
good thing he didnt bet you huh?? you are so stupid
Typical

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

JJ Mirkin wrote:
<quoted text>
And posting on many names is a full time job for you, right? Whammo?

Still a loser I see.
Tom Dooley

Hellertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
And posting on many names is a full time job for you, right? Whammo?
Still a loser I see.
I have a question. Is it writen somewhere that you can't use different names when posting in here?.....I didn't think so.
Are you that bored that you mentioned this to that person?
I post in here under a new name almost daily.
Am I subject to some sort of fine or prison sentence?
Who cares...just a "typical" moron like you I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent US Energy Systems Discussions

Search the US Energy Systems Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Osama bin Laden ally turns informant Apr '14 indy 1
FDA Looks Ahead to Withdrawal of Nonprescriptio... (Oct '09) Sep '13 Aldous 5
Video: GOP Sen. Enzi: Obamacare "is failing" (Jul '13) Jul '13 Your Ex 28
Invasive seaweed spreads along New England coast (Dec '12) Jun '13 Campus Bubble 3
Report says Pfizer may try to market OTC Lipitor (Aug '11) May '13 Camden 11
Plans to export US natural gas stir debate (May '13) May '13 feeling safe these days 1
Power outage time after Sandy not extraordinary (Nov '12) Nov '12 fukuda 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••