Orlando high-school senior fights ill...

Orlando high-school senior fights illiteracy in India

There are 3 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 3, 2008, titled Orlando high-school senior fights illiteracy in India. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

At the tender age of 17, Tarun Mathur has traveled to some 25 countries. But it was the homeland of his father, a former Tupperware executive, that really struck him -- especially the poverty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Gloom And Doom

Clermont, FL

#1 May 3, 2008
"Children are really in need of a better life in India" Hell, children in Florida are really in need for a better life. The
school dedicated to helping fight illiteracy in other countries. Hell, they should try to fight illiteracy here in Florida. What is wrong with these people. We don't give a rats arse about the people in India.
pat of cocoa

Palm Bay, FL

#2 May 3, 2008
The people of india are doing better today. They can read .If we continue to help poor people they will be rich we will be poor with no oil for us.
clr33

Ocoee, FL

#3 May 3, 2008
whoopee... I have no interest in articles about someone exporting yet more money to help educate people in a country where we are exporting a significant number of white-collar jobs already (ie call support centers, programming, etc.). Let them educate their own people, we are sending enough revenue over as it is.

How about investing in educating our own Youth. Now that is something I am interested in reading about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tupperware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vintage Japanese Tupperwave (Apr '15) Apr '15 Razmom4 1
looking for a spiral vegetable peeler (Nov '14) Nov '14 joyce 1
Questionnaire for an innovation! (Mar '14) Mar '14 Dimitri 2
Tupperware Lackof service (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jesse 2
lids lids & more lids (Aug '13) Aug '13 Beth 1
(2) 2011 Tupperware Jubilee East Registrations ... (Jul '11) Apr '13 Donna J 2
Large Tupperware comb?? (May '12) Mar '13 Bev 2
More from around the web