Connecticut Style on News Channel 8

Connecticut Style on News Channel 8

There are 19 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Feb 8, 2009, titled Connecticut Style on News Channel 8. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

NEW HAVEN, Conn. ? A brand new show focused on the local people, places and entertainment styles in Connecticut is coming to News Channel 8! Connecticut Style premiers February 16th at 12:30pm! The show will be ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

JennyC

West Hartford, CT

#1 Feb 18, 2009
I can't wait for Connecticut Style to begin! And who better to host than Desiree & Sonia! I love them both!What a great idea!

“Just be yourself ”

Since: Jan 09

New Haven

#2 Feb 18, 2009
Its seems thier just trying to compete with Better Connecticut on channel 3
what

Port Chester, NY

#3 Feb 19, 2009
Tara L wrote:
Have you ever noticed that Channel 8 and Channel 3 have the same news ticker in the morning? Channel 3 adds the ski report, but otherwise its word for word.
Master of the Obvious

Elmhurst, IL

#4 Feb 19, 2009
Tara L wrote:
Every news channel competes against the other...it's why they track ratings. Notice that they don't really put a lot of "less than attractive" women on camera?

Sonia..Yvonne, et al...Nice looking women.

Keep watching...it's what they want..and who cares what Channel 3 is doing? If you need to know, go watch Rachel and Co. on 3.
Turn OFF the TV

Hamden, CT

#5 Feb 19, 2009
JennyC wrote:
I can't wait for Connecticut Style to begin! And who better to host than Desiree & Sonia! I love them both!What a great idea!
Get a JOB!!
GO CHANNEL 12

Harrison, NY

#6 Feb 19, 2009
i'd rather eat a suppository than watch channel 8.

“Just be yourself ”

Since: Jan 09

New Haven

#7 Feb 19, 2009
Master of the Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Every news channel competes against the other...it's why they track ratings. Notice that they don't really put a lot of "less than attractive" women on camera?
Sonia..Yvonne, et al...Nice looking women.
Keep watching...it's what they want..and who cares what Channel 3 is doing? If you need to know, go watch Rachel and Co. on 3.
Racael is no longer on ch. 3 she on fox 61 I will watch ch. 3 like always do.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#8 Feb 19, 2009
…News Channel 8
"news" channel 8? Here? In Connecticut" Bullsh*t. Maybe another state's channel 8; but not here.

"tabloid entertainment" channel 8: okay.
Master of the Obvious

Elmhurst, IL

#9 Feb 20, 2009
Tara L wrote:
<quoted text>Racael is no longer on ch. 3 she on fox 61 I will watch ch. 3 like always do.
Go figure...I stopped watching 3 ages ago because they have no idea how to broadcast. Microphones clipped, audio levels all over the place, tape packages that run to black, music beds that drown out "talent" on bumbers...so many pre-pro errors that never get QA checked before hitting air...not even at the junior varsity level for professional broadcasting.

Not that 8 is much better, but as a former broadcaster, I couldn't stomach to watch that on-air daily train wreck on 3.
tom hamden

Hamden, CT

#10 Feb 23, 2009
best of luck to sonia and desiree watched today good show you both look good as allways you have got the style good luck
Butt Naked

Rochester, NY

#11 Feb 23, 2009
No streaming?
faye

Bridgeport, CT

#12 Feb 24, 2009
I am trying to register for the books shown on today's ( Tues) show. Plz send me the link. Thanks and keepup the good work.
Paul C

Hamden, CT

#13 Mar 2, 2009
Sonia, Back off on the make-up. You don't need it!
pat

United States

#14 Mar 9, 2009
Do not like Ct. Style one bit.....Fur cooks in the kitchen and all are talking at the same time What in the world is this coming too.....And no one is really cooking.......Big Joke....Show will not last long thank the almighty above....
WFSB Channel 3 ROCKS

Hamden, CT

#15 Mar 9, 2009
Paul C wrote:
Sonia, Back off on the make-up. You don't need it!
Sonia looks like a RACOON with big boobies in those ads.

Does a blind man apply your make up???
Melvin

Somers, CT

#16 Mar 10, 2009
My first thought seeing the ad - channel 8 chose the two most ditzy and fashion impaired women at the station to host yet another lame show on ABC. Figures.
Jessica

New Haven, CT

#17 Mar 12, 2009
I cannot stand Desiree Fontaine. She is so annoying. I don't know who dresses her but her clothes are HORRIBLE!!! She looks so cheap. I watch Channel 8 almost all day and night but I have to turn it off from 12-12:30 because of this stupid show. Sorry Sonia, I like you but I just cannot stomach Desiree's voice!
Tina

AOL

#18 Feb 1, 2010
JESSICA...YOU'RE RIGHT ON THE MONEY!! Desiree looks a cheap mess. Her clothes, and esp her wild hair, is a complete turn off.

She needs to TONE DOWN her outfits, makeup and hair and then maybe we'd watch more often. SHE IS WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too hyper and Channel 8 has to do something about this.

The subject matters on CT Style are great, but c'mon Desiree...get.....it....togeth errr!!
Insider

Cambridge, MA

#19 Feb 23, 2010
I couldn't care or know less about fashion in CT, if such a thing actually exists. What I do know is that I love Sonia's lovely, large breasts and would like to recommend that her next teleprompter job be with "The Naked News" and I'll be her "biggest" fan!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lin TV Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut Style on News Channel 8 (Jul '11) Feb '15 sandys soap shop 5
News New deal returns WWHO to Dish Network | The Col... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Black lion 3
News Lin TV Corp. to Announce Fourth Quarter 2010 an... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Betty 1
News LIN Stations Dark On Dish (Mar '11) Mar '11 Brad C 3
News Pay TV Battle Turning Bitter; No Agreement Reached (Mar '11) Mar '11 oh my 1
News Connecticut Style on News Channel 8 (Dec '10) Dec '10 patricia pearce 2
News Connecticut Style on News Channel 8 (Jun '10) Nov '10 Bette 16