Judge in Neb. rules for railroad in d...

Judge in Neb. rules for railroad in drug dispute

There are 2 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Dec 19, 2011, titled Judge in Neb. rules for railroad in drug dispute. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

LINCOLN, Neb. - U.S. border officials exceeded their authority when they imposed multimillion-dollar fines against Union Pacific Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#1 Dec 22, 2011
Good for the judge! It is not the railroad's responsibility to enforce the law. If homeland 'security' can't do their job then tough noogies!!
KAH

Dyersburg, TN

#2 Dec 23, 2011
Ole Janet over to homeland ought not worry about a pickup load of dope on a rail car when semi loads are coming through the tunnels every day. Use the Russian model, poison the dope and put it back on the car the druggies will learn or maybe not.
Worries me more the way they ignore the threat of toxic and poison hazards. These company's seem hell bent to recreate "The Second Battle of Ypres" but the stock answer is wait until it happens it might not be all that bad. My feeling Ajit Jain is doing the handicapping for BNSF and he thinks it will.
Theirs currently a case up for oral at the STB Homeland has not even indicated a desire to participate let alone comment. Trying to get a rate prescribed smiler to a carload of coal. No mention say a major failure like under McCormick Place in downtown Chicago. Liability Billions.
Closest they get to me is about 20 miles and over a ridge don't think it would interest a self respecting terrorist bigger target down the line.
The current rate is around 14,845, N. Vancouver B.C. to Glendale. You can of course get the same product from Rowley, UT half the distance a lot less risk of course it could be diluted with water to a safe level, clear your sinus but serviable would make a few more carloads.

http://cfr.regstoday.com/49cfr174.aspx#49_CFR...

(a) A carrier must forward each shipment of hazardous materials promptly and within 48 hours.

(b)held at any point, subject to forwarding orders, so as to defeat the purpose of this act.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture....

Canexus Chemicals Canada, L.P. Chlorine stored at Belmont, WA.
I have heard there can be as much as 300 to 500 gallons left in a top pumped car considered unloaded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Union Pacific's (UNP) CEO Lance Fritz on Q3 201... (Oct '15) Sep '17 John Doe 4
News UTU agreement on UP eases strain of recession (Dec '08) Oct '15 Terry Lauhflin 4
News U.P. chief: Employee pride matters (Sep '10) Oct '15 Terry Lauhflin 4
News Up Ceo got nearly $12M compensation in 2008 (Apr '09) Oct '15 Terry Lauhflin 6
Union Pacific Is Worried About West Coast Labor... (Jan '15) Feb '15 L V SMOOT 2
News RDInvesting Provides Investors with Free In-Dep... (Mar '14) Mar '14 carolann 1
News Chinese, U.S. rail firms eye Mexico as reforms ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Peter 1
More from around the web