GM to shut down Saturn after Penske walks away

There are 4 comments on the El Paso Times story from Sep 30, 2009, titled GM to shut down Saturn after Penske walks away. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

General Motors Co. said Wednesday it would shut down its Saturn division after an agreement to sell it to Penske Automotive Group Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

nono

Austin, TX

#1 Sep 30, 2009
Roger chickened out and it was a smart move. Now he should dump Smart cars.
Scott

Irving, TX

#2 Sep 30, 2009
Saturn did fine when GM let them operate autonomously from the rest of the company. Saturn died when GM brought them in under the corporate banner....it just took a few years to pronounce the patient deceased.

And yet another chapter in "GM Big Book of Bad Management" comes to a close.
Military knows best

El Paso, TX

#3 Oct 1, 2009
GM should have gotten rid of Buick and kept Pontiac and let Saturn alone. I would rather buy a more exciting brand then something that is more known for the poor mans Cadilac
alex

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Oct 1, 2009
The way things are going, dont be surprised if the government brings back the "peoples car". MArk My Words, we will all be driving little VW-Bugs like in the hitler days if something is not done with this government interfering. FYI.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United Auto Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Penske Automotive Expands Commercial Truck Deal... Feb '15 Gerald Vonberger 1
News Own a dead GM brand? Don't fret | The Columbus ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Big Johnson 2
News GM to shut down Saturn as sale talks fail | The... (Sep '09) Jan '10 powell sinclair 72
News The Sun Sets on Saturn: GM Says 'So Long' (Oct '09) Oct '09 Chief Pontiac 18
News GM To Shut Down Saturn | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohi... (Sep '09) Oct '09 Mike 14
News GM To Shut Down Saturn After Penske Walks Away (Sep '09) Oct '09 D-MAN 3
News GM to Shut Down Saturn Division (Oct '09) Oct '09 susan morgan 1
More from around the web