Source: GM to sell Saturn brand to Ro...

Source: GM to sell Saturn brand to Roger Penske

There are 28 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 5, 2009, titled Source: GM to sell Saturn brand to Roger Penske. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A person briefed on the deal said General Motors Corp. will sell its Saturn brand to former race car driver and dealership chain owner Roger Penske.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#21 Jun 5, 2009
I looked up Toyota. The Camry is built on the FF layout. So is Lexus ES, Lexus RX, Toyota Avalon, Highlander, and Sienna. So building on a similar platform is common they all do it. The GM Epislon platform has a wide version and a long version.
Saturn Tech

United States

#22 Jun 6, 2009
Noticed some interesting posts. Wanted to add my two cents worth. The Sky is discontinued, I did the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) on the last one delivered to our dealership this past week. No more, finished, done. There will be no more after this year.
The Aura, Outlook, and Vue will continue to be manufactured under GM and sold by Saturn..... for now. It won't last forever, trust me. There are many more details we've been given, but I can't say anymore because it's too early to tell what will happen, but one thing for sure is that MR. Penske has said that there will be no production involved, he wants to stay away from it, and I don't blame him.
Unknown

West Covina, CA

#23 Jun 6, 2009
yeah this man roger penske has money to buy other brands,but does not have any money to pay his employees. Everyone at Penske Toyota in the service department is underpayed, There are Car Technicians thaty have been with the company for 3 years and they only make 9 dollars an hour and they have their automotive degree and their T-ten courses done which is a Toyota program.Not to mention that the cashiers at penske toyota get payed more than the Technicians that fix customers vehicles. There is a cashier there that makes 9.50 an hour and she has no college degree and she has only been with the company for 1 year . Its really sad how they run their business and how poorly people are payed i mean c'mon there is a Technician there that makes 8.50 an hour and he has been there for 1 year and a half. They just hired another cashier about 1 month and a half ago and she makes 9 dollars an hour. PENSKE TOYOTA in DOWNEY is the WORSE places to work

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#24 Jun 7, 2009
Unknown wrote:
yeah this man roger penske has money to buy other brands,but does not have any money to pay his employees. Everyone at Penske Toyota in the service department is underpayed, There are Car Technicians thaty have been with the company for 3 years and they only make 9 dollars an hour and they have their automotive degree and their T-ten courses done which is a Toyota program.Not to mention that the cashiers at penske toyota get payed more than the Technicians that fix customers vehicles. There is a cashier there that makes 9.50 an hour and she has no college degree and she has only been with the company for 1 year . Its really sad how they run their business and how poorly people are payed i mean c'mon there is a Technician there that makes 8.50 an hour and he has been there for 1 year and a half. They just hired another cashier about 1 month and a half ago and she makes 9 dollars an hour. PENSKE TOYOTA in DOWNEY is the WORSE places to work
Goodyear tire shop ad for help in Cedar Rapids Iowa last week want a mechanic starting pay 15.00-20.00 dollar an hour depending on experience. With benefits
Fred

Delano, MN

#25 Jun 7, 2009
Goodyear is an American company soon tobe bankrupt like GM.

I'll never understand why Americans insist on buying Hundae's etc when they are of very poor quality. A friend runs a locksmith shop and says the Korean cars have junk locks. Like the rest of the cars.

A co-worker bought a Hundaie last winter and it froze up the first day she drove it to work, NO ANTIFREEZE! Can you remember the last time a US made car was delivered without antifreeze??

==========
Iowa city lear wrote:
<quoted text> Goodyear tire shop ad for help in Cedar Rapids Iowa last week want a mechanic starting pay 15.00-20.00 dollar an hour depending on experience. With benefits
Bob the Bilderberg

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Jun 7, 2009
I loved my little '92 SL2. It had personality.
collectivist drone

Bowling Green, KY

#27 Jun 8, 2009
Unknown wrote:
yeah this man roger penske has money to buy other brands,but does not have any money to pay his employees. Everyone at Penske Toyota in the service department is underpayed, There are Car Technicians thaty have been with the company for 3 years and they only make 9 dollars an hour and they have their automotive degree and their T-ten courses done which is a Toyota program.Not to mention that the cashiers at penske toyota get payed more than the Technicians that fix customers vehicles. There is a cashier there that makes 9.50 an hour and she has no college degree and she has only been with the company for 1 year . Its really sad how they run their business and how poorly people are payed i mean c'mon there is a Technician there that makes 8.50 an hour and he has been there for 1 year and a half. They just hired another cashier about 1 month and a half ago and she makes 9 dollars an hour. PENSKE TOYOTA in DOWNEY is the WORSE places to work
If you're not happy with your pay, and you think you can make more elsewhere, go and do so.

Easy concepts.
collectivist drone

Bowling Green, KY

#28 Jun 8, 2009
Fred wrote:
Goodyear is an American company soon tobe bankrupt like GM.
I'll never understand why Americans insist on buying Hundae's etc when they are of very poor quality. A friend runs a locksmith shop and says the Korean cars have junk locks. Like the rest of the cars.
A co-worker bought a Hundaie last winter and it froze up the first day she drove it to work, NO ANTIFREEZE! Can you remember the last time a US made car was delivered without antifreeze??
==========
<quoted text>
Probably about an hour ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

United Auto Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Penske Automotive Expands Commercial Truck Deal... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Gerald Vonberger 1
News Own a dead GM brand? Don't fret | The Columbus ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Big Johnson 2
News GM to shut down Saturn as sale talks fail | The... (Sep '09) Jan '10 powell sinclair 72
News The Sun Sets on Saturn: GM Says 'So Long' (Oct '09) Oct '09 Chief Pontiac 18
News GM To Shut Down Saturn | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohi... (Sep '09) Oct '09 Mike 14
News GM To Shut Down Saturn After Penske Walks Away (Sep '09) Oct '09 D-MAN 3
News GM to Shut Down Saturn Division (Oct '09) Oct '09 susan morgan 1
More from around the web