Boy injured in train mishap

Oct 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Elko Daily Free Press

A 13-year-old boy on his way to school was seriously injured Thursday morning when the parked train he was attempting to crawl under suddenly moved.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mirt

Herriman, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Judged:

So, how much money is the family going to drag out of the UP for his ignorance?
WMCA

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

Judged:

Mirt wrote:
So, how much money is the family going to drag out of the UP for his ignorance?
If they get money or not it's none of your bussines!Yes the kid made a mistake but he paid the prize.So please save your stupid comments to your heartless self.
Gurt

Herriman, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

Judged:

Hmmm, shall we have a drink at the Red Lion or Model T?
Dip

Elko, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

Poor sap. If his parents would have taken the time to teach him the importance of thinking and using logic, he most likely would not have tried to crawl through a train.

Moron.
Dope

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

I wonder how much money Mommy and Daddy (if Daddy is even in the picture) will get from the RR and blow on themselves? Do you think they will save any monies for his education? I doubt it. They did not educate the poor kid about the dangers of the RR.

Morons.
Rail Safety

Mountain View, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

http://tinyurl.com/5xpo87

This will shed light on who are friends of the the rail industry, and who cares about public safety.

Since: Mar 07

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

You know I hope there will be no suing going o in this case. The boy was old enough to know right from wrong. Just because his friend was dumb enough to do it did not mean he had to fallow. If his friend jumped off a bridge and died would he have done the same thing? Come on now Jr High you shold know better.
UP Engineer

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

People know that trains are dangerous but choose to tempt fate by taking chances. I feel badly for this boy, but at 13 he was aware of the danger. A train can suddenly start without notice, and you should never cross through or under any rail equipment; railroad employees are not allowed to even do this, unless they have an understanding with the engineer to "apply the brakes and not move until I say you can."
Tina

Logan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

The boys Aunt.
You people should all be a shamed of yourselves. How dare you call a 13 year old boy a moron.
You dont know the story, nor were you there, Union Pacific has not taught any train safety at the Junior high for at least 5 years.
No one is to blame. Yes, there is a father present, and we are all helping the family. You are all cold hearted...what if it was your son or daughter. Kids are kids, no matter what.
How dare you even say such a thing as - if the family gets money how much will they blow on themselves..how ignorant of all of you.
Unless you know the TRUTH...then stop passing judment on a child.
I am his Aunt, very close. So my comments to all - God knows your heart and your mind. He will pass judgement on all of you. Again, you should all be a shamed of yourselves.
midwest rail

Saint Charles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Tina wrote:
The boys Aunt.
You people should all be a shamed of yourselves. How dare you call a 13 year old boy a moron.
You dont know the story, nor were you there, Union Pacific has not taught any train safety at the Junior high for at least 5 years.
No one is to blame. Yes, there is a father present, and we are all helping the family. You are all cold hearted...what if it was your son or daughter. Kids are kids, no matter what.
How dare you even say such a thing as - if the family gets money how much will they blow on themselves..how ignorant of all of you.
Unless you know the TRUTH...then stop passing judment on a child.
I am his Aunt, very close. So my comments to all - God knows your heart and your mind. He will pass judgement on all of you. Again, you should all be a shamed of yourselves.
Sadly, Tina, on a public forum like this, there will always be heartless comments. Where you lose me, however, is your statement that "no one is to blame". If that were the case, then why would the investigating officer say that it "was totally avoidable" ? Once again, we see the utter folly of building a school right next to an active rail line, with little foresight as to the problems that will occur.
Jopp

Herriman, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

Hmmm....so the Union Pacific Railroad is to blame, huh?

Seems Mom, Dad and Aunt are to blame in raising a 13 year old to crawl between the tracks with a train on the tracks. It also seems the young lad did not have enough common sense or is too ignorant to understand that poor decisions lead to poor outcomes.

Tina

Logan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

Jopp,

Its your poor decision to again pass judgement on a 13 year old. and his family whom you dont know.

I guess if you would like to belive everything you read, thats fine.

Again, you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
I will not post here again. I have better things to do with my life. Helping my family cope with such a tragic accident, at such a tender age.

unknowen

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

I believe in my heart that this young boy was just following his buddies and trying to inmpress them, we all know how kids at this age can be. No matter how much you tell them the sky is blue they will argue its purple. No matter how much you tell them not to do things that are dangerous they will one way or the other be tempted. My heart cries for the young boy, but also I feel angury at him for not using his common sence in such a dangerous sitution. This has been a damaging lesson to the boy and his parents. At least he only lost his foot, not his life. maybe he will take this lesson and teach other kids the dangers of life and the heavy price to pay for lack of commin sence.
Lok

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

Tina forgot to mention once again that the incident was NOT the fault of the boy, but everyone else, including the RR.

I wonder how the family will enjoy the monies gained from the incident? Will the family place money into a college fund? Or will it all go into a slot machine at the Red Lion or Model T?

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

Lok wrote:
Tina forgot to mention once again that the incident was NOT the fault of the boy, but everyone else, including the RR.
I wonder how the family will enjoy the monies gained from the incident? Will the family place money into a college fund? Or will it all go into a slot machine at the Red Lion or Model T?
Are you kidding me? NOT the fault of the boy? LMAO that is the funnies thing I have heard. Come on the train was stopped the conductor does not know that there is a boy trying to drag his bike and his self under the train. If you were the train conductor up in front of all the cars and you were stopped would you have thought that there was a boy with his bike climbing under the train you were driving? I am sorry but I dont think the family should win a law suit. I dont think they should be suiing at all. My son is 14 yrs old and knows better then to climb under a train. Even if his friends do it. Common sence people. Train is stopped it is going to move sooner or later. The boy and his family are just lucky that he didnt loose his life. Be happy for that and move on. Forget law suits and all the other crap. Be happy love him and teach him write from wrong and common sence stuff. Like if a car was stopped and your ball was under it would you go under and get it? No you would not cause that car was going to move sooner or later. You wait for it to leave then get you ball.

To all the name callers on here that is just wrong to be calling a kid or anyone for that matter names. Come on know how old are you all?
How Sad

Carson City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

I believe that every one of you has taken some type of risk in your lifetime. Nobody is perfect so none of you all pretend to be. I live in Winnemucca and I see that there is now a fence going up along Haskell and Railroad street (each side of the track). I have children and have been told that their behavior is different when I am not around and I notice other folks children are the same way. Everybody makes mistakes some mistakes are just way bigger than others. We are all following the path God laid for us.
h-bar

Wilmington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

trepasser...sad story
g-girl

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

hey best bmx mom do you have nothing to do but gossip and rub your nose in everyones buissness i have went to most of the stories in this page and u always have some stupid comments posted in all of them GET A F**KING LIFE! and stay out of everyones buissness unless u know what the FuCk really happened!
Sirt

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

Seems like now would be a great time to go to Jack In The Box and get a french fry.

Winnemucca, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

g-girl wrote:
hey best bmx mom do you have nothing to do but gossip and rub your nose in everyones buissness i have went to most of the stories in this page and u always have some stupid comments posted in all of them GET A F**KING LIFE! and stay out of everyones buissness unless u know what the FuCk really happened!
You know what G-Girl That was uncalled for. Ever heard of freedom of speech? Well that is what this is all about FREEDOM of speech. You dont know me and I dont care to know you. You are just pissed cause I am right in everything I say. I am not in anyones business. The people that are on here maade their stories everyones business and everyone has opinions. So G-Girl you can take your sh** A$$ comment and shove it where the sun dont shine. What is G-Girl? I know it is not good girl, must be GOSSIP GIRL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Union Pacific Discussions

Search the Union Pacific Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
RDInvesting Provides Investors with Free In-Dep... Mar '14 carolann 1
Chinese, U.S. rail firms eye Mexico as reforms ... Mar '14 Peter 1
All Aboard Union Pacific Mar '14 Peter 1
Group: Santa Teresa rail facility needs improve... Mar '14 Peter 1
Report: CAT Unit Probed for Part Dumping (Dec '13) Dec '13 nonyas 1
What is an alternate with UP? (Sep '13) Sep '13 Trent 1
Union Pacific 3Q profit up 15 pct on price hikes (Oct '12) Oct '12 Really 1
•••
•••